Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thank you for these pics my friend! I always wondered how Dane was restored!
    You're welcome, Phoenixx9. Glad to be of help

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    You're welcome, Phoenixx9. Glad to be of help

Great Pic indeed!

The Enchantress is really powerful compared to other magic users as this dread spell showed. Even the Evil Eye alone was not enough to reverse it. It took the Eye, a powerful sorcerer and then some more magicks to make the change.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Spectacular Member

Really enjoyed this week's issue.

I'm a big fan of mixing darkness and humour, and the series is definitely delivering that.
    Two particular gags I enjoyed were 'I'm shattered' and the very self-aware 'It's always bloody [redacted for spoilers]'

I continue to enjoy Spurrier's characterisation of Dane, which I know hasn't worked for everybody but really does for me - I like a Dane that is quippy and grumpy and masking something deeper.

Mr Jinjin was definitely right to suggest reading Mystic Arcana: Black Knight. Marvel should probably think about including it in the collected edition of this series.

A question - where is Garrett Castle, these days? I thought it had been moved to the US, but Jacks seems to live and study in London and pops in.
    I'm on Twitter! @alex_jamieson

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Jamieson View Post

I'm a big fan of mixing darkness and humour, and the series is definitely delivering that.
    Two particular gags I enjoyed were 'I'm shattered' and the very self-aware 'It's always bloody [redacted for spoilers]'

I continue to enjoy Spurrier's characterisation of Dane, which I know hasn't worked for everybody but really does for me - I like a Dane that is quippy and grumpy and masking something deeper.

Mr Jinjin was definitely right to suggest reading Mystic Arcana: Black Knight. Marvel should probably think about including it in the collected edition of this series.

A question - where is Garrett Castle, these days? I thought it had been moved to the US, but Jacks seems to live and study in London and pops in.
    I agree with you, this new series is off to a great start.

I thought Garrett Castle had been moved to the US as well. Either that or there are now two Garrett Castles. Most likely this is an oversight by marvel editorial.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    I agree with you, this new series is off to a great start.

I thought Garrett Castle had been moved to the US as well. Either that or there are now two Garrett Castles. Most likely this is an oversight by marvel editorial.
    I did some digging, and it looks like current continuity is there ARE two Garrett Castles. One in Stroud in the UK and one in Washington DC.
    The wiki I read (https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Garrett_Castle ) says the US Garrett Castle WAS relocated from the UK, but it was NOT the original Garrett Castle, which remains in situ. This was another castle that was moved by a billionaire who died, which was then bought by Nathan Garrett and renamed/refitted.

Still doesn't quite explain which one Dane is at in this issue, but I thought it'd be useful to share!

Thanks Alex. It should be included. I'm still waiting for issue #2 to arrive. The July 2021 solicitations came out today. I wonder what the Ebony Crown does?

BLACK KNIGHT: CURSE OF THE EBONY BLADE #5 (OF 5)
    SI SPURRIER (W) • Sergio Dávila (A)
    Cover by IBAN COELLO
    Legend of the Black Knight
    Variant Cover by STEPHANIE HANS
    THE EBONY CROWN!
    • The BLACK KNIGHT’s ancient enemy has forged the EBONY CROWN — a weapon with the magical might to dwarf even the EBONY BLADE.
    • The end is within reach. No more suffering. No more pain. All Dane has to do…is let go.
    • But he can’t give in to the darkness. Not if there’s any chance of ending the blood feud started in Camelot long ago.
    • Dane must fight. One last desperate battle. But he might not be the world’s last hope. There is another.
    • Her name is JACKS, she’s @#$% off, and she will change the BLACK KNIGHT FOREVER.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Ooooh, The Ebony Crown! I wonder what that does? Of what was it made?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Yeah this quickly becoming one of my favorite series which I definitely didn't expect. Really hoping sales hold up and that we can potentially get an ongoing from Spurrier & crew.

Spectacular Member

Issue two currently at #21 on the Comixology.co.uk sales chart. Don't know how that will be reflected across other territories/in hard copies - but hopefully good

(it charts higher of you remove the sale items from the chart)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Ooooh, The Ebony Crown! I wonder what that does?
    Mind Control! (Swords are for stabbing. Shields are for defending. Crowns are for ruling!)

Reminds me of a character I had in an superhero RPG, Regalia, who had a crown, sceptre and orb, with different powers, based on the 'regalia' of Great Britain.

Issue two currently at #21 on the Comixology.co.uk sales chart. Don't know how that will be reflected across other territories/in hard copies - but hopefully good

(it charts higher of you remove the sale items from the chart)
    I hope so! I really enjoyed issue #2. I am wondering what Dane's connection to Jacks is and how it is going to end up. I should have guessed who the hooded figure was but didn't. The line about Camelot being "borne on Celestial engines" could lead into the Eternals maybe?

I just read issue 2 and I'm wondering if I'm supposed to recognize any of the heroes of Camelot mentioned in this issue. Obviously Mordred and Bedwyr (I assume it's Bedevere) are from Aurthurian legend, but I don't recognize the others.

Also, I keep hoping that Jacks will turn out to be the Black Knight from the Young Masters. From what I recall we knew absolutely nothing about her.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    I just read issue 2 and I'm wondering if I'm supposed to recognize any of the heroes of Camelot mentioned in this issue. Obviously Mordred and Bedwyr (I assume it's Bedevere) are from Aurthurian legend, but I don't recognize the others.

Also, I keep hoping that Jacks will turn out to be the Black Knight from the Young Masters. From what I recall we knew absolutely nothing about her.
    My understanding is these are all new characters, and that this is their introduction.
    Spurrier is redefining Marvel Camelot - and I heard on a podcast interview with him that there is more to come from this version, regardless of the sales of this mini

Spectacular Member

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Knigh...9609433&sr=8-6

Curse of the Ebony Blade collection listed on Amazon for a Sept date - judging by the page count, it will just be the 5 issues of the series, so no Mystic Arcana issue and (more strangely) no King in Black issue. I know that is being collected elsewhere, but it seems strange to not include that issue here, given it was basically a pilot for this series.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Knigh...9609433&sr=8-6

Curse of the Ebony Blade collection listed on Amazon for a Sept date - judging by the page count, it will just be the 5 issues of the series, so no Mystic Arcana issue and (more strangely) no King in Black issue. I know that is being collected elsewhere, but it seems strange to not include that issue here, given it was basically a pilot for this series.
    That sucks but I will probably get it anyway. I still wish I knew how it was selling.