Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    What annoys me the most is that it's Thor, of all people, who despises Dan the most.
    Thor who joined Hydra.
    Thor who had more than once warrior madness.
    Thor who witnessed Dane risking his life for Asgard.
    In agreement with you, especially that last part. Thor #400 is a definite classic (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, this goes with the damn thinking of writers these days, that characters in comics only seem to give the same amount of respect to characters that they have in mainstream media.

Thor ought to hold Dane in high regard for his help in dealing with Set, especially given how instrumental he was (even if he was a prop at the end of it)
    LOL! Thou speaketh the truth

I always loved that it was not Thor or Odin, but Hogun who delivered the final blow with one of the best fastball specials ever.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Spectacular Member

I've a sneaking suspicion that Dane's status with the other heroes and his own lack of self-confidence will be resolved or at least improved by the end of this series.
    Spurrier has said in interviews (and set up in this issue) that the position Dane is in with regards the Blade and its effect on him is unhealthy unsustainable - that feels like the 'problem' set up to be be resolved by this mini's plot.

My guess, given the mental health theme that seems to underpin this story, is that Dane will find a way to usefully channel his negative emotions through the Blade in a more therapeutic fashion, allowing him to function better

Further to Mr Jinjin's comments, I also heard there are plans for Camelot to play a bigger part in the MU, regardless of whether this becomes an ongoing or not (Spurrier mentions it in a recent podcast interview). So I also expect that BK will earn back the respect of his colleagues through that story too.
    I'm on Twitter! @alex_jamieson

I suggest reading Mystic Arcana: Black Knight as it ties in with this series.

Sersi's last kiss.

Any sales figures known yet?

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! Thou speaketh the truth

I never saw this before. Is this how BK came out of his spell? I never saw how that happened.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I never saw this before. Is this how BK came out of his spell? I never saw how that happened.
    No, Dane was freed from the curse during a BLACK KNIGHT miniseries in 1990. His occasional love interest Victoria Bentley used her magical abilities to summon the ghost of Sir Percy to try and find a way to restore Dane to flesh and blood. It leads into an adventure with them trying to stop a scheme of Morgan Le Fey and Mordred. Throughout the mini Sir Percy is controlling Dane's body much of the time (although Dane is himself off and on during the story, until he is finally restored completely at the end), and they end up teaming up with various allies along the way including Captain Britain, Dr. Strange and the Valkyrie. This is also where Dane first meets Sean Dolan, who becomes his squire--and years later is taken over by the Ebony Blade's curse himself and becomes the villain Bloodwraith.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    No, Dane was freed from the curse during a BLACK KNIGHT miniseries in 1990. His occasional love interest Victoria Bentley used her magical abilities to summon the ghost of Sir Percy to try and find a way to restore Dane to flesh and blood. It leads into an adventure with them trying to stop a scheme of Morgan Le Fey and Mordred. Throughout the mini Sir Percy is controlling Dane's body much of the time (although Dane is himself off and on during the story, until he is finally restored completely at the end), and they end up teaming up with various allies along the way including Captain Britain, Dr. Strange and the Valkyrie. This is also where Dane first meets Sean Dolan, who becomes his squire--and years later is taken over by the Ebony Blade's curse himself and becomes the villain Bloodwraith.
    Oh....

Thanks, Dermie!

That was some long curse Enchantress put on BK! It lasted some 17 years before the story you mention.

I know Dr Strange even with the Evil Eye could not restore Dane. Was it the Magics of Morgan Le Fay and Mordred that undid the curse or something else?

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Oh....

Thanks, Dermie!

That was some long curse Enchantress put on BK! It lasted some 17 years before the story you mention.

I know Dr Strange even with the Evil Eye could not restore Dane. Was it the Magics of Morgan Le Fay and Mordred that undid the curse or something else?
    I believe the curse is cancelled, as long as Sir Percy resides within the Ebony Blade (616):

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-13-2021 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Astonishing Member

Oh....

Thanks, Dermie!

Ah, you're referring to a different time Dane was turned into a statue for an extended period. Yes, believe it or not that happened to him more than once. lol. You're talking about when Enchantress turned him into a stone statue. I was talking about when the Ebony Blade's curse turned him into a metal statue.

You're right that his stone statue days lasted a long time too. That got resolved in the early 80s, right before the start of Roger Stern's AVENGERS run. Issue #225-226.

I can't recall the specifics for that one off the top of my head. I know Dane's mind had travelled back in time to the body of his ancestor while his body in the present day was stone. The AVENGERS story had Dr. Druid bring the Avengers back through time to help Dane with some evil in the past--and the story ends with him finally restored to flesh and blood in the present, but I don't recall the details at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Ah, you're referring to a different time Dane was turned into a statue for an extended period. Yes, believe it or not that happened to him more than once. lol. You're talking about when Enchantress turned him into a stone statue. I was talking about when the Ebony Blade's curse turned him into a metal statue.

You're right that his stone statue days lasted a long time too. That got resolved in the early 80s, right before the start of Roger Stern's AVENGERS run. Issue #225-226.

I can't recall the specifics for that one off the top of my head. I know Dane's mind had travelled back in time to the body of his ancestor while his body in the present day was stone. The AVENGERS story had Dr. Druid bring the Avengers back through time to help Dane with some evil in the past--and the story ends with him finally restored to flesh and blood in the present, but I don't recall the details at the moment.
    The fallen Amergin instructs the Black Knight to locate the Evil Eye, while he casts one last spell of restoration...

After using the Evil Eye to seal the gateway to Earth, the Black Knight seemingly perishes.
    But then materializes in the 20th century in his fully-restored, original body. Amergin's final gift...
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-14-2021 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Actually, in the period where Dane was supposedly still a stone statue, Dane had his own strip in Marvel UK's Hulk Comic, where he met Brian Braddock and journeyed to Otherworld. I don't think Marvel US properly worked out how these things fitted together, though in the comic above they did use the armour from the Marvel UK strip.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    The fallen Amergin instructs the Black Knight to locate the Evil Eye, while he casts one last spell of restoration...

After using the Evil Eye to seal the gateway to Earth, the Black Knight seemingly perishes.
    But then materializes in the 20th century in his fully-restored, original body. Amergin's final gift...
    Thank you for these pics my friend! I always wondered how Dane was restored!