Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Holy crap. Was that Starro?
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    No, it's the other giant star fish villain :P

Incredible Member

James Gunn has confirmed John Ostrander cameo in the trailer

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status...ander-cameo%2F

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Yep, the Star Conqueror himself. Love that he's referred to as a "kaiju".

Astonishing Member

I am amazed at how comics accurate Starro look.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

3184015-09.jpgLove this! So moody.

Doing a look back for some of the incarnations of the Squad that I missed in print. Of the New 52 (and beyond) volumes that feature Harley Quinn, which runs are worth reading?
    I believe that I've seen Ales Kot's short run as being worthwhile and criminally short-lived, but the others were not well received....

How's Tom Taylor's run?

Any other post-Ostrander run recommended?
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-05-2021 at 09:30 AM.

I will say this, and it might be a weird comparison, but after the second issue it feels like Waller is playing a deck building game and constructing what she believes will be the perfect deck. Like this issue and the last issue is filled with no name or lesser known characters, some here probably just to die (seriously I've never heard of Mindwarp, Exit, Film Freak or Culebra) but we also see that there is character focus because Waller has Peacemaker, Talon, and Superboy (Kon) clearly as the stars of the team.

I wonder if we will get to see what Waller ultimately wants her line-up to be/if she will get it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Whenever I see a flash of Sonia Braga in the trailer for "The Suicide Squad", I wish she were playing DUCHESS instead of Sol Soria.
    But I suppose the similar role is being filled by Mongal and Duchess backstory connections would seem to be off-limits in the shadow of the Snydercut.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I hope Bloodsport joining the team isn’t just a cameo, I think he and Kon could have some interesting interactions.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I will say this, and it might be a weird comparison, but after the second issue it feels like Waller is playing a deck building game and constructing what she believes will be the perfect deck. Like this issue and the last issue is filled with no name or lesser known characters, some here probably just to die (seriously I've never heard of Mindwarp, Exit, Film Freak or Culebra) but we also see that there is character focus because Waller has Peacemaker, Talon, and Superboy (Kon) clearly as the stars of the team.

I wonder if we will get to see what Waller ultimately wants her line-up to be/if she will get it.
    We know because of Future State: She wants a JL that’s under her control basically. Kon is her “Superman”, Talon is her “Batman”, etc.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    We know because of Future State: She wants a JL that’s under her control basically. Kon is her “Superman”, Talon is her “Batman”, etc.
    Boooorriiingg

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Doing a look back for some of the incarnations of the Squad that I missed in print. Of the New 52 (and beyond) volumes that feature Harley Quinn, which runs are worth reading?
    I believe that I've seen Ales Kot's short run as being worthwhile and criminally short-lived, but the others were not well received....

How's Tom Taylor's run?

Any other post-Ostrander run recommended?
    Honestly none of them. There hasn't been a really good SS book since Ostrander. '

Taylor's run was one of those books that pushed a creator's pet character(s) over anything else. It wasn't badly written though.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Boooorriiingg

Nothing boring having a psycho trying to be controlled as wallers Batman, and Conner "freaking" Kent is always fun to write, and waller is keeping him on a leash that she shouldn't be able to hold him with, with his ties to superman and the YJ/TT teams.

I judt don't think this team should be suicide squad. I wouldn't mind this team forming then getting it's own book with a different name then SS goes back to being what it has always been
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Loved this. The 1st issue was my favorite from Infinite Frontier and this second issue continues that.

Amazing art. I really like the strong personality clashes between Waller, Peacemaker and Connor. Great action. Love the obscure villains and has some good humor. I chuckled a few times.

This is the first SS series I've picked up and I am not disappointed. I guess all it took was to get Harley out of there.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

So far the book has been pretty decompressed and now we’re already doing a crossover. I think that’s a terrible idea but I guess DC had to have a crossover somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Honestly none of them. There hasn't been a really good SS book since Ostrander. '

Taylor's run was one of those books that pushed a creator's pet character(s) over anything else. It wasn't badly written though.
    Taylor’s run was not really a Suicide Squad book at all. He basically just created a team of his pet OCs, slapped the SS brand on them, and tried to use Harley and Deadshot to get people to care.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/