All-New Member

Default Looking to get reacquainted with the marvel u

So i stopped reading just after civil war happened due to personal reasons. Over the past few months I have been picking up and adding some new titles to my pull list. Right now my pull list is: daredevil, amazing spider man, new avengers, original sin. I can say I've been enjoying all of these titles so far (i cannot speak for the new avengers, i have not gotten caught up on that title yet).

I'm looking for suggestions for adding titles to my pull list. I would really like them to tie into the marvel u and to compliment what I already have. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Well let's see if I can help you a little bit.

Original Sin has a couple spin-offs coming out of it such as Winter Soldier, which will have Bucky be an assassin throughout the entire Marvel U. There will also be a new Thor, the lady Thor, who will be replacing the original Thor after he is deemed unworthy of his hammer. I think there is another one but I can't remember it right now.

New Avengers crosses over with The Avengers quite frequently. However I personally love Al Ewing's Mighty Avengers, soon to be Captain America and the Mighty Avengers. It's a really great series with a fun cast that does tie into most events, especially since it was a spin-off of the Infinity event.

Spiderman already has a bunch of Spin-offs series such as Spiderman 2099, Ultimate Spiderman, Spider-Woman, and etc. Just read any of those to be honest.

As for Daredevil... I have no idea. I'm sorry but I don't read it. I know he appears in Superior Ironman in November, maybe try that out.
    Last edited by sifighter; 08-20-2014 at 08:00 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well let's see if I can help you a little bit.

Original Sin has a couple spin-offs coming out of it such as Winter Soldier, which will have Bucky be an assassin throughout the entire Marvel U. There will also be a new Thor, the lady Thor, who will be replacing the original Thor after he is deemed unworthy of his hammer. I think there is another one but I can't remember it right now.

New Avengers crosses over with The Avengers quite frequently. However I personally love Al Ewing's Mighty Avengers, soon to be Captain America and the Mighty Avengers. It's a really great series with a fun cast that does tie into most events, especially since it was a spin-off of the Infinity event.

Spiderman already has a bunch of Spin-offs series such as Spiderman 2099, Ultimate Spiderman, Spider-Woman, and etc. Just read any of those to be honest.

As for Daredevil... I have no idea. I'm sorry but I don't read it. I know he appears in Superior Ironman in November, maybe try that out.
    Ok thanks! I thought the Winter Soldier already had an on-going title? Also, is the female thor going to be a continuation of the on-going series?

Quote Originally Posted by reuven View Post
    So i stopped reading just after civil war happened due to personal reasons. Over the past few months I have been picking up and adding some new titles to my pull list. Right now my pull list is: daredevil, amazing spider man, new avengers, original sin. I can say I've been enjoying all of these titles so far (i cannot speak for the new avengers, i have not gotten caught up on that title yet).

I'm looking for suggestions for adding titles to my pull list. I would really like them to tie into the marvel u and to compliment what I already have. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    I highly recommend you pick up the Trade paperbacks of Scarlet Spider and all the issues of New Warriors. Both are very good books. The former ended too soon IMO but is continued in the latter. I'd avoid the current run on Amazing Spider-Man until Spider-verse. Young Avengers, Amazing X-men, X-treme X-men, and Captain Marvel are also pretty good series too.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    I highly recommend you pick up the Trade paperbacks of Scarlet Spider and all the issues of New Warriors. Both are very good books. The former ended too soon IMO but is continued in the latter. I'd avoid the current run on Amazing Spider-Man until Spider-verse. Young Avengers, Amazing X-men, X-treme X-men, and Captain Marvel are also pretty good series too.
    i've been reading spiderman since the superior series, i'm definitely looking for on-going series. I'll check into amazing x-men!

If you like Daredevil, I think you would dig Matt Fraction's Hawkeye, Charles Soule's She-Hulk, and Ales Kot's Secret Avengers.

Hawkeye is ending soon, trades are readily available. The other two are ongoing series still in the single digits, easy to jump on.
    Last edited by RockyBanks; 08-21-2014 at 05:15 AM.

Incredible Member

The last six issues of Moon Knight, written by Warren Ellis, were just incredible.

I'm going to quote me from this thread: http://community.comicbookresources....-New-to-comics

-------

In the Spider-man side of things, I suggest you:

- My absolute favorite: the 2012 series of Scarlet Spider by Christopher Yost. You can immediately jump to it without previous knowledge (it explains EVERYTHING there) and from it came a duo of excellent characters: Kaine and Aracely. A great story.

- Spider-man: Brand New Day and Spider-man: Big Time. Basically the biggest arcs (besides the Gauntlet and Spider-Island) in the second volume of Spider-man after One More Day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_Brand_New_Day
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_Big_Time
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Templat...n_publications (See Storylines)

After that, it is Superior Spider-man (and the often overlooked Superior Spider-man Team-up that clears a lot of stuff) and later, the recently started Amazing Spider-man Volume 3.

- The current Spider-man 2099 series.

----

But I'm also adding Superior Foes of Spider-man (recently cancelled , but still running ), Ms. Marvel (with Kamala Khan) and Mighty Avengers.

New Warriors is still running (until issue 12) and is basically the continuation of Scarlet Spider. :P

i've been reading spiderman since the superior series, i'm definitely looking for on-going series. I'll check into amazing x-men!

Amazing X-men was written by Jason Aaron during the first 6 issues. Issue 7 was written by Kathryn Immonen.

The current writers (as of issue 8) are Christopher Yost and Craig Kyle, who started things with their Wendigo World War storyline.

Ok thanks! I thought the Winter Soldier already had an on-going title? Also, is the female thor going to be a continuation of the on-going series?
    He did, it ended about a year ago but now he's getting a brand new one in October.

I believe the new Thor will still have a lot to do with the current Thor series, especially since it's all by the same writer, however I'm betting a lot of it is going to be guessing who the mysterious new Thor is and how Thor lost his hammer in the first place.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.