• Rex the Wonder Dog

6 7.41%
  • Robotman (Dr. Robert Crane)

9 11.11%
  • The Vigilante (Greg Sanders)

5 6.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Rex the Wonder Dog, Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter , Aquaman, Vigalante

I'd like to see Rex as leader of the team. Wonder Woman and Black Canary as adults, and Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter , Aquaman, Vigilante in younger form as teenage sidekicks.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You didn't knock hard enough.
    Two votes for Triumph!? I can only blame myself for jynxing it.

Actually, with a name like "Justice League", I'd actually want the more street-level characters dealing with crime and such....

Now, people like Aquaman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Superman, and Wonder Woman could be on a BIG HITTERS team with a different name, like "Super Force" or something.
    How about The Super-Friends?

Actually though, I do have a similarly themed idea for a deliberately low-level Justice Society or Justice League, with a more traditional line-up, but where everyone is kind of based on "folk memories" or unique interpretations of their earliest versions in a noir setting, so you'd have a Herculean New Deal leftist Superman, a kink-friendly feminist utopian Wonder Woman, a sort of gentleman adventurer Batman, a human Aquaman raised by someone like Captain Nemo, etc. Kind of the "Sandman Mystery Theatre" of Justice Societies.
    Last edited by Adekis; 02-10-2021 at 12:48 AM.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

With 50 people having voted so far, the top seven appear to be
    * Wonder Woman (Diana Prince) = 45 votes
    * Aquaman (Arthur Curry) = 41 votes
    * The Flash (Barry Allen) = 41 votes
    * Superman (Clark Kent) = 41 votes
    * Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) = 38 votes
    * Batman (Bruce Wayne) = 36 votes
    * Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onzz) = 32 votes

Black Canary (Dinah Laurel Lance) has 28 votes; next highest is Green Arrow (Oliver Queen) with 13 votes. All other options currently have fewer than 10 votes (though Plastic Man has 9 votes and Robotman has 8).

NOTE: Stumbled across this old thread / poll (originally created back in February of 2021) and thought it might be worth bumping up and reviving.
    Just for the heck of it, let's pretend there was yet another "Crisis" which went and altered DC's past.
    In this new reality, seven heroes formed the "original" Justice League of America.

Basing it primarily on previous versions for the "original" founders, which seven would you choose from the following list:
    * Aquaman (Arthur Curry)
    * Batman (Bruce Wayne)
    * The Flash (Barry Allen)
    * Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
    * Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onzz)
    * Superman (Clark Kent)
    * Wonder Woman (Diana Prince)
    * Green Arrow (Oliver Queen) - 1st new member to join
    * Black Canary (Dinah Laurel Lance) - initially replaced Wonder Woman in post-CoIE continuity
    * Triumph (William MacIntyre) < Justice League America #92 (September 1994) / Zero Hour >
    * Cyborg (Victor Stone) - founding member instead of Martian Manhunter in New52 continuity
    * Plastic Man ("Eel" O'Brien) - see Justice League of America #144 (1977)
    * Rex the Wonder Dog - see Justice League of America #144 (1977)
    * Robotman (Dr. Robert Crane) - see Justice League of America #144 (1977)
    * The Vigilante (Greg Sanders) - see Justice League of America #144 (1977)

------------------------------------------------
    With 53 people having voted so far, the top seven appear to be
    * Wonder Woman (Diana Prince) = 48 votes
    * Aquaman (Arthur Curry) = 44 votes
    * The Flash (Barry Allen) = 44 votes
    * Superman (Clark Kent) = 43 votes
    * Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) = 39 votes
    * Batman (Bruce Wayne) = 38 votes
    * Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onzz) = 33 votes

Black Canary (Dinah Laurel Lance) has 31 votes; next highest is Green Arrow (Oliver Queen) with 15 votes. All other options still have fewer than 10 votes (though Plastic Man has 9 votes and Robotman has 8).

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Wonder Woman
    Green Arrow
    Black Canary
    Aquaman
    Martian Manhunter
    Robotman
    Rex

^^^HA!
    I totally forgot about this lineup!

With 53 people having voted so far, the top seven appear to be
    * Wonder Woman (Diana Prince) = 48 votes
    * Aquaman (Arthur Curry) = 44 votes
    * The Flash (Barry Allen) = 44 votes
    * Superman (Clark Kent) = 43 votes
    * Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) = 39 votes
    * Batman (Bruce Wayne) = 38 votes
    * Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onzz) = 33 votes
    Gee, the original seven. Guess people actually like that lineup. (well, these 53 people anyway...)

Based on the "OG" line up from the 'Brave and the Bold #28':

Kyle Rayner/Green Lantern (leader)

Donna Troy (muscle)

Tempest (magic user)

Miss Martian (telepath, spy)

Flash/Wally West (speedster)

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I'm not really big on top-tier characters being on a team book. It doesn't really make sense to me. With that, I voted Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, Green Arrow, and Plastic Man (although I'd substitute the latter with Elongated Man).

I misunderstood the question.

Anyway, imagine this is set in the pre Nu52 continuity. WW is now a founding member and back in the past. Black Canary originally substituted for her but now you can have both.

Since the reason why the JL got together is always in a flux you could just claim that different heroes worked together, sometimes in smaller groups before officially forming the League.

Lets say Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Atom/Ray Palmer, Green Arrow and Martian Manhunter work together one time but they didn't stick around as a team. Then Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, Flash/Barry Allen and Aquaman brand themselves as the Justice League and start working together as in JLA: Year One. At some point, WW starts teaming up with the League and they start working together. There are smaller heroes like Amazing Man, Elongated Man and Vixen working as well. Then an event happens, like say, a White Martian invasion happens that forces these scattered heroes to work together.

The Trinity realizes the importance of keeping the group going but not everyone stays. So the line up is Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash/Barry Allen, Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, Black Canary/Dinah Laurel Lance and for the seventh member I would go with Amazing Man/Will Everett III.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

1. Diana Prince / Wonder Woman
    2. Green Lantern / Hal Jordan
    3. Barry Allen / The Flash
    4. J'onn J'onnz / Martian Manhunter
    5. Dinah Lance / Black Canary
    6. Ray Palmer / The Atom
    7. Zatanna
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I misunderstood the question.
    I think you might still not be clear on the question.
    Just for the heck of it, let's pretend there was yet another "Crisis" which went and altered DC's past.
    In this new reality, seven heroes formed the "original" Justice League of America.

Basing it primarily on previous versions for the "original" founders, which seven would you choose from the following list:
    * Aquaman (Arthur Curry)
    * Batman (Bruce Wayne)
    * The Flash (Barry Allen)
    * Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
    * Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onzz)
    * Superman (Clark Kent)
    * Wonder Woman (Diana Prince)
    * Green Arrow (Oliver Queen) - 1st new member to join
    * Black Canary (Dinah Laurel Lance) - initially replaced Wonder Woman in post-CoIE continuity
    * Triumph (William MacIntyre) < Justice League America #92 (September 1994) / Zero Hour >
    * Cyborg (Victor Stone) - founding member instead of Martian Manhunter in New52 continuity
    * Plastic Man ("Eel" O'Brien) - see Justice League of America #144 (1977)
    * Rex the Wonder Dog - see Justice League of America #144 (1977)
    * Robotman (Dr. Robert Crane) - see Justice League of America #144 (1977)
    * The Vigilante (Greg Sanders) - see Justice League of America #144 (1977)

As mentioned above, there were the original "original" seven members; then Green Arrow was the first new member to join the original Justice League of America; after CoIE, when Wonder Woman hadn't yet left Paradise Island when the JLoA was originally founded, Black Canary was retconned into her place; for Zero Hour, Triumph was added as an original member who was later forgotten; and for the New52, Cyborg took the place of Martian Manhunter as a "founding member".
    As for the other choices I listed, those heroes were among those present in Steve Englehart's 1977 story "The Origin of the Justice League-- Minus One!".

The "non-original" choices are really limiting. I mean, Rex, the Wonder Dog? I always wanted more than one female representation in the original League, so I went with the original 7 and replaced Aquaman with Black Canary. However, had there been other female heroes avaliable in the pool, I'd have prefered them over Arthur (maybe Mera or Zatanna). And I didn't replace Aquaman because I don't like him, it's juat that every founding member has their own set place in the founding team, and Arthur never did do much in the early days. IMHO, he grew as a character later on. I really liked the twaeks they made to the founding line-up in the Justice League cartoon. I thought they were pretty smart.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    The "non-original" choices are really limiting. I mean, Rex, the Wonder Dog? I always wanted more than one female representation in the original League, so I went with the original 7 and replaced Aquaman with Black Canary. However, had there been other female heroes avaliable in the pool, I'd have prefered them over Arthur (maybe Mera or Zatanna).
    There weren't many female heroes around when the Justice League of America was originally formed back in the late 1950s (The Brave and the Bold #28 was cover-dated February-March 1960 and went on sale in late December 1959).
    Mera was introduced in 1963 and Zatanna was in 1964.
    As it was, Black Canary (Dinah Drake version) last appeared in a story in All-Star Comics #57 (February-March 1951) and didn't appear again until a flashback scene in The Flash #129 (June 1962).
    Also as stated, choices were based on the original origin story for the first Justice League and later revisions for the first time the team was assembled (which is why Dinah Laurel Lance and Victor Stone made the list).

NOTE: Thread / poll originally created back in February of 2021.
    ------------------------------------------------
    With 63 people having voted so far, the top seven are
    * Wonder Woman (Diana Prince) = 56 votes
    * The Flash (Barry Allen) = 52 votes
    * Aquaman (Arthur Curry) = 51 votes
    * Superman (Clark Kent) = 48 votes
    * Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) = 47 votes
    * Batman (Bruce Wayne) = 42 votes
    * Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onzz) = 39 votes

Black Canary (Dinah Laurel Lance) has 37 votes; next highest is Green Arrow (Oliver Queen) with 22 votes followed by Plastic Man ("Eel" O'Brien) at 13 votes. All other options still have fewer than 10 votes (with Robotman still at 8 votes).

I choosed the less powerfull leagu I could think... so the are massacred and a new league rise to replace them:

Triumph
    Rex
    Vigilante
    Robotman
    Black Canary
    Martian Manhunter.

Only the last two survive to recruit a new more powerful league... and avenge the fallen..! no, wait, wrong team.... and bring JUSTICE to the fallen ones!!
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin