Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Future State: Gotham debuts in May

This May, Red Hood continues the hunt in an all new ongoing series, Future State: Gotham. Set in the world of DC Future State, this series continues against the backdrop of a possible future Gotham City seen in other titles such as Future State: The Next Batman, Future State: Harley Quinn, Future State: Robin Eternal and Future State Nightwing. Rendered in stark, black and white tones, Future State: Gotham will evoke the gritty, noir aesthetic that reinforces Gotham City as a living, breathing part of any Bat-family story.

“HUNT THE NEXT BATMAN”

This six-issue debut story arc is co-written by Joshua Williamson and Dennis Culver, with art by Giannis Milonogiannis.

Disaster strikes Gotham City and all evidence points to Tim Fox, The Next Batman! Jason Todd chooses justice over his family and allies when The Magistrate enlists him to bring in the new Batman, dead or alive! Featuring the entire cast from the popular DC Future State Batman titles, Future State Gotham begins the next chapter in this inevitable world of tomorrow and does so with this dynamic, noirish format.

The series debuts on Tuesday, May 11 in all comic book stores and participating digital retailers. Issue #1 features a main cover by Yasmine Putri, with a card stock variant cover by James Stokoe, available in comic book stores and participating digital retailers. Each 32-page issue sells for $3.99, with the card stock variant available for $4.99.

This is me posting to say that I feel such a pain, that I don't know what to do with DC right now.

I have no interest in this, to be honest.
    I don't think they get what fans of Jason like myself like about Jason.
    Thank you, but this story again, no, thank you.

I mean, we literally have Jason believing the magistrate and working for them right now, against anything he had standed for in his history, and being an absolutely idiont by believing it now. Like, right now. Not only he's the villain, but he's also the villain because he's made a fool of himself.

What the heck.
    This is painful.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-05-2021 at 07:34 AM.

I doubt that this is what Red Hood fans wanted.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I dont mind this so much. I am really enjoying the Future State comics. I am glad to see they are not dropping it after the two months.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I’m just going to post my thoughts from another thread

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Oh wow so we actually aren’t abandoning the future state world after February, that’s pretty cool honestly. I figured we’d only see ideas not the actual timeline itself.

Either way I’m down to see Joshua Williamson writing Jason vs Jace, bring it on I say
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Oh wait, so this is about all the Future State Batman books? Got it.
    Look, if DC is using Jason as a draw to two anthology series, why not give the guy his own book?

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

This isn't an anthology is it? It about Jason hunting down the rest of the bat family, and consequently Jace, Steph, Cass, and Dick all appear as well (not sure about Bruce and Tim though, and Damian's been absent in Future State).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This isn't an anthology is it? It about Jason hunting down the rest of the bat family, and consequently Jace, Steph, Cass, and Dick all appear as well (not sure about Bruce and Tim though, and Damian's been absent in Future State).
    My bad, it's not a anthology, but it's about the Bat characters in Future State. Only the six first issues are about Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It seems to be that, but I guess it is an anthology in the end. I think it's implied by mentioning the other members of the fam.

The story will be about Jason being a fool, and the others being victims of his foolish actions. Even when it's going to be also character assasination for Jason. The others will be alright heroes, all of them. But Jason? Nah, he's an idiot who allies with the fascist guys who are also clearly fishy and villanious. Or mad. Maybe they're mad. Anyways, only villains and idiots like Jason will ally with them. The others will be heroes and smart and... whatever.

I don't get why they are going for this one. It's hasn't been a best selling, right? Or critically aclaimed. I swear, I don't get this publisher most of the times.

This is not what I wanted when I said I'd like to see a Batfamily title, lol. What I do like is that Future State won't be forgotten. I hope non-Gotham titles will follow because those are the Futures I am much more interested in.

Astonishing Member

I don't mind them keeping Future State as separate titles (I would hate to have at is main continuity althouth), but I can't say I'm glad to see this version of Jason (and Rose, I guess). Their back-up is just a garbage, imo.
    I guess that's where Future State's version of Damian is going to appear.

Oh no, I just realized Dick'll remain in the costume. Like, no shade to Scott, she is a good artist, but no.

Got to say it, I like the idea. For starter, I don't find Jason's back-up to be horrible or an hot mess. It's not the best, but it's certainly far more enjoyable than the BoP one, or even the Cass+Steph which was dreadful to read through to me. I'll see about this series and give it the six-issues arc to seduce me. Still surprised it didn't start with Next Batman as the MC.

Incredible Member

While I guess it's good to see Future State having a role and story beyond the two-month event, this just feels like a weird choice. I feel like this would make better sense for a digital-first series.

What about Batgirls? Or Batwoman? Or an actual Red Hood solo beyond his role in Urban Legends? Or giving Tim a book? Or finding a place for Duke? There are so many characters still being neglected in favor of a Future State ongoing.

I'm not worried about Jason because normal Jason's getting his own story in another anthology book.

I wonder if this will be the home of Future State Batman.