Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How would Superman get vaccinated?

With the COVID-19 vaccine being distributed, it had raised some questions about how it would be distributed in the DC Universe. Superman is immune to all non-Kryptononian diseases, but how would he cover up not getting vaccinated? The Man of Steel’s body would obviously deter the needle from entering his body, but how would Clark Kent cover up not being vaccinated if he needed to for his work at the Daily Planet? Also, how did the Kent’s deal with Clark’s immunization forms for school? This was an interesting topic that popped up in my mind. Please feel free to leave your opinions.

The needle could be constructed from Supermanium. Wonder Woman would assume her old disguise as a nurse and administer it to him at a vaccination site, with a preplanned appointment date and time.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

I remember (or maybe I imagined???) reading a comic in the 1950s where Superman couldn't be drafted in the Army for this very reason, since they give inductees a battery of vaccines almost the very first thing. I do wonder, though, what would have happened when Clark Kent's number came up in the draft. He would have had to undergo the usual shots and the buzz-cut haircut, so it would have taken some doing.

As for protecting himself against COVID-19. Superman could probably just drink bleach.
    Last edited by seismic-2; 02-03-2021 at 10:51 AM.

Red Sun lights would solve the problem

Also, how did the Kent’s deal with Clark’s immunization forms for school?
    Get a religious exemption, probably (Kansas has them, or at least did within the last few years). It's more difficult when it comes to jobs that require vaccinations, I guess (have no experience with them), but fake paperwork (or falsely entering it into a database, though that can be trickier, it really would be a breeze for someone with his abilities*) seems most likely.

* All he would have to do is use his x-ray vision to see someone's username and password, then login to the immunization web application with those credentials and enter the non-existent vaccinations into his own record (which he could create). Obviously, he should not do this from his own computer. This is the laziest way, but if no one had any reason to look at that record or check with the facility, it's not a that poor a choice.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 02-03-2021 at 12:23 PM.

Mighty Member

In the bronze age, Clark was giving blood along with the rest of the Daily Planet and nurse Evig Doolb had no trouble at all, magically. In the golden age, Clark enlisted after Pearl Harbor, but he concentrated so hard on the eye chart during the exam that his x ray vision showed him another eye chart in the next room. Clark was rejected because of "poor eyesight"!

I always figured the Kents got a co-conspirator to falsify documents.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nikkorod29 View Post
    With the COVID-19 vaccine being distributed, it had raised some questions about how it would be distributed in the DC Universe. Superman is immune to all non-Kryptononian diseases, but how would he cover up not getting vaccinated? The Man of Steel’s body would obviously deter the needle from entering his body, but how would Clark Kent cover up not being vaccinated if he needed to for his work at the Daily Planet? Also, how did the Kent’s deal with Clark’s immunization forms for school? This was an interesting topic that popped up in my mind. Please feel free to leave your opinions.
    He'd probably just call up Bruce or one of his other tech savy friends to whip up some falsified records.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 02-03-2021 at 01:20 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

He'd have Zatanna enchant the needle and a medical professional administer it.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    That's definitely been my take.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Same here. On SMALLVILLE they went to Lionel Luthor for help forging documents. Obviously having it legit be Lex's dad is too much, but I always figured they got someone to help.

Clark would just forge the documentation needed for work, like he's probably forged dozens of documents before.

If I remember right in Man of Steel, John Byrne stblished than his superpowers developted slowly, so when he was a child he broke an arm. If we stick to that continuity we could stablish than he was vaccined and nobody suspected anything at all.
    I we go with a Superman who had powers from day one, that is more complicated.
    Also, with Superman going public, I don't think anyone would question him about being vaccinated. But it seems nobody here care about that, and that is fine for me.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

After all, Jonathan and Martha had to fake a birth certificate for Clark, right?

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    After all, Jonathan and Martha had to fake a birth certificate for Clark, right?
    Depends on the version. Originally he was in an orphanage as a foundling. In one post-COIE version Martha just lied about having been pregnant due to a convenient snow storm.

But like I said, when Clark was a child they would not have had to fake vaccinations records - just get a religious exemption and he wouldn't have to be vaccinated.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 02-03-2021 at 02:48 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

he will just punch the vaccine into him.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

"Super Flare". Some fans hated it but it was one of the best plot device for superman. It answer questions like this easy but of course saying he fake the documents works just as well.