Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not worried about Jason because normal Jason's getting his own story in another anthology book.

I wonder if this will be the home of Future State Batman.
    Isn't his home "The Next Batman: Second Son"?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I think Second Son is the origin story, how he got his training to be Batman in Future State.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    That's a miniseries exploring his origin not an ongoing though. If they want an ongoing starring Tim/Jace, a Future State book a la the Rebirth Batman Beyond one would make sense but I still think this is gunna end up having a rotating cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    That's a miniseries exploring his origin not an ongoing though. If they want an ongoing starring Tim/Jace, a Future State book a la the Rebirth Batman Beyond one would make sense but I still think this is gunna end up having a rotating cast.
    Yeah, this Future State: Gotham will have a rotating cast. I think it's good, they setted up cool concepts for that future that can be explored and we have yet to see the fate of some characters like Damian.

Maybe after Second Son is concluded, they'll release a ongoing for Jace.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Now that I think about it, this is yet another Bat-Book .

Hopefully this won't be the only Future State sequel book in that respect.

Astonishing Member

So insted of the batgirls we get elsworld red hood kills the bat family...... it took them 3 months but dc finaly shot it self in the foot

BANNED

Red Hood as a villain. I hope it sells.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I still think this is gunna end up having a rotating cast.
    I think the wording below - "starting with" - lends credence to this book having a rotating cast:

https://twitter.com/thedcnation/stat...35747332177920

meh at best

Bluebird

Is it gonna be a scenario where Red Hood kills a bunch of the Bat Family characters before he has a change of heart?

I'm down for this. haven't been a fan of his Future State back-up, but that has more to do with not feeling the premise more than the execution, so I'm willing to give a longer form story a try. Red Hood is in my top 5 and I do like the idea of seeing him fight the other Batfamily members, especially since he's obviously working against the Magistrate from the inside; that's his whole schtick. all they have to do is give me a good Jason and his All-Blades vs Duke and the black lightning Soultaker fight and they'll clear the 5/10 bar automatically for me
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm down for this. haven't been a fan of his Future State back-up, but that has more to do with not feeling the premise more than the execution, so I'm willing to give a longer form story a try. Red Hood is in my top 5 and I do like the idea of seeing him fight the other Batfamily members, especially since he's obviously working against the Magistrate from the inside; that's his whole schtick. all they have to do is give me a good Jason and his All-Blades vs Duke and the black lightning Soultaker fight and they'll clear the 5/10 bar automatically for me
    Is he? Doesn't come across as that, going by comments of other people who read the first issue. And the solicit for this series doesn't imply he does, either.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-05-2021 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Is he? Doesn't come across as that, going by comments of other people who read the first issue. And the solicit for this series doesn't imply he does, either.
    given the nature of the character, and his trepidation about going balls crazy like Ravager, I doubt Jason is just a random villain now. it seems more likely he's working against the criminal element (in this case The Magistrate) from the inside, as is his thing.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-05-2021 at 12:03 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    given the nature of the character, and his trepidation about going balls crazy like Ravenger, I doubt Jason is just a random villain now. it seems more likely he's working against the criminal element (in this case The Magistrate) from the inside, as is his thing.
    Rose's new codename ?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Jason didn’t exactly seem like he was drinking the Magistare kook-aid or particularly enjoying his life in the FS: Red Hood backup so I wouldn’t assume he’s a full on villain again.

With that said, now that Williamson has more issues I’m gonna need that “why?” to sell me on this approach. Be it a deep undercover Op, he was forced into it or whatever the case may be, there has to be a real solid motivation.