Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jesus Cable VS Darkseid VS Saitama

Who wins?

Round 1) Post Crisis Darkseid
    Round 2) New 52 Darkseid

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Erm... Jesus Cable was able to tussle with the Silver Surfer while supporting a floating city with his mind and rebuilding all the damage they did during the fight all at the same time.

Saitama might get the blitz but I don't think he's got high enough strength feats to kill Cable before he thinks him out of existence.

BANNED

I thought he lost against the Surfer?

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    I thought he lost against the Surfer?
    "Tussle with," does not mean "defeat,"

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Erm... Jesus Cable was able to tussle with the Silver Surfer while supporting a floating city with his mind and rebuilding all the damage they did during the fight all at the same time.

Saitama might get the blitz but I don't think he's got high enough strength feats to kill Cable before he thinks him out of existence.
    Ehh...

Surfer just flew Cable around/through stuff to listen to him explain himself. Then, when Cable hauled off and attacked him, Surfer hit him with eye lasers once and the fight was over.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ehh...

Surfer just flew Cable around/through stuff to listen to him explain himself. Then, when Cable hauled off and attacked him, Surfer hit him with eye lasers once and the fight was over.
    The sequence in question

True, Surfer did drop Cable real easy when he went for him.

But point was more that, between them were throwing out enough energy to obliterate everything around them and Cable was fixing all said damage, while also supporting a floating city with his telekinesis and even broke Surfer's board.

This is a level of power well beyond Saitama and Darkseid's ability to handle as far as I'm aware.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Yeah, but that also included repairing all the damage they were doing as they were doing it and flying around. At high speeds, and breaking the Surfer's board.

It also seems worth noting that I don't think either necessarily was going all out, but Cable was trying to sacrifice himself.

You could make a case that Saitama could handle all that, but it requires making a few big jumps.

1) Tornado in the webcomic can't move Saitama when he doesn't let himself be moved. His will makes him resistant to psychic energy.
    2) Tornado in the manga can fight on the sort of crazy scale Jesus Cable can.
    3) Manga Saitama also displayed some wacky anti telepathy stuff, basically detecting when other people were fighting in the Astral Plane, punching his way in, and then scaring the telepath out of it.

If you assume manga = webcomic and tk resistance scale = to resistance scale, then Saitama probably wouldn't get instantly shut down. Buuuut... The manga and webcomic have some pretty big differences at this point (I think?) And TK and TP also feel pretty different. We don't have enough proof yet to conclusively say how it works in his world.

Nu Darkseid should wreck them either way, I think. He's been established as way above My Superman at this point and wades through the collective Justice League unloading in him. Barring him being inexplicably weak to TP, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    He's been established as way above My Superman at this point and wades through the collective Justice League unloading in him.
    As opposed to Everyone's Superman hehe.

Buuuut... The manga and webcomic have some pretty big differences at this point (I think?) And TK and TP also feel pretty different. We don't have enough proof yet to conclusively say how it works in his world.
    Clowning aside, I agree that there is something of a case for Saitama's immunity to TK.

However, given how ridiculously more powerful Manga Tatsumaki is than Webcomic Tatsumaki, I wouldn't necessarily be comfortable with scaling Saitama until we see that their eventual confrontation will bear out the same.

I mean, I imagine it will go largely the same, Saitama being OP as hell is the point of the series, but I personally would like to see how the feats pan out in case there are some differences.

The sequence in question

True, Surfer did drop Cable real easy when he went for him.

But point was more that, between them were throwing out enough energy to obliterate everything around them and Cable was fixing all said damage, while also supporting a floating city with his telekinesis and even broke Surfer's board.

This is a level of power well beyond Saitama and Darkseid's ability to handle as far as I'm aware.
    Oh I'm aware, I read through the issue before posting.

I'm not contesting that Cable can't mindfrag or erase Saitama from existence. My point was that, should Saitama hit him there's odds he'd down him will enough. Given the Surfer's actions up until that point, and what he ultimately did it'd be more than a stretch to say Cable is some Class 100+ durable dude.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Oh I'm aware, I read through the issue before posting.

I'm not contesting that Cable can't mindfrag or erase Saitama from existence. My point was that, should Saitama hit him there's odds he'd down him will enough. Given the Surfer's actions up until that point, and what he ultimately did it'd be more than a stretch to say Cable is some Class 100+ durable dude.
    That's a fair assessment, I don't know Cable's durability feats enough to comment.

Can Cable do the old Omega Level "I don't need a body" thing?

Even if Saitama can blitz can't he just hop into the astral plane or something?

That's a fair assessment, I don't know Cable's durability feats enough to comment.

Can Cable do the old Omega Level "I don't need a body" thing?

Even if Saitama can blitz can't he just hop into the astral plane or something?
    Nah, I don’t think he has Shaman Nate kinda feats of just ignoring being vaporised, continuing to operate as a psychic being then eventually creating himself a new body out of nearby air molecules (and in Nate’s case also creating a weird Freudian nightmare of a sexily-dressed facsimile of his mum, into which he basically projected his moral and ethical conscience to guide him).

Jesus Cable is crazy powerful, but Shaman Nate is just nuts.

Shaman Nate is a cool dude.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Shaman Nate is a cool dude.
    he doesn't afraid of anything

Yeah, but that also included repairing all the damage they were doing as they were doing it and flying around. At high speeds, and breaking the Surfer's board.

It also seems worth noting that I don't think either necessarily was going all out, but Cable was trying to sacrifice himself.

You could make a case that Saitama could handle all that, but it requires making a few big jumps.

1) Tornado in the webcomic can't move Saitama when he doesn't let himself be moved. His will makes him resistant to psychic energy.
    2) Tornado in the manga can fight on the sort of crazy scale Jesus Cable can.
    3) Manga Saitama also displayed some wacky anti telepathy stuff, basically detecting when other people were fighting in the Astral Plane, punching his way in, and then scaring the telepath out of it.

If you assume manga = webcomic and tk resistance scale = to resistance scale, then Saitama probably wouldn't get instantly shut down. Buuuut... The manga and webcomic have some pretty big differences at this point (I think?) And TK and TP also feel pretty different. We don't have enough proof yet to conclusively say how it works in his world.

Nu Darkseid should wreck them either way, I think. He's been established as way above My Superman at this point and wades through the collective Justice League unloading in him. Barring him being inexplicably weak to TP, I suppose.
    I don't think nu darkseid has any mental resistance feats...
    Do you think post Crisco could take either?