View Poll Results: Mistress of the Elements!! Or the God of Thunder?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thor

17 26.56%
  • Storm

47 73.44%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Yep exactly she was directly controlling tiny robots instead of gas particles to create wind like my mind was blown ������ I always knew her abilities were crazy but this I didn't anticipate.
    Honestly, I love feats but wasn’t impressed by this one, they were breathing so there was air and nanobots were suspended in it.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Honestly, I love feats but wasn’t impressed by this one, they were breathing so there was air and nanobots were suspended in it.
    Their capes were not blowing before Storm created the wind. Thats why she was like "to the world i give wind." There may have been air to breathe but girl created actual wind. I was scanning them pages hard like "oh yup, no one cape is moving before she gives her gift."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    mine were too, i felt i was the only one who noticed it at the time. lol. in the storm thread people were acting like it was no big deal but it was did you just see what she did. lol
    It is, it really is an absolute big deal it changes everything we knew about her power we thought it only applied to natural elements but now we know all matter regardless of natural or not can be incorporated into her weather. Like sit and think of that for a hot second how powerful that will make her she will be practicaly unbeatable. That is why it pains me sooo much when storm only uses lightning and wind in the comics she can do SOOO MUCH MORE! but we'll we get lightning rod.

Their capes were not blowing before Storm created the wind. Thats why she was like "to the world i give wind." There may have been air to breathe but girl created actual wind. I was scanning them pages hard like "oh yup, no one cape is moving before she gives her gift."
    But isn’t this what Ororo does? moving air around it’s one of the simplest application of her power
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

It is, it really is an absolute big deal it changes everything we knew about her power we thought it only applied to natural elements but now we know all matter regardless of natural or not can be incorporated into her weather. Like sit and think of that for a hot second how powerful that will make her she will be practicaly unbeatable. That is why it pains me sooo much when storm only uses lightning and wind in the comics she can do SOOO MUCH MORE! but we'll we get lightning rod.
    I think it's an aspect that people just ignored but it's nice to see it expounded again and that Hickman seems to really understand her powers. There were some recent posts in the storm thread showing examples of this such as her being able to reach out and read the circuitry of machines as easy as the human reaction giving her an advantage in h2h.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Yh but she specifically talked of the robots and about controlling them and using them to give the world wind. That is why her wind storm was black because it wasn't air that made it up it was nanobots. I get why it wasnt 'impressive' it's execution was very subtle and casual which made many gloss over it. But it is right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    But isn’t this what Ororo does? moving air around it’s one of the simplest application of her power
    For me it was more than the application it was the gift. Hickman went into great detail on how the world is artifical and lacks life and etc so for me it was the feat of her giving wind to the world. It didn't just stop, she moved the air and created an element in the world. Or rather as dirtynun says she turned the nanonbots into wind. If it was air, it would have not been black as dirtynun also mentioned.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

storm stated on-panel she was manipulating the machines and not the air:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Taking control of all the elemental sum of the entire dimension is a God tier feat but because it wasn't flashy it is relegated to the background and only brought up as a hail Mary in duels.

BANNED

Was about to post the picture myself too lol

Taking control of all the elemental sum of the entire dimension is a God tier feat but because it wasn't flashy it is relegated to the background and only brought up as a hail Mary in duels.
    im thinking you are referring to Trion and if so I completely agree.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Was about to post the picture myself too lol
    great minds think alike!

For me it was more than the application it was the gift. Hickman went into great detail on how the world is artifical and lacks life and etc so for me it was the feat of her giving wind to the world. It didn't just stop, she moved the air and created an element in the world. Or rather as dirtynun says she turned the nanonbots into wind. If it was air, it would have not been black as dirtynun also mentioned.
    Boy do I miss the old days when I could always count on Claremont’s narration boxes to explain in great detail all major power displays.........

BANNED

I think it's an aspect that people just ignored but it's nice to see it expounded again and that Hickman seems to really understand her powers. There were some recent posts in the storm thread showing examples of this such as her being able to reach out and read the circuitry of machines as easy as the human reaction giving her an advantage in h2h.
    I stated once that the only reason people don't see storm as an extreme threat is because she is a supposed glass Canon. I even joked once that if she ever gets an elemental form or healing factor or hell basic defense shield. Unless you are a reality warper you will go down when you face her cause her power gives her too much advantages I mean iceman can do all this and he is just cryokinetic a sub of a sub of a sub of storm's omega power. So imagine if storm was written creatively.

I stated once that the only reason people don't see storm as an extreme threat is because she is a supposed glass Canon. I even joked once that if she ever gets an elemental form or healing factor or hell basic defense shield. Unless you are a reality warper you will go down when you face her cause her power gives her too much advantages I mean iceman can do all this and he is just cryokinetic a sub of a sub of a sub of storm's omega power. So imagine if storm was written creatively.
    she's not even a glass cannon anymore considering the latest issue of xmen.