Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinjin View Post

In the end of Mystic Arcana: Black Knight, Sir Percy could have killed Mordred but he made the choice to let Mordred kill him as Merlin presented him with two different visions of the future. If he killed Mordred, Nathan Garrett would have become an enforcer for an evil Camelot age and Dane would never have been the Black Knight. What happens in this issue kind of fits with Mystic Arcana's ending.
    Ah yes! Of course. I even re-read that issue recently on your recommendation, given the appearances of the Ebony artifacts. Just completely forgot about Percy letting himself be killed.
    I'm on Twitter! @alex_jamieson

Just curious, but does anyone think Frank Teiri kind of got ripped off? His Rebecca Stevens character in his Black Knight New Excalibur and Weirdworld stories is almost the same as Jacks and he told of all the Black Knights through history that turned evil due to the curse.

Hoping that Dane remains the Black Knight at the end of issue #5 but beginning to think otherwise.

Just curious, but does anyone think Frank Teiri kind of got ripped off? His Rebecca Stevens character in his Black Knight New Excalibur and Weirdworld stories is almost the same as Jacks and he told of all the Black Knights through history that turned evil due to the curse.

Hoping that Dane remains the Black Knight at the end of issue #5 but beginning to think otherwise.
    Well the eternal movie is on the corner, doesn't make sense him not being the Black knight anymore. I'm expecting at least some teasing for a new story

I'm hoping Dane doesn't get screwed over.

Spectacular Member

Preview for issue 5 is up! https://comicbookdispatch.com/black-...ade-5-preview/

Glad they are leaning into the mental health/depression angle - it's something that has really resonated with me since the King in Black oneshot

ETA

I was really pleased with how the issue played out! Won't say more for fear of spoilers before you've all had a chance to read it, but I'm excited by the possibilities.
    Last edited by Alex_Jamieson; 07-28-2021 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Additional content

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Jamieson View Post
    Preview for issue 5 is up! https://comicbookdispatch.com/black-...ade-5-preview/

Glad they are leaning into the mental health/depression angle - it's something that has really resonated with me since the King in Black oneshot

ETA

I was really pleased with how the issue played out! Won't say more for fear of spoilers before you've all had a chance to read it, but I'm excited by the possibilities.
    Agreed. Looking forward to reactions on how the series ended.

All I can say about the final issue is well played Mr. Spurrier.

The Black Knights will return!

Astonishing Member

I am so excited to read the final issue--but I'll have to wait a couple more weeks. My local comic shop was short-shipped on their order, so they have to wait for the re-order to come in for me to get my copy. Grrr.

Big Captain Britain vibes with that last scene!

A very interesting premise. In one sense, it follows a trend of other Marvel heroes. In Guardians of the Galaxy, we have two Quasars who switch off in the same way. Still, I like the idea. I really thought Spurrier was going to kill off Dane and pass the torch. This is a nice middle ground. Wonder where it will go from here though.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    A very interesting premise. In one sense, it follows a trend of other Marvel heroes. In Guardians of the Galaxy, we have two Quasars who switch off in the same way. Still, I like the idea. I really thought Spurrier was going to kill off Dane and pass the torch. This is a nice middle ground. Wonder where it will go from here though.
    It did look like he was going to kill off Dane! I thought his ending was unique as I did not expect it and that it will help him cope with the Ebony Blade.

Spectacular Member

It did look like he was going to kill off Dane! I thought his ending was unique as I did not expect it and that it will help him cope with the Ebony Blade.
    Yes, I like the idea that he doesn't need to face the struggle with the Ebony Blade alone any more. It was a nice resolution for the mental health issues they've been exploring.
    Also, I realised that the point about 'no-one knows who is under the helmet' thing may not just mean that people don't know if it's Dane or JAcks, but also that it might mean they don't know who it is at all, as the wider populace think Dane is dead after the events of issue 1

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Jamieson View Post
    Yes, I like the idea that he doesn't need to face the struggle with the Ebony Blade alone any more. It was a nice resolution for the mental health issues they've been exploring.
    Also, I realised that the point about 'no-one knows who is under the helmet' thing may not just mean that people don't know if it's Dane or JAcks, but also that it might mean they don't know who it is at all, as the wider populace think Dane is dead after the events of issue 1
    Well the Avengers think his dead that's for sure! Does anyone know if there has been another 'father-daughter' relationship like this in Marvel comics (or any company) before? It is a first as far as I know. I wonder what is in store for them in November?

Ultimate Member

Well the Avengers think his dead that's for sure! Does anyone know if there has been another 'father-daughter' relationship like this in Marvel comics (or any company) before? It is a first as far as I know. I wonder what is in store for them in November?
    Scott and Cassie Lang have briefly adventured together, but otherwise, generally not a lot of father/daughter partnerships out there. (Reed, Sue and both their kids, but that's a whole different dynamic.)