Default Amadeus Cho vs Rick Jones

Amadeus Cho vs Rick Jones, composite versions of both characters, in the Khazan Arena. No Destiny Force for Rick Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Amadeus Cho vs Rick Jones, composite versions of both characters, in the Khazan Arena. No Destiny Force for Rick Jones.
    Composite Rick also includes sharing a body with Genis-Vell, so... that might not go so well for Cho.

Composite Amadeus Cho:

brilliant intellect with particular knack for pattern recognition
    Hulk-like superhuman strength and invulnerability
    full Greek god status as the Prince of Power, plus the energy-channeling Golden Mace of Hercules
    the Calvin suit, which grants flight, augmented strength, and a force field
    the Iron Spider suit, which has armor, 3 extendable mechanical arms, limited self-repair, and a built-in first aid kit

Composite Rick Jones, without the Destiny Force:

Trained in HTH by Captain America
    Partial Captain Marvel power set (Mar-vell) from wearing one Nega Band (a pair of Nega Bands allows interstellar flight, energy absorption and manipulation, increased strength, limited invulnerability, and survival in vacuum of space)
    Superhuman strength and invulnerability as the A-Bomb (similar to Abomination)
    Superhuman strength and invulnerabilty as the Hulk (as depicted in What If?)
    "comics awareness," a 4th wall-breaking knowledge of comic book tropes and cliches

Would switching bodies with Genis-Vell be considered a ringout?

I wondered the same about the ring-out, but there were times when he was still ‘present’ and even arguably in control of Genis’ body, so it’s a fuzzy line.

It would switch out his form with all the other powers mind you, even if not a ring out, even if he was in control of the Genis-Vell body.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    It would switch out his form with all the other powers mind you, even if not a ring out, even if he was in control of the Genis-Vell body.
    Ah, but if it was a composite... and it is here... would it be Genis’ body with Hulk’s strength & regen (plus his training as Bucky)?

(And to clarify, he wasn’t just a What If? Hulk. He was actually a Hulk early in Peter David’s original run.)

I mean the composite in this case is kind of an exercise in rule-noodling.

Would composite Mesmero get the powers of everybody that he has mind-controlled?

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Would composite Mesmero get the powers of everybody that he has mind-controlled?
    Fair point.

So it’s a comically-aware A-Bomb/Hulk combo with Cap training vs a genius with similar powers but who also has a forcefield and most critically can fly and has the mace.

Yeah, I’m leaning toward Cho then.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Fair point.

So it’s a comically-aware A-Bomb/Hulk combo with Cap training vs a genius with similar powers but who also has a forcefield and most critically can fly and has the mace.

Yeah, I’m leaning toward Cho then.
    Rick can also fly. I don't remember much from his time of partial Captain Marvel from wearing one nega band, but I found this link to Captain Marvel #42 where he flies. Oddly, I'm pretty sure that he had just one power while wearing both Nega Bands, which was the ability to switch places with Captain Marvel, leaving one of them floating in the Negative Zone at any given time.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/TbOBIFAH4e...yJKJVoxYJ6I=s0
    Last edited by Shellhead; 02-04-2021 at 03:24 PM. Reason: link