• Rex the Wonder Dog

6 7.41%
  • Robotman (Dr. Robert Crane)

9 11.11%
  • The Vigilante (Greg Sanders)

5 6.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default If you created a new version of the original "Justice League", . . .

Just for the heck of it, let's pretend there was yet another "Crisis" which went and altered DC's past.
    In this new reality, seven heroes formed the "original" Justice League of America.

Basing it primarily on previous versions for the "original" founders, which seven would you choose from the following list:
    * Aquaman (Arthur Curry)
    * Batman (Bruce Wayne)
    * The Flash (Barry Allen)
    * Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
    * Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onzz)
    * Superman (Clark Kent)
    * Wonder Woman (Diana Prince)
    * Green Arrow (Oliver Queen) - 1st new member to join
    * Black Canary (Dinah Laurel Lance) - initially replaced Wonder Woman in post-CoIE continuity
    * Triumph (William MacIntyre) < Justice League America #92 (September 1994) / Zero Hour >
    * Cyborg (Victor Stone) - founding member instead of Martian Manhunter in New52 continuity
    * Plastic Man ("Eel" O'Brien) - see Justice League of America #144 (1977)
    * Rex the Wonder Dog - see Justice League of America #144 (1977)
    * Robotman (Dr. Robert Crane) - see Justice League of America #144 (1977)
    * The Vigilante (Greg Sanders) - see Justice League of America #144 (1977)

As mentioned above, there were the original "original" seven members; then Green Arrow was the first new member to join the original Justice League of America; after CoIE, when Wonder Woman hadn't yet left Paradise Island when the JLoA was originally founded, Black Canary was retconned into her place; for Zero Hour, Triumph was added as an original member who was later forgotten; and for the New52, Cyborg took the place of Martian Manhunter as a "founding member".
    As for the other choices I listed, those heroes were among those present in Steve Englehart's 1977 story "The Origin of the Justice League-- Minus One!".

let's see: I picked Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Cyborg, Plastic Man and Green Arrow.

I'm more comfortable with Plastic Man being the main comic relief guy. Cyborg can help out with telecommunications. I'd make Plastic Man younger. Not as old as Diana but not in his 20s either.

BANNED

Why is John Stewart not the poll, lol

Guess it's a Xanatos Gambit

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 02-04-2021 at 03:30 PM.

The first seven lol: Aqua, Bat, Flash, Lantern, Martian, Super, and Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Why is John Stewart not the poll, lol
    I'm not aware of him ever being portrayed as a founding member of the "original" Justice League in the regular-continuity comic books.

Hell, first time I remember John Stewart being involved in a Justice League of America story was back in 1973, when Hal Jordan slipped and fell when getting out of the shower and was rendered unconscious.

I would include Mera

Well, I hate the concept of the Big 7 and seeing them and only them as League members usually makes me cringe...it's just a crutch for a lack of originality. And a few of them were bland as hell. So based on the characters listed, I'm going for a bizarre line-up that would actually infuse some personality to the book:

1. Aquaman
    2. Batman
    3. Wonder Woman
    4. Black Canary
    5. Plastic Man
    6. Robotman
    7. Vigilante

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I would include Mera
    Remember, I was basing this on already existing stories. Yes, there are many more people I could have included, but I tried to use what I had seen before in the previously published comic book stories.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

If I had base it off of this list...

Batman
    Superman
    Wonder Woman
    Aquaman
    The Flash
    Black Canary
    Green Lantern

Not only do I think they should have at least 2 females present, having two "street fighters" amongst these uber powerful people makes it a tiny bit more even. Of course Dinah is a meta but she's the next step up from Batman and doesnt have godly powers.

Retired

The reason the seven became the Justice League is because they were the only super-heroes still being published at that time. Green Arrow was the other one and if you consider Adam Strange a super-hero then him, too. I suppose there's Congorilla also. Most of the other heroes that Steve Englehart included in 144 were already defunct by 1959 when the Justice League first came together. If they looked outside the costumed super-hero set, then they could have included Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Blackhawk, Bob Hope, Jerry Lewis, Pat Boone, the Challengers of the Unknown, Sugar & Spike--as they all had their own titles on the comic book racks when THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD 28 came out. Green Lantern hadn't even won his own title yet, so he was a bit previous to be getting a membership card.

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Flash
    Green Lantern
    Aquaman
    Black Canary

The others could join at some later date.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

The classic six plus either Zatanna or Black Canary.

I went with the classic 7 except Rex the Wonder Dog replacing Batman. He makes more sense in the League than lone vigilante urban myth Batman does. And it's Rex, the other 6 are essentially his sidekicks.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

1.Superman
    2.Wonder Woman
    3.Flash(Wally West)
    4.Ms. Martian
    5.Green Lantern(John Stewart)
    6. Aquawoman(Mera)
    7.Cyborg

8.Batman(Shadow member)

I had to break the op rules a little but this what I would like to see. The big move is obviously they are 8 and not 7 but the thought process on that is Batman is a founder but obviously not the type to like the spotlight. So the league agrees to let him work from the Shadows where he is at the best. He is a failsafe if the league goes out of control or something was to happen to the league.

The league doesn't have enough women so I swap out Aquaman and MM for the female characters. Lastly, I was trying to have people have a role as an expert Wonder Woman(magic) Flash(science) Green Lantern(space) Aquawoman(Nature) Ms. Martian( Psychic Warfare) Cyborg (tech).

Astonishing Member

Mine is basically the actual original 7, with Green Arrow and Black Canary swapping out Superman and Batman.

I really wish this poll had taken into account the DCAU and let John Stewart and Hawkgirl be on the poll, since the DCAU is one of the most significant retellings of the Justice League's origins over the last couple of decades.