Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Bleeding Cool posted a page from IF #0 with the Shazadam thing.
    They said that Black Adam was getting a new name, when in reality it was just a civilian calling him that.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/why-...adam-shazadam/
    That's a problem with Bleeding Cool. They have some real information, but it seems to lack context.

Not to mention that they jump conclusions.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    That's a problem with Bleeding Cool. They have some real information, but it seems to lack context.

That's Rich in a nutshell. Takes a grain of truth and runs with it to get headlines. He has good leads but his site employs tons of clickbait titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

That’s deliberate. Rich is out for the clicks, Bleeding Cool is a tabloid rag for the comics industry but it’s the only one in town.

Yeah, if Infinite Frontier is about the next chapter in the DCU, make Kyle Rayner the White Lantern again. No need to have him waste away while John Stewart, Baz, and Teen Lantern have the solo title. Hal Jordan & the GLC was a dark moment for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Yeah, if Infinite Frontier is about the next chapter in the DCU, make Kyle Rayner the White Lantern again. No need to have him waste away while John Stewart, Baz, and Teen Lantern have the solo title. Hal Jordan & the GLC was a dark moment for him.
    Living a better life now, Prime?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Living a better life now, Prime?
    Depends on DC. I won't accept anything less than Editorial catering specifically towards what I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Depends on DC. I won't accept anything less than Editorial catering specifically towards what I like.
    Always could threaten them like you did before.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    And Ryan Higgins, a comic shop retailer on twitter who read the issue in question, even says this is being taken out of context.
    And he's wrong. Not out of context at all. I provided the context. And it's not just a civilian calling him that, it's multiple civilians correcting Superman on what this famous world leader is called.

My speculation is that this was Bendis floating a balloon. And I guess he has his answer.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s deliberate. Rich is out for the clicks, Bleeding Cool is a tabloid rag for the comics industry but it’s the only one in town.
    Definitely tabloid but not out for clicks. I am on salary.
    Last edited by Rich Johnston; 02-08-2021 at 10:36 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Definitely tabloid but not out for clicks. I am on salary.
    those two things aren't really mutually exclusive...
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its also amusing because its in a prologue to a direction that is a direct rip off of the man's last idea. Awful as it was and still is.
    Isn't it complete different story? Future State is rip off, in fact, what is left of 5G. Infinity Frontier is a completely different idea.
    And a lot of people were not happy with DiDio, for which he himself is to blame, so one cannot say that such cases are something surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Isn't it complete different story? Future State is rip off, in fact, what is left of 5G. Infinity Frontier is a completely different idea.
    none of this is true.

what is true is a lot more complicated and varies from creator to creator.
    Last edited by Redjack; 02-07-2021 at 01:46 PM.

Honestly what I really like about all of this, and what is definitely getting me to buy and support this, is as Williamson said a return of sidekicks and the generational stuff.

-Damian getting his own ongoing series
    -A new school of titans trained by the New Teen Titans
    -John Stewart focused green lantern with Simon Baz along with the brand new Teen Lantern
    -Wally West back as Flash but we get to keep Barry
    -The JSA and their related characters are back in continuity
    -We got a new Batman in Tim Fox, and Yara in the present day
    -Jon Kent is still around and while still a teen is being Superboy in the present

And probably more, so yeah I’m pretty satisfied right now with how everything looks and can’t wait to read what I’m interested in the coming months.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly what I really like about all of this, and what is definitely getting me to buy and support this, is as Williamson said a return of sidekicks and the generational stuff.

-Damian getting his own ongoing series
    -A new school of titans trained by the New Teen Titans
    -John Stewart focused green lantern with Simon Baz along with the brand new Teen Lantern
    -Wally West back as Flash but we get to keep Barry
    -The JSA and their related characters are back in continuity
    -We got a new Batman in Tim Fox, and Yara in the present day
    -Jon Kent is still around and while still a teen is being Superboy in the present

And probably more, so yeah I’m pretty satisfied right now with how everything looks and can’t wait to read what I’m interested in the coming months.
    Superboy's on the Suicide Squad, so he's the only YJ rep who's covered (unless we count Naomi on the JL).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Superboy's on the Suicide Squad, so he's the only YJ rep who's covered (unless we count Naomi on the JL).
    Not quite true, Tim Drake will be in Tynion’s Batman run with Stephanie, Bart is no doubt in Flash, Cassie is rumored to be part of Wonder Woman but it will take time according to the creative team, Teen Lantern as previously said is in green lantern, and as you said Naomi is on the Justice League. So they are around, just unfortunately not high profile.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.