Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default X-Factor#7 Review/Spoiler Thread

Speed comes to Krakoa and tells David that he didnt die when O.N.E. attacked the instittue bc they were together that night. They then makeout. A letter from Elixir tells him that he was resurrected without a body bc there was no formal protocol. Scott adn Logan conirmed his death as he died some time during Rosenberg's run along wth Rahne and Loa

Aurora and Daken are talking. He thinks she fears him. His pheremone powers cant make her feel whatever he wants; just adjust whats there. She feels an attraction and asks him to kiss her. Northstar screams for him and he just kisses her on the forehead and walks off. Northstar says he'll kill him if he breaks her heart

Later Daken is seen tracking Siryn in Barcelona. Lorna leaves to go to the Braddock Lighthouse but Eyeboy can sense her lying. Northstar finds Speed leaving David's room and they compare speed stats. Even later, X-Factor asks Banshee, Madrox, Havok and Dazzler about Siryn. Someone tries to call Lorna for help but she ignores the all.

X-factor trade notes. Siryn has been acting weird but they werent able to gather info from her friends and family. Prodigy theorizes that maybe she is seeing someone who is abusive. Daken is seen in some snowy field chasing a figure that lured him there. She taunts him that no one cares for him as she tosses him on a spike through the heart

Rachel comes and asks them if they were working today and Lorna tries to shut her up by saying they already had. Eyeboy calls her out on her lie.. Rachel goes into her head and sees Morrigan taking control of her. She removes the blocks and Lorna is angry and vows to kill her

Northstar races off to find Daken and save him. Daken thanks him and later is in the hot springs at teh Boneyard. Aurora joins him and they make out. Norhstar screams out for his sister. Before she leaves she mentions Age of X-man and Northstar's experience there. The trauma rewires a person's brain and its bc of that is why he keeps checking to see if they are still there

Later. Everyone is dad. Aurora, Jean Paul, Rachel, Polaris. The last ones left are David, Eyeboy and Daken

Last edited by Havok83; 02-03-2021 at 10:35 AM.

Incredible Member

The conversation between Speed and Northstar in this issue was absolutely brilliant.

This book only keeps getting better for me. Love how invested Leah is in seeing different characters interact and play off of eachother. Like in all the great moments between Speed and JP, Daken and Aurora, Daken and the Morrigan etc. sprinkled through this issue. Lovely work all around

Mighty Member

Yeah this series gets better each issue. I like the team dynamics. Sometimes it’s a bitty wordy, but that’s ok as long as it’s worth it. In my mind, the long list of questioning and remarks between Speed and Northstar was them talking super fast to each other. Haha.. makes it not so wordy in my mind.

I wondering if Theresa keeps killing herself or the Morrigan is killing herself and just getting reborn into Theresa’s body? I like all the interviews with friends and family. Poor Banshee didn’t even know she’s been dying. Sad.

Everyone is just so... Annoying in this book. I really want to like it but it's hard to take anyone seriously when they're all just fucking or snarking.

Feral cameo was nice though.

The book was really good but this is where it gets weird for me. All the interactions while good felt fake and too quick for me. Like if this was issue 20 i would totally believe it but for what feels like few weeks it just kept taking me out of it. But great book.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Leah does such wonderful work with JP, Daken, and Aurora, and love how she touches on things like Age of X-Man, and bringing in people who would be concerned about Terry (Banshee, Multiple Man).

I'm glad the mind control didn't drag on for Lorna, and that she's free from that now.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The book was really good but this is where it gets weird for me. All the interactions while good felt fake and too quick for me. Like if this was issue 20 i would totally believe it but for what feels like few weeks it just kept taking me out of it. But great book.
    Ok I kinda felt that too! Maybe Leah knows sales aren’t the BEST and doesn’t wanna feel like she’s leaving anything on the table in case of an early cancellation. It was mostly the Aurora and Daken interactions that felt sped up to me.

Loved the interactions and how wordy this series is.

Im glad i dont finish it in 4 minutes.

Astonishing Member

So nearly everyone's suddently dead after a skip, essentialy having died off pannel with not even a fight?

I know i should give the story a benefit of a doubt until next issue, maybe Morrigan took over Rachel and now everyone just in an illusion (Hellions says hi) but if it's genuine this writer is damn trigger happy with the characters under her care and that's saying something given how casual the whole writing team is with their series and it almost feels insulting to the characters and their survival ability under normal circumstances.

My favorite book I love this take on Daken especially since I stopped following him after the Iceman solo which is a complete 180 from what he's got going on now love the vulnerability that was displayed. Him & Aroura not sure how I felt before this issue love the pairing now so unique but it works for both characters. Lorna I'm sure she'll be fine in the end, Rachel hope she gets some more shine next month, I'm really curious though how everyone died like ****, also if Kyle dies I wonder if the council will give him the same courtesy everyone else gets as far as resurrections? Also liking eyebrow and usually his design grosses me out but feeling him right now.

David's death is getting more suspenseful I don't really see anyone flat out murdering him just because, so I'm very curious. Him & Tommy were cute the way he tried to usher him out before problems could happen was adorable. That whole conversation with Tommy & Northstar was fun and provided some great exposition on just how powerful JP really is I never knew he had skill like that Tommy becoming a stan for JP was funny and on brand for him. Now I do have to say I'm still curious how he got to Krakoa, he either used a gate or ran there but as shown in KIB Marauders Sage monitors them heavily and surely if their gonna be so gung-ho on this no flatscan rule either he's still a mutant or Krakoan security is just trash, if anyone can sneak in there and then get and invitation to come back whenever they please.

My favorite issue of the weak X-Factor is probably my favorite X-Book overall SWORD being a close second.
    Last edited by Journey; 02-03-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Incredible Member

Did they just confirm that they resurrected the original Madrox, not the Rosenberg Madrox?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    David's death is getting more suspenseful I don't really see anyone flat out murdering him just because, so I'm very curious.
    I think this is leading to a reveal that he DIDN'T die, and the Prodigy in the cast is a dupe.

Default X-Factor #7 Spoilers & Discussion

Bit of a filler issue.

Summery

Opens up with the preview, where Tommy visits Krakoa and David has a realization that his death is not as he thought it was. Daken wants Aurora to open up to and trust him. Hmm still not a fan of this romance or Daken's characterization, it's lacking too much edge. Northstar gives Daken a short shovel talk and then Daken sets into trailing Siryn. Lorna under Siyn/Morrigan's hypnosis is relying false information to the team which Eyeboy is able to pick up on but seems to keep his reservations to himself at first.

Tommy meets Northstar and has a bit of hero worship moment before getting sent on his way. Sadly no confirmation on Tommy's mutant status here, just that apparently David are he and friends with benefits. Also some trivia that Northstar is apparently is the fastest mutant on Krakoa, with the caveat that states he cannot hit his top light speeds because it would liquefy his insides.

The team set to introgatting all of Siryn's closet friends and family including Banshee, Dazzler, Multiple Man and... Havok? The team gets nothing new from them; just that Siryn's remained distant from them as has been suspected. Kyle notes that this behavior seems to mimic what abusers do with isolating victims from the people they care about. Meanwhile the Morrigan has isolated Daken in some icy town, beats him black and blue then impales him a wooden pillar while taunting him that no one at X-Factor will care enough to come look for him. Back at the Boneyard, Eye-Boy has had enough of Lorna's subterfuge and the team has Rachel free Lorna from the hypnosis.

After realizing the Morrigan's lead them on a goose chase, contrary to the Morrigan's taunts, Northstar does go to find and rescue Daken. After coming back, Aurora and Daken get steamy in a hotspring. Aurora notes that Northstar still carries some trauma from Nate Grey's alternate reality. Cut to later that night, part of the team are hiding in Boneyard and apparently Polaris and Rachel are dead. Seems the Morrigan has decided to finally go after the team for interrupting her schemes.

Review

As initally stated, it definitely feels like a filler issue. There some nice moments here and there, though some things did feel off like Daken's characterization and the romance between him and Aurora. It's been barely seven issues and they feel way too invested in each other. Lorna also breaks out of the hypnosis in a pretty unsatisfying manner.

I did like how Leah highlighted the Morrigan's predatory and abusive behavior. As much as Daken felt off, I did like how it was acknowledged that he does have some insecurities regarding his role on the team. Also the explanation on why Northstar feels the need to know exactly where everyone is, due to trauma.

3 out of 5 stars for me. Felt kinda off and weak in some areas but it's moving the plot along.

rip me just saw Havok's thread. Feel free to delete admins.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Did they just confirm that they resurrected the original Madrox, not the Rosenberg Madrox?.
    Does it matter? They are effectively the same person