Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    I don't think nu darkseid has any mental resistance feats...
    Do you think post Crisco could take either?
    Post Crisco is what, exactly, a more heat resistant vegetable shortening? I don't think it has the feats...
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Post Crisco is what, exactly, a more heat resistant vegetable shortening? I don't think it has the feats...
    Even if it’s more heat-resistant, it still burns, clearly. That’s why it has a dark seid.

(Seriously, Post-Crisco Darkseid has to join the League of Typos.)

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I'm not sure if Nu has mental resistance feats, but I do recall he displayed some passive power absorption which leaves it questionable what will and won't work on him.

Post crisis... I wanna say no? I don't recall telepathy resistance for him. And I'm not sure precisely how he stacks up with Saitama. That era he was basically even with Superman for strength and durability (or close enough to it, they went back and forth a bit) and I don't know that I'd put Saitama quite that high or not. More importantly, Darkseid has like one speed feat for operating in microseconds and Saitama is very, very fast. Darkseid fought a lot of fast people but villains rarely get speed feats of their own in western comics. If Saitama can blitz him I'm inclined to think he can put Darkseid down.

Cable could just make some stairs for Post Crisis Darkseid to fall down...

Nu Darkseid should be way too durable for Saitama though. Not sure if he has any resistance to high level TP, however. OE hits Cable and Saitama regardless of speed, I assume?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Cable could just make some stairs for Post Crisis Darkseid to fall down...

Nu Darkseid should be way too durable for Saitama though. Not sure if he has any resistance to high level TP, however. OE hits Cable and Saitama regardless of speed, I assume?
    Correct. In his first appearance Darkseid launched his beams at Clark and Barry. Barry managed to escape by phasing through someone else at the last moment, but ran so hard he was winded for the first time. Clark flew up, up, and way but the beams followed and one shotted him. Wonder Woman did manage to reflect it back in his face at point blank range but her bracelets have always been hax.

Saitama kills Cable, but in dying he somehow wins.

Darkseid meanwhile absconded back to Apokolips with Saitama's couch.