Mighty Member

Default Star Wars/Marvel crossover

So, Kevin Feige was asked if there would be a crossover between the two properties. He essentially said not likely. I would tend to agree. While it would be REALLY COOL!! and massive, it's not necessary. The creatives would have to think of a good way to justify the crossover. I mean, if it happens, great. If not, that's fine too. The only characters/group that I could see crossover with SW that makes any kind of sense would be the Guardians of the Galaxy.

It'd be a bad idea. Comics sure. Maybe even some out of continuity animation. But a movie? Just no, please...

It would basically be a surethig to make a billion dollars

Star Wars is too much of a complicated universe for it to have any kind of crossovers anyway.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Do it as a comic. I am honestly surprised that Marvel hasn’t done it already and they could create an entire event akin to Doomsday Clock around it. Maybe have Kang and multiple versions of Palpatine team up and heroes from all corners of the Marvel Universe and all eras of Star Wars need to unite.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Do it as a comic. I am honestly surprised that Marvel hasn’t done it already and they could create an entire event akin to Doomsday Clock around it. Maybe have Kang and multiple versions of Palpatine team up and heroes from all corners of the Marvel Universe and all eras of Star Wars need to unite.
    Yeah I think a comic mini series makes the most sense. The writers can do anything they want. I remember reading a Star Trek/X-Men crossover with the Captain Kirk team and it worked fine. With a film, there's a lot of logistics to figure out story characters appearing, etc. Again it would be a headache to figure everything out. With a comic, there's more freedom and the writer can make it as serious or as silly as they want. I think KF was asked because he's going to be involved in an upcoming SW project.

Jar-Jar is totally Avenger material.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I wouldn't be interested in it. It sounds something cool on paper but likely be terrible in practice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    .The only characters/group that I could see crossover with SW that makes any kind of sense would be the Guardians of the Galaxy.
    Guardians of the Galaxy far, far away?

Star Wars doesn't really deal in alternate realities, thankfully.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy far, far away?

Star Wars doesn't really deal in alternate realities, thankfully.
    I don't want to see it other than a cameo like the Howard the Duck one.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Surprised too. There was even a Star Wars/ Star Trek comic crossover and a Star Trek/ Marvel crossover. Surprising they never did Star Wars/ Marvel.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Surprised too. There was even a Star Wars/ Star Trek comic crossover and a Star Trek/ Marvel crossover. Surprising they never did Star Wars/ Marvel.
    According to Google, there's never been a Star Trek/Star Wars crossover ever (although Wookieepedia mocked one up as an April Fool's joke). That said, Star Trek has a had a long history of comic book crossovers with other franchises, and Star Wars would fit right in.

For Marvel, Star Trek did a TOS/X-Men comic, with a two part TNG/X-Men comic book and prose novel serving as a sequel. IDW incorporated Star Trek into a crossover comic book story called Infestation (which had a zombie outbreak crossing dimensions into various series that IDW was running at the time). The Kelvin Timeline movies had a couple of comic book crossovers with Green Lantern and Legion of Superheroes had a mainly TOS crossover. TOS has had crossover comics with Planet of Apes. There was a TAS/Transformers G1 comic. TNG had a crossover comic with Matt Smith's Doctor Who.

Interestingly, almost all of these used the parallel universes model (with characters from the other franchise crossing into the Star Trek universe or vice versa), except for the TAS/Transformers one, which just assumed that the two had always coexisted in the same world (albeit with the continuity and lore of the Transformers cartoon modified to fit into the Star Trek universe.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I would want to see Power Man and Iron Fist dropped into the SW universe. Luke could fight a wookie or beat up a squad of Storm Troopers with his bare hands and Iron Fist would use his Iron Fist in a match against someone wielding a light saber. Luke would feel blown away (until he settled in, which he would) and Danny would examine his use of Chi in relation to The Force. That'd be a fun one for me.