Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Honestly, I thought this issue of Get Joker was as big a waste as the first one. Great concept, amazingly terrible execution

Alright so let me get this right on the current status quo after the annual and the recent issue this week.

1. Waller has gone full rogue criminal, wanted by the US government with her own private island and army at her disposal (not just the squad)
    2. She's basically a multiverse villain, with her team made up of mind-wiped hostages from other earths
    3. Current target is Earth-3 aka taking on the Crime Syndicate in order to establish a "safe world"
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright so let me get this right on the current status quo after the annual and the recent issue this week.

1. Waller has gone full rogue criminal, wanted by the US government with her own private island and army at her disposal (not just the squad)
    2. She's basically a multiverse villain, with her team made up of mind-wiped hostages from other earths
    3. Current target is Earth-3 aka taking on the Crime Syndicate in order to establish a "safe world"
    Yeah, pretty much.

Synergy is largely overrated, but I'd kill for some right now

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

...I guess this is sensible plot development in the case of how Waller is currently characterized, crazy as it is to say.

Yeah he’s a straight up super villain now. The secret island base and henchmen. I’m hoping there’s a good reason behind this and not just character assassination.

It would be character assassination for Ostrander Waller, but Ostrander Waller hasn’t been a thing since Ostrander left. Waller has been a psycho since they started pushing SS again, this isn’t out of character for her at all.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Waller's characterization aside, I actually enjoyed the last two issues a lot more than the previous one.
    I'm really glad the SS's Superboy isn't the real deal. Match seems like a great fit for the team.
    Even Ambush Bug was kind of entertaining. I usually can't stand him.
    I don't get why Nocturna needed to be from another Earth. Is there anything about this version that is that different from the regular one?

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Waller's characterization aside, I actually enjoyed the last two issues a lot more than the previous one.
    I'm really glad the SS's Superboy isn't the real deal. Match seems like a great fit for the team.
    Even Ambush Bug was kind of entertaining. I usually can't stand him.
    I don't get why Nocturna needed to be from another Earth. Is there anything about this version that is that different from the regular one?
    I mean with Nocturna I guess that just means that the one on the squad isn’t the one who forced Batwoman into an abusive relationship? That way if so decide to pair up her with Match it will seem less icky....also I’m just saying this because it really seems like the creative team is teasing something between them, the whole best friend line and how she seems to care for him got me thinking that. Though I’m probably just reading into things too much.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    It sucks that Taylor really had no interest in using Boomerang. I remember him saying he wasn't added b/c the character is an offensive outdated stereotype. But I mean you're the writer, so you can do something different?
    Oh yeah, I forget Taylor is Australian. Although the only thing really stereotypical about Boomer is the boomerang gimmick, I don't think anyone sees him as representative of actual Australians.

Given that Waller is currently:
    A) So mustache-twirlingly OOC that Rick Flag has taken up arms against against her.
    B) Weirdly fixated on establishing a beachhead on Earth-3 (seriously, of all the Earths in the multiverse, the one you wanna take over is the one where, almost definitionally, nothing ever goes right?)

Is it possible that Waller has been replaced by her Earth-3 counterpart?

I mean, seriously, doesn't her current portrayal just kind of reek of "mirror universe/flipped morality" shenanigans?
    Last edited by ducklord; 09-08-2021 at 11:36 AM.

I can officially say this entire run needs to be culled from existence
    I was willing to give it a shot even though I think the book is spiraling in terms of plot
    Waller is many things but a mustache twirling villain who has gone full dictator...nonsense

If Get Joker wasn't coming out I'd say DC might have finally run the suicide squad concept into the ground

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    Given that Waller is currently:
    A) So mustache-twirlingly OOC that Rick Flag has taken up arms against against her.
    B) Weirdly fixated on establishing a beachhead on Earth-3 (seriously, of all the Earths in the multiverse, the one you wanna take over is the one where, almost definitionally, nothing ever goes right?)

Is it possible that Waller has been replaced by her Earth-3 counterpart?

I mean, seriously, doesn't her current portrayal just kind of reek of "mirror universe/flipped morality" shenanigans?
    That would make a certain amount of sense, honestly.

Bear in mind, it's not as if this is the most evil plan ever. She wants to save a planet being oppressed by an evil Justice League.

It's just that it's hard to understand why she'd care that much.

I don't understand how Waller is being OOC, she's always been a cold-hearted b**tch.
    "Fresh air is the best therapy."

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    I don't understand how Waller is being OOC, she's always been a cold-hearted b**tch.
    Well, there's being cold-hearted and tough with a sense of morality and basic ethics...and then there's not.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I'm actually really liking this series so far. Really liked the annual. Really amped things up. Haven't read the latest issue yet but loving all the action so far.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake