Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    I just read issue 2 and I'm wondering if I'm supposed to recognize any of the heroes of Camelot mentioned in this issue. Obviously Mordred and Bedwyr (I assume it's Bedevere) are from Aurthurian legend, but I don't recognize the others.

Also, I keep hoping that Jacks will turn out to be the Black Knight from the Young Masters. From what I recall we knew absolutely nothing about her.
    I'd forgotten about her. That would be cool!

I don't have the comic in front of me, so I don't remember all the names, but I vaguely remember some being Celtic / Welsh heroes, like Gwalchmai.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Really enjoyed issue #3 and this whole series so far. I'm definitely hoping this leads to an ongoing from this creative team.

Amazing Member

Can someone tell me who Ashima is? and where they appeared before? or are they a new character?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamGroot View Post
    Can someone tell me who Ashima is? and where they appeared before? or are they a new character?
    A new character I believe - I don’t remember reading any reference to her before issue 1. Seems to be tied to some unreveales, formative trauma of Dane’s.
    I'm on Twitter! @alex_jamieson

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Really enjoyed issue #3 and this whole series so far. I'm definitely hoping this leads to an ongoing from this creative team.
    Me too! Fingers crossed. One thing, I kinda feel sorry for Dane's horses.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Is that Ashima or Ashema?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinjin View Post
    Me too! Fingers crossed. One thing, I kinda feel sorry for Dane's horses.
    I feel sorry for them too... not just that they keep dying, but that they are distressed at having wings.
    My one criticism of Spurrier’s take so far would be making Dane indifferent to their suffering - hard to see him as a good person.
    I'm on Twitter! @alex_jamieson

My guess is she is a former lover of Dane's, and it will turn out is the mother of Jacks. Making Dane her father.

My only real complaint about this issue is it continues with the idea that Elsa knew her father. Don't get me wrong, I much prefer this personality to how she was in me mini when she was introduced... but she didn't know anything about Ulysses until she was a teen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Jamieson View Post
    I feel sorry for them too... not just that they keep dying, but that they are distressed at having wings.
    My one criticism of Spurrier’s take so far would be making Dane indifferent to their suffering - hard to see him as a good person.
    Great point. Maybe we will see the Atomic Steed soon.

My guess is she is a former lover of Dane's, and it will turn out is the mother of Jacks. Making Dane her father.
    Hmm..I didn't think of that!

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinjin View Post
    Great point. Maybe we will see the Atomic Steed soon.
    OMG! Total nostalgia rush! Good times, bro!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! Total nostalgia rush! Good times, bro!

Yeah...the Atomic Steed would be much cooler.

Astonishing Member

An interesting idea, but that seems unlikely unless time travel was involved or unless Dane was really young at the time. Jacks is a university student, and Dane shouldn't be any more than mid-thirties at the most.

My only real complaint about this issue is it continues with the idea that Elsa knew her father. Don't get me wrong, I much prefer this personality to how she was in me mini when she was introduced... but she didn't know anything about Ulysses until she was a teen.
    I think Elsa's backstory with her father has been retconned since then. She's also had a brother introduced along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I think Elsa's backstory with her father has been retconned since then. She's also had a brother introduced along the way.
    Yeah, since Nextwave Elsa's story was retconned. Practically all the writers that write Elsa use the Nextwave retcon.

Spectacular Member

An interesting idea, but that seems unlikely unless time travel was involved or unless Dane was really young at the time. Jacks is a university student, and Dane shouldn't be any more than mid-thirties at the most.
    Seems OBVIOUS to me that Dane is Jacks father - given Ashima's skin tone and Jack's skin tone, the fact that she never knew her father and her mother died when she was young, and the fact that Jacks is the one having all of these Arthurian-related dreams AND the fact that Dane impulsively spoke about taking care of her and giving her a job, which as she said was weird.

See, I see Dane as older than mid-thirties. I see him as late 30s, even early 40s. If he had a girlfriend in his early 20s who he impregnated, and then she up and left him without a word, likely for something stupid he did, and then later died, I could see why he's devastated. Dane has made a lot of mistakes it appears throughout his life. Jacks would be a great "second-generation" Black Knight and bring some calming, rational common sense to Dane's "needy" life as well. I love this idea (I was hoping they weren't going to make a girl so much younger some type of love interest, and I was right - they are going to make her his daughter!).

Your first point is canceled out by your second. Yeah, she is too old to be Black Knight's kid... but thats never stopped Marvel before. They can just handwoven it away... like they seem to have done with Elsa's origin. I have no problem with Elsa having been raised by Ulysses, but I'd like an explanation about why she didn't seem to have met him or know anything about him in her intro.