Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Default Black Knight by Si Spurrier !!!SPOILERS!!!

This King in Black one shot, which I'm guessing is a prologue / introduction to Spurrier's upcoming Black Knight mini-series, came out today and I LOVED it! I'm getting the same feeling I had when I read Spurrier's LEGION book for Marvel, but even moreso, probably because of the art, i.e. something special was happening. I had little enthusiasm or knowledge of David Haller, but Spurrier made me care for that character and built a wonderful world and cast around him. Clearly, he's doing the same with Dane Whitman. And with a sense of humor, that made me LOL several times, and yet, with a firm grasp on the emotional core. Dane confronts his flaws without being mopey ... though he is a bit ... extreme and bloodthirsty.

Spurrier also made Aero and Swordmaster far more interesting, to me, than all their previous appearances combined.

And the art! OMG. The art is gorgeous! I wish Saiz was doing the art for the mini-series, but if not, I hope he's on a future Marvel book I want to read. He really delivered on the humor AND the characterization Spurrier provided. They made for a great creative team.

I highly recommend folks pick this book up and I can't wait for the mini-series! You don't need to read the King in Black event to enjoy this book. It provides a villain and perhaps a connection to the Ebony Blade.

All that said, I'm not a die hard Black Knight fan, so I'm wondering what his fans thought about this book?
    Last edited by Reviresco; 02-04-2021 at 01:07 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?