Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Very X-cited Member TheMutantTheorist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    They did leave it very obscure makes ya wonder also Jean Paul literally did not recognize the son of someone they proclaimed an enemy of the state, also got an invitation to come when he pleases, their security is garbage.
    It was never explicitly said he was a mutant but also never said he wasn't. He managed to get on Krakoa without sounding any alarms but also didn't use a gate. Also I don't think they'd hold it against Speed for his ghost mothers actions, if he's a mutant then he's welcome on Krakoa after all.

Ok... I really loved this issue. The way she wrote Northstar was great. Amazing character moments also for Aurora, Daken, Speed and Prodigy.

A very sexy issue also. I appreciate that in a x-book, specially in a such diverse one.

I wonder if we'll actually see Kyle babysit Shogo or hang with the Excalibur team. I wish he gets better development because at this point I want to ship Jean Paul with so many other characters. hehe

I also appreciate she addressed already the Betsy situation.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Removing the XoS tie-in, the characters are treated well but the stories lean more towards the character relations like in X-Tremists rather than action so if that affects you, you've been warned.
    Thanks, yes, I do love action!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Aurora comes across as a bit flat to me in this series. She doesn't seem like she is a member of the team really. In contrast, Kyle has a lot less panel time, but he seems to contribute more to the book and comes across more clearly as a distinct character to me. But I may just be comparing her to everyone else in the book who are all multidimensional and interesting in their own ways.

Random Thoughts:
    Prodigy's apartment is minimalist and super cute. I'm taking notes
    Rachel is giving me soft butch realness. I still hate those pants
    Does Daken's healing factor not work? Or did that hot tub sequence take place right after he got back to Krakoa? I was confused by that bit
    Who else thinks The Morrigan is coming after Jean-Marie next? Or is that just wishful thinking on my part

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I wonder if we'll actually see Kyle babysit Shogo or hang with the Excalibur team.
    Probably not - I think Williams was just getting the one character whose death would stick off the island before the horror movie started. XD

Though interesting that Kyle could list all of the signs of an abusive relationship off the top of his head. I wonder if he or maybe his sister was in a bad one at one point. (And I did catch Aurora speaking as if she knew from experience. Probably a callback to Weapon X.)

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The book was really good but this is where it gets weird for me. All the interactions while good felt fake and too quick for me. Like if this was issue 20 i would totally believe it but for what feels like few weeks it just kept taking me out of it. But great book.
    Based on the last sales info we got a long while back this series isn't doing well. So its possibly speeding up for cancellation. Would explain the sudden jump in time to everyone being dead.

This series is one of the better X books with great characterization but man Rachel renders the whole cast redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Based on the last sales info we got a long while back this series isn't doing well. So its possibly speeding up for cancellation. Would explain the sudden jump in time to everyone being dead.

This series is one of the better X books with great characterization but man Rachel renders the whole cast redundant.
    Im not even sure about charactrization, Daken for example is pure fanfic. It is very badly written on dialogues and pace

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Im not even sure about charactrization, Daken for example is pure fanfic. It is very badly written on dialogues and pace
    I like that he's probably the most competent member of the team, but his character has been kind of off for me and I'm having trouble figuring out why. He might be too nice?

I literally can not remember the last time I saw Speed in anything. So that was a pleasant surprise.

X-Factor continue to be top quality with storytelling and interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I like that he's probably the most competent member of the team, but his character has been kind of off for me and I'm having trouble figuring out why. He might be too nice?
    Too nice and trying too hard being good. Of course pheromones work, writer trying to hard not make him creepy too

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Too nice and trying too hard being good. Of course pheromones work, writer trying to hard not make him creepy too
    I don't know he comes off a bit forest gump to me which throws me off. Like overly innocent despite his history. Like "oh i don't understand the emotions of those around me i just sense them an react." it is well written though it just feels like too much too soon in some ways. That is why i said it's weird i love the writing but mentally there are certain beats that just don't instinctively feel right for me if that makes sense. But again as pkingdom says maybe it's too nice? but it feels like more.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I have not picked this book up yet, but I am thinking about it. Are you all enjoying it? Are you faves being treated well, with good stories and art as well as (some) character development?
    If you're looking for a comic that's more relationship-y and snarky... you might like it. The strongest attribute of the book is that it's probably the only one going for real character interactions. I think the character pairings are wonderful and I genuinely think Williams is really precise in the characters she's assembled.

That being said, I don't think the book is always successful. The writing has ZERO subtlety and doesn't always get the characters quite right. Their personalities kind of just change to fit the story. Daken especially. I also think the book has been jumping around too much too fast. The series started with a mystery that hasn't been resolved yet (or at least not to any kind of satisfaction) and this feeling of not knowing if it's still in the cards or just dropped is not exactly good plotting.

Can someone give me reference on when Speed came out as gay? Or is this another case of happening off panel?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Can someone give me reference on when Speed came out as gay? Or is this another case of happening off panel?
    Empyre Hulking. Or rather, that's where it was established that he and Prodigy are makeout buddies. There's no evidence he's not into girls anymore, though, so it's more likely Tommy is bi.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 02-03-2021 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    There was a moment where Speed and Prodigy first kissed at the end of the Young Avengers run a long while back. They've been together since, but they just don't show up much. They were on a date in Empyre