Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    I don't understand how Waller is being OOC, she's always been a cold-hearted b**tch.
    Because a cold hearted bitch would understand that with a thousand alternate worlds, you can't save them all.

She's basically going on a private crusade to save the worst world earth known to make herself feel better.

It's not kicking dogs or eating kittens, but it is OOC and kinda dumb.

Waller has NEVER been about conquest or intentionally hurting people. She’s always been either lawful neutral, lawful good, or an anti-villain.

I absolutely loved Gunn’s Suicide Squad but I wasn’t a fan of his (and the 2016) version of Waller. Despite Viola Davis being amazing and very menacing I didn’t think they understood the character. It seems like the current comic is taking a lot of cues from the movie.

Though she now has her own Bond villain secret island hideout and her own army. Pretty damn weird. Hopefully it’s revealed that it’s actually Earth 3 Waller.

At AMBUSH BUG is finally in a book again!

We actually met Earth 3 Waller already, she’s the “good” version of our Waller
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    We actually met Earth 3 Waller already, she’s the “good” version of our Waller
    Irony thy name is Earth-3 .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Waller has NEVER been about conquest or intentionally hurting people. She’s always been either lawful neutral, lawful good, or an anti-villain.

I absolutely loved Gunn’s Suicide Squad but I wasn’t a fan of his (and the 2016) version of Waller. Despite Viola Davis being amazing and very menacing I didn’t think they understood the character. It seems like the current comic is taking a lot of cues from the movie.

Though she now has her own Bond villain secret island hideout and her own army. Pretty damn weird. Hopefully it’s revealed that it’s actually Earth 3 Waller.

At AMBUSH BUG is finally in a book again!
    I thought the best use of Amanda outside of John O was in Gail Simone's Secret Six, where she undermined and stopped Spy Smasher's attempt to seize control of DC's Savage land just on principle.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I thought the best use of Amanda outside of John O was in Gail Simone's Secret Six, where she undermined and stopped Spy Smasher's attempt to seize control of DC's Savage land just on principle.
    That's because DC doesn't bother putting great writing in their books anymore. Jury's still out on John ridley whose titles I bought but didn't have time to read

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Finally got The Suicide Squad on Blu-ray and it wasn't as fun as I remembered it from the theatre. The first half especially is pretty ugly (as in shot) and dumb but I still love the second half (pretty much everything after they get captured for going after Peter Garibaldi). Still recommended it to friends and family for a flawless second half, a talking tiburon, quirky characters in great costumes and it being a stand out among many formulaic superhero movies.