Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Did they just confirm that they resurrected the original Madrox, not the Rosenberg Madrox?

I think this is leading to a reveal that he DIDN'T die, and the Prodigy in the cast is a dupe.
    If that were the case he'd just be a clone & we would have to question their so called "resurrection" process all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    So nearly everyone's suddently dead after a skip, essentialy having died off pannel with not even a fight?

I know i should give the story a benefit of a doubt until next issue, maybe Morrigan took over Rachel and now everyone just in an illusion (Hellions says hi) but if it's genuine this writer is damn trigger happy with the characters under her care and that's saying something given how casual the whole writing team is with their series and it almost feels insulting to the characters and their survival ability under normal circumstances.
    The fact that it's a time skip in the end of the issue is pretty much intentionally meant to create mystery as to why these characters died, so the reveal can happen next issue (if they are even really dead and not also possessed by the Morrigan)

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Everyone is just so... Annoying in this book. I really want to like it but it's hard to take anyone seriously when they're all just fucking or snarking.

Feral cameo was nice though.
    I actually agree. I enjoy the snark here and there but a whole freaking issue of it is just annoying. I will say the complete change in tone on that last page was great though. Completely creepy and it worked great.

I like this book but definitely feel some connections feel forced and/or way too speed up. Particularly the Aurora and Daken romance which ate up most of this issue.

Leah's Daken just reads too... nice? It wasn't that long ago he was being a dick in Iceman and so this change in personality seems like whiplash. I hope we get a explanation on that or that Leah shows he hasn't lost his edge.

I did love Leah bringing Tommy in, if a bit briefly. The nerdy talk between him and JP was great. Also some trivia that apparently Northstar is the fastest mutant on Krakoa, but that going at his top speeds is bad for his health.

Also seeing the team interrogate Siryn's friends and family. RIP Sean not knowing Siryn had died lol.

Overall a decent issue but too much panel time got spent on some of the weaker characters in this book (Aurora and Daken).

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M. View Post
    I actually agree. I enjoy the snark here and there but a whole freaking issue of it is just annoying. I will say the complete change in tone on that last page was great though. Completely creepy and it worked great.
    Same here, everyone acts the same way.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    If that were the case he'd just be a clone & we would have to question their so called "resurrection" process all over again.
    We definitely have to question the whole process, especially if the next of kin of people who die aren't even informed, even more so if they're dying regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Same here, everyone acts the same way.
    How is Eye-Boy's innocent, bubbly voice the same as Prodigy's self-serious tone or Northstar's quick, take-no-bullshit commands?

Yea I don't think everyone sounds the same either.

Also this is the most laid-back Rachel I've ever read and it's kinda refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    That's pretty much what this book's mandate is, though - to poke at the resurrection protocols and ask the messy questions. We've had a couple of relatively straight-forward investigations so far, now things are more complicated with Siryn and, it looks like, David.

It's seems to me like the people in this thread don't know what "You're hot , I'm hot so why not" is like to be saying that Daken and Aurora is too fast. I mean grab your pearls ladies they only kissed and god only knows how much times has passed since they first found her dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Everyone is just so... Annoying in this book. I really want to like it but it's hard to take anyone seriously when they're all just fucking or snarking.

Feral cameo was nice though.
    I agree with you. The characters all feel flat and the same, to me. Which is sad, because I love every character in this book. I do think the art is nice, though.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by havok83 View Post
    can we talk about this rachel reveal????

Spectacular Member

I loved the issue. Still my favorite book

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Double post

Which characters are falling flat? Which characters sounds the same?

I think Leah is doing a great job at differentiating them.

And I'd actually love her to do an New X-Men title.