View Poll Results: Mistress of the Elements!! Or the God of Thunder?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thor

17 26.56%
  • Storm

47 73.44%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thor isnt a mutant

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Storm because Thor isn't a mutant (in my mind). I would have picked her anyway. I love Thor but Storm has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Thor isnt a mutant
    And how are we supposed to know, he was never tested!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    And Franklin was kicked off the list.

That still brings us to the question if Magneto dies does Polaris become an Omega mutant? As the definition is the power has to be greater in one discipline then anything produced by man. It doesn't mean unlimited power just the upper limit is greater then anything produced/mimicked by man
    Nope her powers upper limit can be quantified so she will still not be omega. It's basicly having incalculable power in your field. Not who is the top dog if that was the case quetin won't be omega along with Jean.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm not sure the point of the op but the title has "mutant" in quotations which to me implies not literally.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

It's not that she can't do that it's that it will eviserate the natural balance. Take the Sahara for example she could make it snow there nonstop 40 days 40 nights only reason she won't is because there will be grave consequences on the planet. But thors magical ability does give an edge in storm creation since he can create a rainstorm in space while storm will have to use solar wind and interstellar matter to create a tempest.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    It's not that she can't do that it's that it will eviserate the natural balance. Take the Sahara for example she could make it snow there nonstop 40 days 40 nights only reason she won't is because there will be grave consequences on the planet. But thors magical ability does give an edge in storm creation since he can create a rainstorm in space while storm will have to use solar wind and interstellar matter to create a tempest.
    Can thor create a snowstorm in the sun?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Storm has weather manipulation, not elemental manipulation(she cannot straight up manipulation fire and earth right? It's mainly water and air. I am just questioning the title of "Mistress of Elements" since Storm is an Expert weather manipulator, not a general elemental manipulator like say Crystal, Modred, etc who cannot do large scale weather shifting, but they can do stuff like tremors, earthquakes which Storm can't seem to do? I am not entirely sure though, does Storm have geokinesis power in any form?)
    That being said, Thor is not specialized in that field, though most of the time they do similar things since lightning and storm are the more effective way of offensive power.
    So here is where storms ability gets interesting she controls all elements that make up weather in the universe. When she enters a new world or dimension ashe has to bond with the elements that make up weather to control them. Storms power allows her to do more than crystal and modred because unlike them her elemental control is not fixed on specific elements yh in earth she controls air, water and electricity along with different energies. But that's because on earth these three elements make up the weather if she goes to a planet where sand, fire and plants make up the weather as strange as that may be she will be able to control those elements it is even multiversal and dimensional and works everywhere even in the mind. Where she created wind in nightcrawler mind but couldn't affect the mob because it was a memory.
    An example is when she went to The World in giant size she took nanobots and used them to create a windstorm instead of air. That's because the environment was made of nanobots so she could directly control it.
    That is why she is called mistress of the elements.

BANNED

That I do not know his power doesn't extent to other forms if weather just thunderstorms. But with magic I believe he can.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blkgldblu View Post
    whew, let update you. Storm can create fire. Storm has made earthquakes and have even made volcanos eruption. Storm outclasses the title of weather manipulator.
    Remember when clearmont use to make her declare herself mistress of life and the element . That's much closer to what she is
    boom exactly!

Mighty Member

Storm hands down. He may be a god, but she’s always bad ass (used to be a lot more bad ass when Claremont was writing her) and seriously can do weather stuff that Thor cannot. Plus everyone covets her. If you’re despot or ruler or whatever, you want Storm.

EOD.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Attachment 105666

Attachment 105667

Attachment 105668

Storm can do earth and fire type things too, she just doesn't very often. My personal theory is that the trauma of being buried in burning rubble as a kid made her more adverse to those elements; but at the end of the day they are still made of atoms/electrons and they still fall under her influence.
    That is her true power controlling what determines weather. And when we take the word weather to space what does that even mean cause nebulas are part of space weather does that mean storm can control stars, create star systems from nebulae, control quasars or black holes. I mean can she interact with dark matter these are the things that makes her ability soo fascinating. She simply controls what determines weather in other words she determines what makes and doesn't make weather and that is scary.

So here is where storms ability gets interesting she controls all elements that make up weather in the universe. When she enters a new world or dimension ashe has to bond with the elements that make up weather to control them. Storms power allows her to do more than crystal and modred because unlike them her elemental control is not fixed on specific elements yh in earth she controls air, water and electricity along with different energies. But that's because on earth these three elements make up the weather if she goes to a planet where sand, fire and plants make up the weather as strange as that may be she will be able to control those elements it is even multiversal and dimensional and works everywhere even in the mind. Where she created wind in nightcrawler mind but couldn't affect the mob because it was a memory.
    An example is when she went to The World in giant size she took nanobots and used them to create a windstorm instead of air. That's because the environment was made of nanobots so she could directly control it.
    That is why she is called mistress of the elements.
    Lol like i read your posts and still missed the last line. lol. But yeah the trion thing too.
    Last edited by jwatson; 02-04-2021 at 06:22 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    We saw an example of this when she was in the world. Notice the wind was black and looked different. Also the Trion dimension in the past.
    Yep exactly she was directly controlling tiny robots instead of gas particles to create wind like my mind was blown ������ I always knew her abilities were crazy but this I didn't anticipate.

Yep exactly she was directly controlling tiny robots instead of gas particles to create wind like my mind was blown ������ I always knew her abilities were crazy but this I didn't anticipate.
    mine were too, i felt i was the only one who noticed it at the time. lol. in the storm thread people were acting like it was no big deal but it was did you just see what she did. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/