Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Scott and Cassie Lang have briefly adventured together, but otherwise, generally not a lot of father/daughter partnerships out there. (Reed, Sue and both their kids, but that's a whole different dynamic.)
    I know, right?! The only other heroic father/daughter team I could remember would be...

Rachel & Scott Summers

As for others, they were of the non-heroic type...

Count Dracula & Lilith

Count Nefaria & Madame Masque

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-31-2021 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Scott and Cassie Lang have briefly adventured together, but otherwise, generally not a lot of father/daughter partnerships out there. (Reed, Sue and both their kids, but that's a whole different dynamic.)
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! The only other heroic father/daughter team I could remember would be...

Rachel & Scott Summers

As for others, they were of the non-heroic type...

Count Dracula & Lilith

Count Nefaria & Madame Masque

Thanks. Dane and Jacks should be interesting!

Ultimate Member

Just remembered Shaman & Talisman, from Alpha Flight, or Puck and his daughter (who never really 'adventured together,' that I remember), but yeah, still not exactly a ton of them.

Even less mother & son pairings, I imagine.

Even less mother & son pairings, I imagine.
    And again, the only mother/son teams that I can remember would be...

Cable/Madelyne Pryor

Cable/Phoenix

Mighty Member

I mentioned once, rather harshly, that Marvel doesn't really tackle mental illness very well, but I think Spurrier did an excellent job here (which is not surprising because Legion was excellent). This is actually the kind of story I really wished for Hank Pym and Nadia, but I think Spurrier makes it work wonderfully here. I just wonder how many readers out there will come away from the "I don't know why I'm this angry" thing as if it is deus ex when really it can be rather true to life. I think about Frank Tieri's Black Knight where I love the ideas, the setting, the art, but by the time it was over it felt somewhat imbalanced to me. It's been so long I couldn't say why. Si's wasn't nearly as grandiose in concept and didn't seem like it was as big of a push as Tieri's but because Dane comes off as more likeable and genuine here, and it nails its themes, I think it hits better.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I mentioned once, rather harshly, that Marvel doesn't really tackle mental illness very well, but I think Spurrier did an excellent job here (which is not surprising because Legion was excellent). This is actually the kind of story I really wished for Hank Pym and Nadia, but I think Spurrier makes it work wonderfully here. I just wonder how many readers out there will come away from the "I don't know why I'm this angry" thing as if it is deus ex when really it can be rather true to life. I think about Frank Tieri's Black Knight where I love the ideas, the setting, the art, but by the time it was over it felt somewhat imbalanced to me. It's been so long I couldn't say why. Si's wasn't nearly as grandiose in concept and didn't seem like it was as big of a push as Tieri's but because Dane comes off as more likeable and genuine here, and it nails its themes, I think it hits better.
    I think Tieri's ideas really were based on what he did way back on his New Excalibur run. Marvel always felt that the Black Knight couldn't really jell because he was a medieval character in the modern world. That's why they came up with setting that series in Weirdworld, which unfortunately, didn't catch on. I thought it was a good idea since Game of Thrones was so popular at the time. Tieri went with more of an addiction theme.

I liked what Spurrier did and I am anxious to see how he goes forward with the personal father/daughter relationship and how it is going to fit in the Marvel comic universe hero wise.

In allot of reviews of issue #5, Spurrier's view on Brexit is mentioned as being somehow portrayed in the book. Can someone enlighten me on what this is about? Although I try to keep up with world events, I didn't "get" it. Thanks