View Poll Results: Should Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver Get Their Mutant Status Back?

Voters
205. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Make them Mutants Again

165 80.49%
  • No - Keep the Retcon

27 13.17%
  • Undecided

13 6.34%
Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Now that Disney owns FOX, What happens to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver?

now that Disney has purchased fox and obtains ownership of x-men and, more importantly, the "MUTANT" concept, what do you think marvel will do to scarlet witch and quicksilver?

a few years ago, in a bitter feud with fox over cinema depictions of quicksilver (avengers: age of ultron and x-men DOFP), marvel retconned Wanda and Pietro out of being mutants and severed their family ties to their father, MAGNETO.

instead, the avengers editors made them the children of the high evolutionary, wrecking years of stories and continuity in the process.

but now it seems that marvel is free to make them mutants again and restore their history and family, reuniting their ties with the x-men, magneto, and their sister polaris. and in the same time, making all those avenger and x-men stories devoted to their family ties relevant once more.

question is, do you think marvel will do this? will they make quicksilver and scarlet witch mutants (and magneto's children) once again?

do you want them to be mutants once again?

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

They do not have x-genes. If they're children of Magneto, they are not mutants. Rather, their powers result from the High Evolutionary's science, which is so advanced that it may as well be magic. Since the High Evolutionary preserved them for many years, I can imagine him endowing Magneto's human children with true power, not mere mutant power.

BANNED

Just keep them as is.

Continuity is more than convoluted enough already.

Incredible Member

High evolutionary was manipulating and messing with you oh no you actually ARE mutants

Just ignore the non-mutant retcon. Or hand wave it with, "Why would we ever really believe that obviously dumb ####?"
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

They may be Magda's children, but it's more likely that their true father is James Howlett.

The family was one of their sales draws for crossover stories to line wide events.

And, had a not insignificant animated presence watched by millions before relations went to **** between companies.

With the core rational for the retcon gone will Marvel deny itself easy money that several large intertwined fan bases in the eyes of millions of fans globally provide them?

I am betting no.

quicksilver's relationship to his father magneto defined him for many years.

marvel now has an opportunity to restore this rather than the hastily retconned high evolutionary connection (a man which quicksilver is barely connected to at all)

Their current version is designed that Magneto can be their dad again. Other than that keep the current stuff, their powers are mystical in nature and their mum is natalia Maximoff, the previous Scarlet Witch and they come froma long line of Mystical Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The family was one of their sales draws for crossover stories to line wide events.

And, had a not insignificant animated presence before relations went to **** between Fox and Marvel/Disney.

With the rational for the retcon gone will Marvel continue to deny itself easy money that several large intertwined fan bases in the eyes of millions of fans globally provide them?

I am betting no.

Polaris is just thrown into those images. People do not care if she is related to the twins. Even the twins do not care.

Also one huge problem with the opening thread, the High Evolutionary is NOT Wanda and Pietro's dad, currently it is unknown. The only thing we know about him is that he killed thier mother Natalia Maximoff

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    quicksilver's relationship to his father magneto defined him for many years.

marvel now has an opportunity to restore this rather than the hastily retconned high evolutionary connection (a man which quicksilver is barely connected to at all)
    Bova and the High Evolutionary held them in suspended animation as infants for two decades. That's not "barely connected."

Personally, I hope this egregious retcon gets retconned. I think Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch are better characters when they're part of Magneto's family. I really feel like they've lost something since that retcon. The family dynamics among them were great and I miss that. I hope that with the Fox/Disney deal, they'll go back to being part of Magneto's family.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

and despite being avengers, being brotherhood first has always been consistent with the maximoffs. this gave them a unique perspective on being super-heroes and avengers through decades of stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Bova and the High Evolutionary held them in suspended animation as infants for two decades. That's not "barely connected."
    quicksilver has more of a relationship to the talking cow than he does this "high evolutionary" who he never really saw or cared about anyway