1) In Khazan
    2) In an alleyway

Daredevil gets his Billy club and armor
    Achilles gets spear, shield, armor.

Who wins?
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Achilles is stronger, but Matt should be enough quicker and more skilled to take him down eventually. Achilles doesn't really have any impressive durability feats or soak: he barely gets hit.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I mean Achilles would be hard pressed to actually hurt him given the red suit

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Fair point as well, I'm just thinking that if this is peak Matty, Achilles isn't hitting him anyway.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Not really, Achilles was strong enough to chop clean through a completely metal statue with one strike. He could hurl his spear good distances with pinpoint accuracy. Daredevil is faster but not by much. Matt still wins due to better skill but he doesn't want to get directly hit.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Not really, Achilles was strong enough to chop clean through a completely metal statue with one strike. He could hurl his spear good distances with pinpoint accuracy. Daredevil is faster but not by much. Matt still wins due to better skill but he doesn't want to get directly hit.
    ditto. if matt gets hit, he's hurting, if not dead. but that's a big IF

Whoever hits the other one squarely first probably has an advantage. Mat has a better shot at pulling that off, since he typically fights against more skilled opponents than mostly random mooks that Achilles does.

Maybe 3/10 Achilles takes it by virtue of actually tagging Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Whoever hits the other one squarely first probably has an advantage. Mat has a better shot at pulling that off, since he typically fights against more skilled opponents than mostly random mooks that Achilles does.

Maybe 3/10 Achilles takes it by virtue of actually tagging Matt.
    Achilles is also rocking armor and a shield. He can take a hit better than the spandex clad Mat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Achilles is also rocking armor and a shield. He can take a hit better than the spandex clad Mat.

Much like the RPM Suits, that is not Spandex.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Already been shown, but no, Matt's not rocking spandex at all. It's armored super-fabric that laughs off bullets.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Achilles being a dude who makes impossible sword-throws-through-metal-armor, I'm pretty cool with him being able to hurt Matt anyway, here.

For me, it's a fight; Achilles has the advantage of longer weaponry, a shield, and greater strength, eliminating some of Matt's armor advantage based on feats. Plus, Achilles' helmet means bouncing the club off a wall to clock him on the back of the head isn't going to be nearly as effective. Heck, Matt's clubs aren't going to be terribly effective, period, against Achilles - the armor will largely blunt the impacts, though his arms, legs, throat, and to some extent face (though it's mostly covered) remain viable targets.

On the plus side for Matt, he enjoys a speed advantage over Achilles (no blitzing, an advantage), and his armor will offer at least SOME protection.

I am not sold at all on the skill advantage for Matt. Achilles wades into groups of armed men, alone, and basically slaughters them without being touched (this is when surrounded by people, so they're not just at his front, they're all around him). It's at least on the level of what we see from Matt, skill-wise, in terms of effectiveness.

Matt, at his best, does similar. However, there are PLENTY of times where Matt suffers a beating, whereas basically the only time someone lays a glove on Achilles is via arrow from ambush. Not to say that we should judge Matt on his low times, but when he takes bucketloads of hits, billing him as actually better than Achilles does not sit well with me.

This is going to be a hard fight. In the arena I would give a majority to Achilles, and not easy wins. In the alley, Matt does have better options for bouncing stuff off walls and managing to maybe doing more damage...which is countered by the fact that in the alley, if Matt wants to get past the shield he needs to go OVER Achilles. Hm.

Mileage may vary.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 02-09-2021 at 05:32 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

A hoplite spear and shield is almost impossibly better than a billy club that can be thrown a bit. Next.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    A hoplite spear and shield is almost impossibly better than a billy club that can be thrown a bit. Next.
    While I'd agree, Matt enjoys a speed advantage by Rumbles rules that cannot be discounted. He catches multiple arrows. By Rumbles rules, it's better than anything Achilles has for speed, which somewhat balances Achilles' weaponry advantage.

I'm still of the consideration that this is a very uphill battle for Matt, mind, and don't think he can take a majority.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    While I'd agree, Matt enjoys a speed advantage by Rumbles rules that cannot be discounted. He catches multiple arrows. By Rumbles rules, it's better than anything Achilles has for speed, which somewhat balances Achilles' weaponry advantage.

I'm still of the consideration that this is a very uphill battle for Matt, mind, and don't think he can take a majority.
    Er, if Achilles throws his sword at him, that's a little different than catching arrows. Especially where its thrown to where it sheers through metal.

Er, if Achilles throws his sword at him, that's a little different than catching arrows. Especially where its thrown to where it sheers through metal.
    Thing is, Matt is fast enough to dodge it. Between the radar sense and his own speed (evidenced by the arrow-catching), the dude was dodging stuff that the Bullseye character was throwing. I don't really have a problem with him dodging a single, thrown sword. Which, in this case, Achilles doesn't even have (check the equipment given to both fighters in the OP).
    Why are we here?