Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Rose's new codename ?
    smh clearly I'm reading on a different earth and got my wires crossed
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    Red Hood as a villain. I hope it sells.
    Although Red Hood was working with the Magistrate, he was portrayed as being level-headed.

Extraordinary Member

so back to pre flashpoint crazy jason getting his ass handed to him as he harasses bat family memebers

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    so back to pre flashpoint crazy jason getting his ass handed to him as he harasses bat family memebers
    I mean if everyone remembers all of dc history that really does shoot Jason in the foot, especially the Grant Morrison days.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Is it gonna be a scenario where Red Hood kills a bunch of the Bat Family characters before he has a change of heart?
    Considering that in FS he does all he can to bring people alive to the Magistrate... I doubt it.

Whatever happened during A Day clearly hurt him bad and yet he seems to have vowed not to kill again.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean if everyone remembers all of dc history that really does shoot Jason in the foot, especially the Grant Morrison days.
    It's not much different than blaming an amnesiac guy that lived for 10 years a new life and expecting him to behave as he did before loosing his memories, only following in those memories, and only certain memories of those memories (not all of them) when after 10 years, he recovers from his amnesia. He also has 10 years of new memories to build from it. Morrison's run wasn't even most of Jason's post-Crisis and pre-New52 history and characterization. It lasted, what, two years? And around 8 issues more or less he appeared in, in that whole time, before New 52 broke the continuity.

And it's certainly a take most of his fans don't like. And I seriously doubt that Morrison's Jason would follow the magistrate, to be frank. Like, seriously, why would he? Or hunting down other heroes that are not the Batfam (Morrison's Jason would hunt down the batfam, yeah. Winnick's would too, to some degree, and for different reasons. In my opinion. I don't think he would sell an actual hero doing actual good ever. Again, this is my "headcanon" speaking).

This whole idea frustrates me so much. I can't see the point. Edit: I mean, why working with the Magistrate? Why chasing actual heroes? Makes no sense.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-05-2021 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    It's not much different than blaming an amnesiac guy that lived for 10 years a new life and expect him to behave as he did before loosing his memories, only following in those memories, and only certain memories of those memories (not all of them) when after 10 years, he recovers from his amnesia. He also has 10 years of new memories to build from it. Morrison's run wasn't even most of Jason's post-Crisis and pre-New52 history and characterization. It lasted, what, two years? And around 8 issues more or less he appeared in, in that whole time, before New 52 broke the continuity.

And it's certainly a take most of his fans don't like. And I seriously doubt that Morrison's Jason would follow the magistrate, to be frank. Like, seriously, why would he? Or hunting down other heroes that are not the Batfam (Morrison's Jason would hunt down the batfam, yeah. Winnick's would too, to some degree, and for different reasons. In my opinion. I don't think he would sell an actual hero doing actual good ever).

This whole idea frustrates me so much. I can't see the point.
    I just meant psycho murder vigilante, who also had a really screwed up sidekick.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I just meant psycho murder vigilante, who also had a really screwed up sidekick.
    I'm not following. Could you please elaborate? :/

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Yeah so not what I wanted in a Red Hood series....or any other of my favorite Gotham characters. Plus $4 for a black and white book. I will pass, thank you though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I'm not following. Could you please elaborate? :/
    In Grant Morrison’s Batman and Robin (Dick as Batman, Damian as Robin) Jason Todd was a much crazier murderous vigilante and he had a teenage girl sidekick whose face was all messed up thanks to Professor Pyg and his weird masks. He was red hood and she was Scarlet.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    given the nature of the character, and his trepidation about going balls crazy like Ravager, I doubt Jason is just a random villain now. it seems more likely he's working against the criminal element (in this case The Magistrate) from the inside, as is his thing.
    Seems to me that he aligned himself with the Magistrate because whatever reason and now he can't get back his choice and feels guilty about it. Nothing about working inside. And the solicit for the second issue didn't point that either. I hope I'm wrong, honestly. It would be more fitting, feel more right, if he did.

(Sorry, I skipped to last page by mistake and lost the comments in between)

In Grant Morrison’s Batman and Robin (Dick as Batman, Damian as Robin) Jason Todd was a much crazier murderous vigilante and he had a teenage girl sidekick whose face was all messed up thanks to Professor Pyg and his weird masks. He was red hood and she was Scarlet.
    Yeah, and that lasted little, and made no sense with his previous characterization. And even Morrison himself backstepped from it. And Winnick sort of made fun of it himself with his own issues in Morrison's run.

He also helped a lot of people. Heroes, and even some rogues, iirc. If he remembers the bad, he also should remember the good.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-05-2021 at 04:36 PM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I don't want this.

It's just sad comparing Joshua Williamson's treatment of Red Hood in Future State to his treatment of Damian Wayne in the Robin solo according to the announcement/interview. Williamson is giving Damian so much new stuff and promises character development.

In the meanwhile Jason is stuck in Gotham and in conflict with the batfamily.

Why is DC ignoring writers like Matthew Rosenberg or Alex de Campi who have stated on social media that they'd like to write Jason Todd? Instead Jason is given to a writer who obviously doesn't care about the character.

Could be worse, at least Jason is showing up in some stuff. Who knows, it could turn out to be alright, guess it depends on the premise as a whole

Its drawn by the same god-awful artist currently doing the back-up art in issues 2 & 4 of Dark Detective. Hard Pass, wouldn't read if I was getting paid to.