Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I don't have issues with the concept itself, DC hasn't always done a great job with keeping interdimensional characters relevant. also, between the two, Barry hasn't gotten to flex his powers in the same way as Wally to justify his place in these bigger scale situations. if they can make it work and make it cool, then hey, I'm in. I'm just not super optimistic.
    Personally I’m not super optimistic, I like the sound of it and I like the characters involved but it remains to be seen if it’s a good trade off, as both characters have value to each other’s fans and I don’t think one should be dismissed at the expense of the other. Both Wally and Barry and all other Flashes should be allowed to exist and shine in their own way, even if they aren’t exactly the POV character of a series.

But the thing is I refuse to be a negative or angry person over my comics. Comics for me are meant to be a fun hobby that I enjoy, like it says in my tag comics are meant to be fun and cool, and if I’m not enjoying myself there is no real point to it. So I will choose to be positive unless they explicitly do something that makes me not a happy reader like Ric Grayson or Heroes in crisis.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I kinda believe these summaries, sincee bleeding cool's recent scoops line up with them. We know Rich is apparently just spoiling that issue, so it makes they sound the same. That said, I've got a feelign the 4chan guy probably missed out on some thing or didn't get a few things right.

So I was thinking about that omega world spoiler, and honestly that’s really terrifying if you start to think about it.

spoilers:
    Because it’s not as simple as pre-crisis or preflashpoint version of Darkseid like other characters, this is a composite Darkseid made up of Pre-Flashpoint Darkseid because I don’t believe crisis on infinite earths changed him like others, then remember Grant Morrison’s “true ” who is a being in another dimension with the body as a pawn and whose death who destroy the universe, then new 52 Darkseid who killed Earth-2, fought the anti-monitor, and came back from being a baby to reign over his own section of space in Justice League Odyssey, and mixed together in the body of what he asserts to be his final form from having been put in the Dark Multiverse on an earth where he was victorious in Final Crisis and got command of the anti-life equation.

In other words, that’s really bad that all his continuity got untangled.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I feel like Tynion was setting stuff up with Bane to rebuild him back, so that feels off to me, then again...gotta introduce those new anime characters.

Would the current Amazons really feel that strongly about the title of Wonder Woman? To them it's only real relevancy was that it was Diana. Do they feel like there needs to be a new Champion in Man's World? And then Nubia comes out of nowhere and wins but gets crowned queen so Hippolyta can run off to be Wonder Woman again? Huh? This is all going to look pretty silly when Diana comes back in a few months.

"Alan comes out of the closet" - well, yeah.

Roy being alive again is great, not sure why he'd keep it a secret. I hope they don't drag it out because it sounds like Ollie brings the Justice League after Wally for payback.

Isn't Barry on Bendis' Justice League? There was a preview image with The Flash in Barry's suit. Is Justice Incarnate related to the Infinite Frontier group?

Darkseid as the main Big Bad again? Aren't there some important characters in the Quintessence who appear semi-frequently?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    that Nubia thing is probably the dumbest thing I’ve read. Why would Hippolyta vacate a throne that Diana didn’t even have to begin with to Nubia to run off and become Wonder Woman something she’s been shown not to be as big on in regards to mans world in Diana’s history. Wouldn’t it make more sense to make Nubia Wonder Woman or if your really wanting a Wonder Woman look alike to make Hippolyta the ruler of Themyscira and Wonder Woman at the same time. Nubia becoming queen honestly comes off as backhanded gesture
    end of spoilers

If Williamson really wrote that Wonder Woman quote, it's particularly amusing when Didio was the one who hired him to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    If Williamson really wrote that Wonder Woman quote, it's particularly amusing when Didio was the one who hired him to begin with.
    seems like it's more so a call out on dr. manhattan and perpetua than Didio.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    spoilers:
    that Nubia thing is probably the dumbest thing I’ve read. Why would Hippolyta vacate a throne that Diana didn’t even have to begin with to Nubia to run off and become Wonder Woman something she’s been shown not to be as big on in regards to mans world in Diana’s history. Wouldn’t it make more sense to make Nubia Wonder Woman or if your really wanting a Wonder Woman look alike to make Hippolyta the ruler of Themyscira and Wonder Woman at the same time. Nubia becoming queen honestly comes off as backhanded gesture
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I'm more concerned about them baiting Nubia fans with this and then seemingly giving Nubia dust for the next few months. I hope we get news a bout a Nubia title or something soon. She could have at least had the backup spot in Wonder Woman rather than a a story from Diana's childhood.
    end of spoilers

Bleeding Cool posted a page from IF #0 with the Shazadam thing.
    They said that Black Adam was getting a new name, when in reality it was just a civilian calling him that.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/why-...adam-shazadam/
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

BANNED

Eh, it's not uncommon for employees to hide disagreements with their superiors for a number of reasons. In fact, it seems to be very common.

Do they make Nubia into Diana's sister again? That retcon making her a normal Amazon blows!

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I don't have issues with the concept itself, DC hasn't always done a great job with keeping interdimensional characters relevant. also, between the two, Barry hasn't gotten to flex his powers in the same way as Wally to justify his place in these bigger scale situations. if they can make it work and make it cool, then hey, I'm in. I'm just not super optimistic.
    I think Williamson gave Barry some good feats, if only through the result of his intelligence and creativity than through raw power with the Speed Force.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Unless I missed something Justice Incarnate does not have a book so someone being put in that team is not a "promotion", but getting put into limbo. Honestly most of those spoiled things sound rather bad for my taste.
    Yeah, I'm not expecting them to suddenly give them a book just because a character from Earth-1 is on there. Maybe if it was a Batfamily member.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    They said that Black Adam was getting a new name, when in reality it was just a civilian calling him that.

Well, Bendis' civilians are known for making dumb comments...although, now that I think about it, Adam and Billy look way too alike lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

And Ryan Higgins, a comic shop retailer on twitter who read the issue in question, even says this is being taken out of context.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

OP Reaction: The Wonder Woman one made me laugh because what I think should've happened is the opposite.

If you read an comic written by Williamson since DiDio was fired, he takes MULTIPLE potshots at DiDio, usually through other characters used as surrogates (ie, the things that happened to the Flash family that he didn't want were all the fault of Reverse-Flash). They were clearly not on the same page, if even the same book.

Its also amusing because its in a prologue to a direction that is a direct rip off of the man's last idea. Awful as it was and still is.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

If what you guys are saying in the Spoilers is true my excitement about this latest new direction is dampened as much as all the excitement about a Green Lantern HBO Max project was dampened once I found out about the pitch.