Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

It was literally explained in this issue, little spirit.
    I'm complaining about the two times that he interrupted them. Not the reason

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    They are on this longer tan this. nyway IDK the deal about her brother calling her all the time
    Daken is a pretty well known F boy and former villain not exactly someone you want to bring home to the family

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantTheorist View Post
    I love how they tiptoed around Speed's mutant status.
    They did leave it very obscure makes ya wonder also Jean Paul literally did not recognize the son of someone they proclaimed an enemy of the state, also got an invitation to come when he pleases, their security is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    They did leave it very obscure makes ya wonder also Jean Paul literally did not recognize the son of someone they proclaimed an enemy of the state, also got an invitation to come when he pleases, their security is garbage.
    Do you know the kids of all the celebrities you hate?

Another great X-Factor issue.

Really didn't think I'd care for this book, when I saw the roster line-up. But I'd now say it was the best book in the line currently with Hellions.

Props to Leah Williams for making me care about Daken of all people! Never saw that one coming...

How Williams handles Daken's struggle and charm pleases me the most.

Williams should be the most considerable writer since Daken's personal book, not just using him as someone else's foil.

I have not picked this book up yet, but I am thinking about it. Are you all enjoying it? Are you faves being treated well, with good stories and art as well as (some) character development?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Do you know the kids of all the celebrities you hate?
    I don't hate people at all so no.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I have not picked this book up yet, but I am thinking about it. Are you all enjoying it? Are you faves being treated well, with good stories and art as well as (some) character development?
    My opinion is that I really enjoy the book. I like comics that have thought and intent baked into the conversations, and ones that handle a good deal of interpersonal dialogue and team building. Rachel has really been able to shine under Leah, as well as other characters. I like the queer and trauma team Leah assembled and how their powers work well together. I do think that some of the voices are different from other books, but that is what happens when you get different writers. So you can take my response or someone else's how finds the book dreadful with a grain of salt. Pick up the first couple issues before XoS starts and see for yourself.

MoS end of the year poll had X-Factor at 3rd best title of the year IIRC? So I think it's safe to say most people like it here.

I'm enjoying it. Williams does some deep dives into character continuity, and I find Baldeon's art dynamic and expressive. I can't speak to everyone else's faves, but the Beaubier twins are being given nuance most writers don't bother poking into, and I'm very much enjoying the procedural aspects of the book. I'd have probably swapped out Eyeboy for just about any other young mutant, but I can't deny his powers are being utilized really well. It might not be your cup of tea if you're really into high-octane action books, though - everyone's powers get a chance to shine as a matter of course, but I think the only big throw-down so far has been in Mojoworld. The rest has been world-building re: the resurrection protocols, character beats, and murder mysteries with a superhero twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I mean, there's been a pretty big chunk of time that's past since X-Factor numero uno. Factoring (heh) in the X of Swords event etc. and any/all "off panel/undepicted" time (The time passed between Siryn's multiple deaths for example)

Sexy people move quickly. Mutants more so.
    This is Krakoa. The horniest place on Earth.
    It works for me because I think JM and Daken are dealing with a combination of intense physical attraction and the mutual handicap of having no idea how to navigate an actual healthy relationship. Like, they're both trying (Daken approaching JM sans powers back in issue #3, Aurora rethinking her snap judgments of him in #5, each one treating the other like an actual person and not an extension of a better-regarded relative or the sum of their mental issues) and they both want it, but they're not used to it. They're used to being groomed, used, and then blamed for it (though, obvs, Daken has a lot more complicating that than JM does). So they're kind of chomping at the bit and reminding themselves to tread carefully at the same time, resulting in moments like JM being wary of Daken's powers, then cozying up to him in a hot tub a few days later. (Though Daken's remarks about her wardrobe make me wonder if Aurora is driving some of these moments more than Jeanne-Marie is.)

I'm interested in seeing where it goes, regardless.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 02-03-2021 at 04:55 PM.

Another terrible issue. Leah is just ugh. Thankfully she hasn’t done anything to ruin Eye Boy yet. Only him being into Prodigy’s voice last issue when was so bad and occ.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I only count Franklin because it was in her teen years and she was still young.

Kurt and Korvus??? Why count those. Most of it was coercion.

Is there really any other male mutants or humans you think Rachel has a good shot with?

I can’t think of any.

Leah already said she’s writing her as a lesbian.

She’s already had a moment with her step-grandmother Hepzibah. If they reveal she’s bi......did she, Hepzibah and Corsair..............NO, JUST NO!!!!
    Kurt was not Coercion at all. Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    My opinion is that I really enjoy the book. I like comics that have thought and intent baked into the conversations, and ones that handle a good deal of interpersonal dialogue and team building. Rachel has really been able to shine under Leah, as well as other characters. I like the queer and trauma team Leah assembled and how their powers work well together. I do think that some of the voices are different from other books, but that is what happens when you get different writers. So you can take my response or someone else's how finds the book dreadful with a grain of salt. Pick up the first couple issues before XoS starts and see for yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm enjoying it. Williams does some deep dives into character continuity, and I find Baldeon's art dynamic and expressive. I can't speak to everyone else's faves, but the Beaubier twins are being given nuance most writers don't bother poking into, and I'm very much enjoying the procedural aspects of the book. I'd have probably swapped out Eyeboy for just about any other young mutant, but I can't deny his powers are being utilized really well. It might not be your cup of tea if you're really into high-octane action books, though - everyone's powers get a chance to shine as a matter of course, but I think the only big throw-down so far has been in Mojoworld. The rest has been world-building re: the resurrection protocols, character beats, and murder mysteries with a superhero twist.
    Thank you all. I know it is hard to give someone else an opinion that would match what they like, but I thank you for your honest takes on the books thus far. I like the characters (Twins, Rachel, Lorna) and was glad to hear that some are back in team books like the Beaubier Twins.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-04-2021 at 04:09 PM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Removing the XoS tie-in, the characters are treated well but the stories lean more towards the character relations like in X-Tremists rather than action so if that affects you, you've been warned.
    "Cable was right!"