Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Infinite Frontier: Spoilers and Teasers

So apparently some spoilers for the Infinite Frontier one-shot #0 have leaked so I thought I’d collect them all here. Who knows if they’re real or not, but they do line up with some of the earlier rumors I remember. As always take with a grain of salt and read at your own risk:

Batman:
    spoilers:
    Joker attacks Arkham with gas. We never actually see him and it's mentioned that none of the victims are laughing, I think it might be a false flag by Scarecrow. Bane is killed in the attack.
    A billionaire named Simon Saint is trying to make the Magistrate program a thing and working with Scarecrow.
    end of spoilers
    Wonder Woman:
    spoilers:
    Amazons are fighting over who gets to be the new Wonder Woman, Hippolyta gives them a test. Nubia wins, Hippolyta gives her the crown and makes her queen before leaving to be the new Wonder Woman herself.
    Hippolyta somehow knows Yara by name, Diana has never heard of her.
    Yara left Brazil when she was a child too young to remember it, she was raised by her (deaf) aunt and (white) uncle in Idaho. As an adult she's traveling back to Brazil for the first time.
    end of spoilers
    Green Lantern:
    spoilers:
    Alan comes out of the closet.
    John and Baz are taking Teen Lantern to Oa because the Guardians want to know why she has the gauntlet.
    end of spoilers
    Superman:
    spoilers:
    Spectre has talks about Jon being unfit to be Superman, and that he could end up a tyrant, but he gets proven wrong.
    end of spoilers
    Green Arrow:
    spoilers:
    Roy is alive again, but isn't ready to tell anyone.
    end of spoilers
    Flash.
    spoilers:
    Barry is invited to join Justice Incarnate by Superman-23. Wally is the new Flash.
    end of spoilers
    Williamson doing a rehash of Johns Rebirth issue meta commentary:
    spoilers:
    There's a little speech from Diana that's clearly a shot at Didio. "For years, our lives were infected with despair. An omnipotent force from another world manipulated us as part of some grand experiment. It stole away so much. Our sense of legacy, our connections and faith in ourselves. We believed it's lies for too long. It let worse aspects of the multiverse hurt us."
    end of spoilers
    The Alpha World and The Omega World
    spoilers:
    They name the second world that's at the center of the new multiverse with the Elseworld. Earth Omega. It's described as a place of endings, where even gods die. Darkseid is back and stronger than ever, saying that all past aspects of himself have combined into one. He kills the Quintessence.
    end of spoilers

So plenty of stuff here that will please a bunch of people, and some that will get folks riled up. Same as always lol.

What about Stargirl?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Actually if this is true I’m even more excited and will definitely support this new era of DC. That sounds awesome.

spoilers:
    First the idea of Barry going off into the Omniverse with President Superman while Wally can be Earth’s main Flash is an awesome utilization of both characters without having to deny readers of either Flash.

Hooray, Roy Harper is back! Please let that be the last we hear of Heroes in Crisis!

Hooray for John Stewart and Simon Baz getting some prominence, and I like Teen Lantern being with them as it makes sense. Plus I actually kind of like her so bring her along

I’m okay with a gay Alan Scott, that kind of thing happens to people and it’s not as if I read Alan because he was a straight man. If he’s still an awesome superhero and is around the dc universe then let him be as out as he wants. Just give me Alan Scott stories.

So Hippolyta is Wonder Woman and Nubia now rules Themyscira....awesome. Seriously that’s great for Nubia, makes sense as Diana’s sister if Diana is gone she’d take the throne. All Hail Queen Nubia I say.

Jon being Jon and not doing any injustice crud is good to hear (I like injustice but as it’s own thing)

Can’t wait to see what composite Darkseid...Allseid? All Dark? Megaseid? Either way I can’t wait to see the design, and this sounds cool.
    end of spoilers

Like I say in my tag, if it’s fun and it’s cool that’s all that matters to me, and this sounds fun and cool to me.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

spoilers:
    I feel like Tynion was setting stuff up with Bane to rebuild him back, so that feels off to me, then again...gotta introduce those new anime characters.

Would the current Amazons really feel that strongly about the title of Wonder Woman? To them it's only real relevancy was that it was Diana. Do they feel like there needs to be a new Champion in Man's World? And then Nubia comes out of nowhere and wins but gets crowned queen so Hippolyta can run off to be Wonder Woman again? Huh? This is all going to look pretty silly when Diana comes back in a few months.

"Alan comes out of the closet" - well, yeah.

Roy being alive again is great, not sure why he'd keep it a secret. I hope they don't drag it out because it sounds like Ollie brings the Justice League after Wally for payback.

Isn't Barry on Bendis' Justice League? There was a preview image with The Flash in Barry's suit. Is Justice Incarnate related to the Infinite Frontier group?

Darkseid as the main Big Bad again? Aren't there some important characters in the Quintessence who appear semi-frequently?
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So apparently some spoilers for the Infinite Frontier one-shot #0 have leaked so I thought I’d collect them all here. Who knows if they’re real or not, but they do line up with some of the earlier rumors I remember. As always take with a grain of salt and read at your own risk:

Batman:
    spoilers:
    Joker attacks Arkham with gas. We never actually see him and it's mentioned that none of the victims are laughing, I think it might be a false flag by Scarecrow. Bane is killed in the attack.
    A billionaire named Simon Saint is trying to make the Magistrate program a thing and working with Scarecrow.
    end of spoilers
    Wonder Woman:
    spoilers:
    Amazons are fighting over who gets to be the new Wonder Woman, Hippolyta gives them a test. Nubia wins, Hippolyta gives her the crown and makes her queen before leaving to be the new Wonder Woman herself.
    Hippolyta somehow knows Yara by name, Diana has never heard of her.
    Yara left Brazil when she was a child too young to remember it, she was raised by her (deaf) aunt and (white) uncle in Idaho. As an adult she's traveling back to Brazil for the first time.
    end of spoilers
    Green Lantern:
    spoilers:
    Alan comes out of the closet.
    John and Baz are taking Teen Lantern to Oa because the Guardians want to know why she has the gauntlet.
    end of spoilers
    Superman:
    spoilers:
    Spectre has talks about Jon being unfit to be Superman, and that he could end up a tyrant, but he gets proven wrong.
    end of spoilers
    Green Arrow:
    spoilers:
    Roy is alive again, but isn't ready to tell anyone.
    end of spoilers
    Flash.
    spoilers:
    Barry is invited to join Justice Incarnate by Superman-23. Wally is the new Flash.
    end of spoilers
    Williamson doing a rehash of Johns Rebirth issue meta commentary:
    spoilers:
    There's a little speech from Diana that's clearly a shot at Didio. "For years, our lives were infected with despair. An omnipotent force from another world manipulated us as part of some grand experiment. It stole away so much. Our sense of legacy, our connections and faith in ourselves. We believed it's lies for too long. It let worse aspects of the multiverse hurt us."
    end of spoilers
    The Alpha World and The Omega World
    spoilers:
    They name the second world that's at the center of the new multiverse with the Elseworld. Earth Omega. It's described as a place of endings, where even gods die. Darkseid is back and stronger than ever, saying that all past aspects of himself have combined into one. He kills the Quintessence.
    end of spoilers

So plenty of stuff here that will please a bunch of people, and some that will get folks riled up. Same as always lol.
    Yeah I saw these on 4chan. I doubt anybody actually has finished copy this early or that somebody at DC leaked this on there but my two cents.

spoilers:
    Joker doing a attack on Arkham is a likely guess based on the A-day mention in Future State. I don't think Bane will be killed though. They've set up a confrontation between him and the joker and I don't see it being ended this abruptly.

The Wonder Woman description doesn't match up with what we heard in one of the Williamson interviews which mentioned Nubia finding Yara to mentor her. Hippolyta trolling the Amazons with the contest doesn't seem right either.

The Alan thing has been pretty highly tele graph ed. Not happy about this per say, but I've accepted it as something I'll just have to overlook and move on so just get it over with so we can get a JSA book again.

I don't like aged up Jon and want the age up undone so I can't care less. I also know I'm not getting it while PKJ is on the books so I'm going to stuck unhappy complaining for the next year or more at least.

I'd love if Roy was back alive (and got Lian back), but I'm not getting my hopes up.

We know that they do seem to be trying to reset Darkseid as a big bad after the end of JL Odyssey and his mention at the end of Death Metal, but I'm not believing they're going to have him wipe out the quintessence as a shocker in this. It seems a bit too quick and soon with the escalation.

What tips me off this is likely being made up is the guy claimed there wasn't any set up for a JSA series in either JSA story but there was set up for the seven soldiers in the Stargirl Story. Sorry, I don't see them keeping the JSA sidelined but doing going forward with Seven Soldiers revival at the same time.
    end of spoilers

edit: is there reason why tele graph gets swear filtered?
    Last edited by Artemisfanboy; 02-05-2021 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Yeah I saw these on 4chan. I doubt anybody actually has finished copy this early or that somebody at DC leaked this on there but my two cents.
    Some people already have the book.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Some people already have the book.

Huh? Didn't think people would have copies a month early. Seems a little weird. Maybe these are accurate leaks then? I don't know what to make of this.

I'm pretty ok with all of this, assuming they're true. i'm disappointed at yet another pointless resurrection but I'm sure the hardcore fans of the character are excited so hey, who am I to poopoo at their party. let's just hope they have something they actually want to do with the character beyond just being around for posterity sake.

spoilers:
    I'm also absolutely sure Hotspot will be back next too, right? I mean, I'm sure he deserves a resurrection since they Trayvon Martin'd him in the same massacre. they won't? oh...ok.
    end of spoilers

the Wally move makes sense considering it's Williamson steering the ship now. I can't say I'm not concerned about what this'll mean for Barry but I've already dropped Flash so meh. overall, some pretty interesting plot points being presented here.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm pretty ok with all of this, assuming they're true. i'm disappointed at yet another pointless resurrection but I'm sure the hardcore fans of the character are excited so hey, who am I to poopoo at their party. let's just hope they have something they actually want to do with the character beyond just being around for posterity sake.

spoilers:
    I'm also absolutely sure Hotspot will be back next too, right? I mean, I'm sure he deserves a resurrection since they Trayvon Martin'd him in the same massacre. they won't? oh...ok.
    end of spoilers

the Wally move makes sense considering it's Williamson steering the ship now. I can't say I'm not concerned about what this'll mean for Barry but I've already dropped Flash so meh. overall, some pretty interesting plot points being presented here.
    I know you were critical of the idea of bringing them back, but hopefully this resurrection means more new stories for that character (potentially in a new GA book) .

(And I mean, for all characters' sake, just undo all those deaths at this point).

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Honestly I think it heightens Barry a bit, I mean think about Barry’s part in the dc universe as a whole. His biggest stories Flash of two worlds, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and Flashpoint were all big multiverse and universe effecting stories. He’s not only connected to one of the biggest sources of power in the multiverse (Speed Force) but he’s constantly dealing with other forces and stuff. So this Infinite Frontier update for him is right up his alley if I’m honest.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

spoilers:
    The Wonder Woman doesn't sound particular enticing since I don't really care for Hippolyta in the JL (then again I don't care for Diana being the JL these days between Johns, Snyder, and Taylor ) but the main book will still be about Diana going from the solicits so that's really all that matters to me.
    end of spoilers

Well, the Superman portion at least sounds true enough to DC's agenda
    spoilers:
    Its all about Jon. With a tried and true cheap attempt to validate a status quo via another character.
    end of spoilers
    Hard to believe this one at least not being true.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-05-2021 at 08:42 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

spoilers:
    I'm already annoyed that it seems like Donna/Cassie will not feature in the WW story

Jon being as cookie cutter as his father seems a bit boring
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Does the book give any hints on what this threat is that wonder woman is trying to stop?

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    Does the book give any hints on what this threat is that wonder woman is trying to stop?
    spoilers:
    Darkseid kills the Quintessence so I’m guessing it’s him.
    end of spoilers
    I remember a rumor saying DC had plans to use the New Gods again, between that and the Mister Miracle Shilo Norman mini that’s coming, looks Darkseid is back in focus once more.