Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So far the book has been pretty decompressed and now we’re already doing a crossover. I think that’s a terrible idea but I guess DC had to have a crossover somewhere.

Taylor’s run was not really a Suicide Squad book at all. He basically just created a team of his pet OCs, slapped the SS brand on them, and tried to use Harley and Deadshot to get people to care.
    I'd argue that the first two issues are a crossover as well, considering that they take place during Batman's A-day story.

As for Taylor's Squad, it was more conceptually related to the suicide squad as a kind of revenge squad but yeah by the end it was its own thing entirely.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

If a crossover is done well then we don't need to go negative just because we know it's coming.

Great personalities so far in this book.

The artist crew is really good
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Incredible Member

I've been liking the more modern Suicide Squad runs. But my only problem with them is that they kill off villains just for the sake of it. I feel like in the OG run, the deaths had some weight. Other than that I liked the new stuff.

6581409-01.jpg

One of my favorite SS issues.

Darkcrusade25 (give credit where it is due) in Conner Kent thread shared this interview with me.

https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/sui...mental-health/

But what really caught my attention is that apparently we will see the Future State Justice Squad eventually.

"Definitely, but more from a sense of timing. We are going to build our core group, the group you see in Future State, slowly. There were some bigger names that we wanted to slowly roll into the Squad as Waller pieces together her ultimate crew. So, for example, we wanted to use Bloodsport, but he fit better in our later issues than at the start. But overall, Mike, Bixie, and everyone at DC have been very supportive of the book, and, so far, nobody has been off-limits, which is great for us not so great for those characters, because not everyone is coming home from this series!"
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    I've been liking the more modern Suicide Squad runs. But my only problem with them is that they kill off villains just for the sake of it. I feel like in the OG run, the deaths had some weight. Other than that I liked the new stuff.
    I don't like that a lot of villains were created specifically for the title. One thing I liked about the older runs is that they used all villains from other books.

Good issue, the dynamic of the team is starting to come together. Still want to know what’s up with Conner though, and I hope that doing a crossover so soon doesn’t hurt the books.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Next round of DC Round Robin is open.

Preview page for Suicide Squad Seven:

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Only kinda Suicide Squad related but I just watched the first 2 episodes of Altered Carbon and Joel Kinnaman plays a Deadshotesque character really well. Makes me wish they would have casted him as Deadshot and Will Smith as Flag. In the comics I feel like only Ostrander's Deadshot was an interesting read.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Only kinda Suicide Squad related but I just watched the first 2 episodes of Altered Carbon and Joel Kinnaman plays a Deadshotesque character really well. Makes me wish they would have casted him as Deadshot and Will Smith as Flag. In the comics I feel like only Ostrander's Deadshot was an interesting read.
    I think writers struggle with Deadshot's complete nonchalant attitude. The guy could face down Superman without breaking a sweat...and kinda did with Gort, lol

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Suicide Squad BTS:

It will be the first good DC movie since 2008. Effing' 13 years

i feel that king shark is the break out character for this movie....

Been going through Ostrander SS. Its been a wild ride.

Janus Imperative is wide reaching.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i feel that king shark is the break out character for this movie....
    Dude is everywhere: Movie, games, animation, he’s likely building up quite a fanbase.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/