Extraordinary Member

Default Batman/Catwoman #9 Preview

Batman/Catwoman #9 Preview
    Writer: Tom King
    Artist: Liam Sharp

Liam Sharp definitely gives this book a new vibe...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Liam Sharp definitely gives this book a new vibe...
    Yea, Sharp brings that "book that actually comes out" vibe - it's different for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Yea, Sharp brings that "book that actually comes out" vibe - it's different for sure.
    Slick burn .

Cobblepot living longer than Batman is crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Cobblepot living longer than Batman is crazy
    "Living Well is the Best Revenge."

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Hilarious !

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

On the plus side it's coming out.

On the negative, I'm really disliking Sharp's art on this. I really they'd found someone whose style was closer to Mann's.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post

On the negative, I'm really disliking Sharp's art on this. I really they'd found someone whose style was closer to Mann's.
    same, it is so jarring and to me oh so ugly.

But I loved his art on Green Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post

I just don't like how Sharp draws Joker. It feels like he is always doing something weird with his nose and smile and I don't like it. Worked for old man Penguin though.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Honestly Sharp going abstract with some of the art and giving it a freaky Romanticized edge kind of turned me around on the Kingistic past, present and future, story structure f**kery. Sometimes the right artist can make your narrative tomfoolery work despite itself, both tonally and in some of the panel presentation, which by doing overt parallel or repeat motif positions for people draws your eye to the timeline-narrative switchover instead of it being kind of hard to tell sometimes when it's supposed to be transitioning. Like, it goes All-In on the concept. I didn't think all the linework was Sharp's best but I think he does wonders for the actual flow of the Christmas Carol riff. It feels less "all over the place" and more "fun experimental" almost immediately with him doing the layouts.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Honestly Sharp going abstract with some of the art and giving it a freaky Romanticized edge kind of turned me around on the Kingistic past, present and future, story structure f**kery. Sometimes the right artist can make your narrative tomfoolery work despite itself, both tonally and in some of the panel presentation, which by doing overt parallel or repeat motif positions for people draws your eye to the timeline-narrative switchover instead of it being kind of hard to tell sometimes when it's supposed to be transitioning. Like, it goes All-In on the concept. I didn't think all the linework was Sharp's best but I think he does wonders for the actual flow of the Christmas Carol riff. It feels less "all over the place" and more "fun experimental" almost immediately with him doing the layouts.
    Which would have been more palatable had he been the artist from the start but changing from a very regimented, detailed and 'realistic' artist to Sharp's messy, dreamlike, heavily stylised vision is incredibly jarring after 6 issues. That's the problem.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!