Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
I just read #1. Liked it, but hated the way the Avengers thought of him. That's new.
Its not entirely new. Dane's last solo book had a roster of Avengers hunting him down to Weirdworld because they thought he was insane and dangerous and needed to be locked up. By the end of the run he parted on much better terms with them--but the seeds were planted there for the Avengers to not have full confidence in him anymore.

In this case, the main reason they find him annoying and unreliable now is because of this new false persona he acts out--and Dane himself commented in the issue that he hates that version of himself too. If his act annoys himself, we can hardly be surprised if it annoys his colleagues too.

Cap at least still seemed to have some respect for Dane, even while acknowledging that he is now somewhat awkward to deal with. I'm okay with Carol and even T'Challa having a bit less tolerance for Dane's act, since those two have less experience with Dane when he was more in control. Neither of them served with Dane during his stints as an active Avenger. If we were seeing Avengers like She-Hulk, Wasp and Spectrum acting that way towards him, I'd be more concerned.

Thor was the one who really annoyed me. He DID serve with Dane as an active Avenger, and they were friends. Thor stood by Dane during one of his previous experiences when the Blood Curse was taking him over, and given Thor's own experiences with mental health problems I would think he would be a bit more understanding and show a bit more loyalty to a man he called his friend. Thor did show a bit more compassion at one point when he was talking to Carol about Dane's issues...but I was still disappointed in his behaviour towards Dane directly.