Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Today’s issue was good, confirmation that the Conner in the Suicide Squad is a copy of the “real” Kon. Soy draws some beautiful fight scenes, really loved the Ultraman/Superboy fight.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Today’s issue was good, confirmation that the Conner in the Suicide Squad is a copy of the “real” Kon. Soy draws some beautiful fight scenes, really loved the Ultraman/Superboy fight.

You could almost feel thst it was possible for the SS Conner to be thr hero of earth 3 someday, because of this issue.

Can't wait for the annual
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I thought the issue was ok. Its still moving a bit slow with no clear destination but still enjoyable enough.

The best parts were with Superboy. The fight with him and Ultraman was cool. But the build up of his condition and that last page was the best.

Made me very interested in the upcoming annual.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I bought the rest of Ostrander SS. My weekend is gonna be fun.

May check out this latest squad soon.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Interview with Azz about his Suicide Squad book: https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/05/su...o-alex-maleev/

One interesting tidbit is he was going write mainline Suicide Squad at some point, but it didn’t happen. I remember Bleeding Cool saying Azz would write a Suicide Squad book with Wally West on the team, glad that didn’t happen.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Interview with Azz about his Suicide Squad book: https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/05/su...o-alex-maleev/

One interesting tidbit is he was going write mainline Suicide Squad at some point, but it didn’t happen. I remember Bleeding Cool saying Azz would write a Suicide Squad book with Wally West on the team, glad that didn’t happen.
    So glad that did NOT happen. Thankfully Wally is in good hands now.

I thought TSS was great and now I’m hoping for a spoilers:
    Bloodsport miniseries like what Peacemaker is getting. Would be cool to see the two of them have to fight each other again as well
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I thought TSS was great and now I’m hoping for a spoilers:
    Bloodsport miniseries like what Peacemaker is getting. Would be cool to see the two of them have to fight each other again as well
    end of spoilers
    The biggest surprise was how much I liked Elba, Cena and Ratcatcher II. I went in because of my love for the Ostrander SS run, Simone's Secret Six and the Kot SS run. Those 3 actors really were incredible charming in their roles. If we get a sequel I wish to see more Waller, espionage and politics, though. Like in Ostrander's run or Bourne Identity. King Shark is superior to Groot, Rocket and Drax IMHO. Sly did a great job with a character who is not as ridiculous as he should be. Maybe its about Gunn's writing... all the characters felt like they were more interesting than they should be and had cool arcs. The best DC movie since 2008's Dark Knight. Toning down the violence might be an idea... really surprising with how much they got away with.

----------

I really hope DC has plans for Ratchatcher (2). They've often squandered the potential of characters who found mainstream success.

Sebastian needs to take his spot on the Super Pets roster!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really hope DC has plans for Ratchatcher (2). They've often squandered the potential of characters who found mainstream success.

Sebastian needs to take his spot on the Super Pets roster!
    Now I share my first name with a rat. Also with a crab.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

With The Suicide Squad pretty much being the best adaptation of the team we’ve seen this far. What would you rank as the number two, three and so on?

Suicide Squad (2016)
    CW Arrow episodes Suicide Squad (season 2) and Suicidal Tendencies (season 3).
    Suicide Squad Hell To Pay
    Batman Assault on Arkham
    Task For X from Justice League Unlimited

I’d actually rate Assault on Arkham as number 2, but otherwise my list is in the same order as yours.

Ultimate Member

Task Force X had the best Waller, but Hell to Pay had the best Deadshot, and we actually had Bronze Tiger

Hmm...Task Force X probably had the most "classic" Squad feel, although I'm fond of AoA and HtP respectively.