Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I've seen Henry as a blonde and I never want to see a 2.0 version of that ever again.

I think with the SS having a semblance of a history at Marvel spanning decades, I'm sure Disney could pull off a live action no problem (legally) but I'm certain it will ruffle some folks feathers if they ever made a success of it, ironically.
    Lol I was kidding. Would be funny though. Anyway yea if there was a leg to stand on WBs would've sued Sony over BrightBurn. And that doesn't have a long history in print like Marvels suprrman clones.

Anyway too many characters still need films or shows. SS is at that bottom of Marvel to do list I'm betting. Hyperion could be a cool villian for a future Thor or Captain Marvel film(Or any cosmic powerhouse. Silver surfer or whoever we might get in the furure). You could have the opening scene set up some superman esque Savior who turns on his planet when the people don't behave exactly as he wants. Though I enjoy heroic Hyperion too. Just think Evil version got more potential.

I think Marvel wouldn't open that door to include DC knockoffs in their films because Warners would turn around and immediately do the same, and Marvel, being more successful, would have more to lose.

Hyperion in a Marvel movie likely wouldn't matter, but a DC movie with Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Iron Man knockoffs would only help DC appeal to the Marvel audience.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    What better victory lap could Marvel have then essentially doing a Justice League movie better than DC/WB?
    I'm pretty sure they've already done several Justice League movies than WB.

Astonishing Member

They have already done, squadron supreme in the cartoon show so I don't know why they wouldn't have the guts to do it live action. The whole squadron supreme stuff is so interesting with so many different offshoots. I loved the African American nighthawk I have no idea if they would ever do him.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I think Marvel wouldn't open that door to include DC knockoffs in their films because Warners would turn around and immediately do the same, and Marvel, being more successful, would have more to lose.

Hyperion in a Marvel movie likely wouldn't matter, but a DC movie with Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Iron Man knockoffs would only help DC appeal to the Marvel audience.
    I don't think that is necessarily true, The only reason this would be possible is because you have a some what successful version with a twist putting out a straight ripoff will be killed by fans. For example We all know that Darkseid came before Thanos but we all know that Darkseid is going to killed as Thanos clone by people who don't know better so imagine what is going to happen to those other DC characters. If DC does something with Lobo( Wolverine & Deadpool) Blue Beetle(Spiderman) then maybe it will do okay I don't see DC dropping just anything it will be appealing to Marvel fans especially with better version around.

Only reason Squadron Supreme is an option is because DC is slightly mishandling Justice League and because of that there is room to do a version, The reason Squadron Supreme never does all that good at Marvel is why read it when you can just read the better Justice League. Marvel has the advantage in this case because they could do bright optimistic SS and it would work because DC fans are looking for that. Marvel can do dark gritty version of SS which (would be a little meta) and also fill the Avengers vs Justice League thing that will never see on the big screen.

Marvel could put out the best Namor movie ever right now and it would be killed in comparison to Aquaman. I don't think DC retaliating with their own knock offs is a sound plan there is high downside. I don't think DC hitting back with say Sideways, Damage and Silencer will do anything. But they are these little pockets inside of two companies where they can hit at each other because there is some weakness. I think DC could hit with "The Terrifics" or Red Hood. FF is flawed concept in todays market imo and you can execute it better than FF. The Red Hood at DC could out Punisher A MCU Punisher. These things will only work if they recognize the holes that other company can't fill.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Eh. I think it’d open up too many opportunities for lawsuits, no? I’m no lawyer, but I feel the SS in comics was a bit of “tit for tat”, as DC had some “Marvel equivalents” as well, but the movies are serious bucks/attention.
    No legal ramifications. If there were, lawsuits would have been filed ages ago pertaining to the characters themselves.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I'm hoping for Hyperion to pop up. Doubt they would ever give him his own movie but maybe somewhere else. I don't think lawsuits would be an issue. Brightburn was pretty on the nose and WBs didn't sue Sony.
    Well, the actual story is just a derivative of Moses (Which Superman's origins was partly inspired by). You can have a alien sent to earth and becoming a hero/villain no problem. Heck you could give them the same powers as Superman. You'd get knocked for being unoriginal, but you couldn't be touched by the law.

But the minute you slap a big "s" on said characters chest and call them Superior Man or something like that, then you bet lawsuits would be filed.

Astonishing Member

Personally, with the current push in the comics, I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel Studios at least WEREN'T considering doing the Squadron Supreme at some point. Especially now with them exploring the concept of multiverses.

I think Avenger movies will be rested for awhile. So Marvel adapting other groups such as Squadron Supreme into live action makes sense (give me OG Defenders or Invaders and I'll be a happy camper).

Would be very surprising to see us get the SS before we get the FF & the Mutants fully engaged in the MCU. Those 2 groups alone have a LOT of bad guys to bring along with them. Did I mention Deadpool getting into the MCU sooner rather than later? So that's 3 "new" franchises getting their own MCU movies, then sequels with the eventual mega-crossover crisis to wrap up that storyline.

I'd say maybe in 10 years we'll see the SS in the MCU?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

There are so many other Marvel properties just sitting there that to see them do an SS movie would just seem like a cheap PR move.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    There are so many other Marvel properties just sitting there that to see them do an SS movie would just seem like a cheap PR move.
    Here's how much "fan" mind I've got going, my mind wants to convert this sentence to "that to see them do an Suicide Squad movie would just seem like a cheap Power Rangers movie."
    (yes, Suicide Squad - SS conjures that for my mind more than Squadron Supreme.)

I am in full support of a Squadron Supreme Disney+ series. Make it like the J. Michael Straczynski version, bring him in as a producer and writer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I am in full support of a Squadron Supreme Disney+ series. Make it like the J. Michael Straczynski version, bring him in as a producer and writer.
    I am amazed that run by him doesnt get more play. It almost is closer to the tv show the boys, than the actual boys comic. Its just a great comic.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I am amazed that run by him doesnt get more play. It almost is closer to the tv show the boys, than the actual boys comic. Its just a great comic.
    Indeed. Having seen The Boys on Amazon Prime and checked out JMS's Supreme Power/Squadron Supreme, I can see some similarities --- chiefly the idea that the flaws and faults endemic to the human condition would be the ultimate downfall of a would-be "superhero," not necessarily a standard-issue "supervillain."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. Having seen The Boys on Amazon Prime and checked out JMS's Supreme Power/Squadron Supreme, I can see some similarities --- chiefly the idea that the flaws and faults endemic to the human condition would be the ultimate downfall of a would-be "superhero," not necessarily a standard-issue "supervillain."
    I have to think the producers of the boys looked at this run. I know the characters in the boys are from that comic. But that comic goes in many directions off the rails. It really takes many themes from supreme power. I noticed. I actually think supreme power was done before the boys as well. Just interesting.