Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supreme

Default Supreme

I'm assuming the character is just never coming back? Ive tried looking things up concerning the character but seems I can't find anything.

Ultimate Member

On one hand, I'm sure Rob Leifeld has the final say.

On the other, if a writer or artist wants to work on a Superman pastiche, the more than a couple places to go besides Rob.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I thought the comics rights went to Andrew Rev along with Youngblood?

Extraordinary Member

What happened now?

Liefield doesn’t have the rights to Supreme?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I thought the comics rights went to Andrew Rev along with Youngblood?
    Yea but Rob said it's been decades since he lost the rights yet he was still publishing Youngblood. Although he has stated that he's done doing any projects with his original Image creations.

The Image superhero universe is in shambles. Especially that Liefeld lost the rights to Youngblood and Larsen's and McFarlane's characters ages normally. I wish they whole thing would get rebooted ala Crisis On Infinite Earths, but I can dream, can I? I've always loved Supreme and would love to see a return.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Yea but Rob said it's been decades since he lost the rights yet he was still publishing Youngblood. Although he has stated that he's done doing any projects with his original Image creations.
    "original"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    The Image superhero universe is in shambles. Especially that Liefeld lost the rights to Youngblood and Larsen's and McFarlane's characters ages normally. I wish they whole thing would get rebooted ala Crisis On Infinite Earths, but I can dream, can I? I've always loved Supreme and would love to see a return.
    The original Image shared universe ended around 1996 when Rob left the first time. For years it's only Larson and Todd who kept parts of it alive.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    The original Image shared universe ended around 1996 when Rob left the first time. For years it's only Larson and Todd who kept parts of it alive.
    Exactly. It all started splintering when Silvestri pulled out Top Cow. Although he came back but Extreme was then pulled out of Image.

Once Wildstorm was pulled out and sold to DC, Image basically pivoted away from superhero comics. The only guys committed to their characters were McFarlane and Larsen (which is still pretty much the case until this day).

The truth is, there’s little to no possibility of seeing the original Image superhero universe come back. A combination of carelessness, unserious and little to no business know-how has killed off the original superhero universe.

I'm sure if Silvestri and Liefeld committed to an ongoing series for more than 3 issues, readers would follow. The problem is that we've been burned too many times.

I know nothing of the rights issue, save that Liefeld no longer has it. So I don’t know how feasible it would be, but man alive I can’t be the only one who would shell out for an updated Supreme by Alan Moore collected edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    I know nothing of the rights issue, save that Liefeld no longer has it. So I don’t know how feasible it would be, but man alive I can’t be the only one who would shell out for an updated Supreme by Alan Moore collected edition.
    Andrew Rev's Terrific has the publishing rights to both Supreme and Youngblood if I understand correctly. So hard to make out what they say on their Twitter. But I think it's safe to say they have no future and it's just a matter of time before someone else arrives and buys the rights from them if they're unable to make money from them as expected.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Andrew Rev's Terrific has the publishing rights to both Supreme and Youngblood if I understand correctly. So hard to make out what they say on their Twitter. But I think it's safe to say they have no future and it's just a matter of time before someone else arrives and buys the rights from them if they're unable to make money from them as expected.
    Who is this Andrew Rev and how did he get the sole right to creations by Liefield?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Who is this Andrew Rev and how did he get the sole right to creations by Liefield?

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    This Bleeding Cool article sums it all up rather nicely.