Page 101 of 175 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2622
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Hmm, Raz Malhotra is another one that leaps out at me, along with Freedom Ring (who's dead), Christian Frost and Living Lightning.

Striker/Brandon Sharpe is kind of a selfish jerk (even if he's one of my favorite from Avengers Academy, for just that reason). He'd probably be a better fit with Daken.
    Is Christian Frost still alive? Last I checked he was committed to a mental institution...

I've said it before, I nominate Johnny Storm. Some people will be upset over Johnny being revealed as bi, but they'll get over it.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    He was also part of the teen set, last we saw. Let's not have Bobby do a same-sex replay of Warren's low points.
    This is what I mean! Most of the gay and bi characters are just a bit too young for this to work and not be creepy. Heck, a few of these would actually work better for Daken simply because he's already creepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I've said it before, I nominate Johnny Storm. Some people will be upset over Johnny being revealed as bi, but they'll get over it.
    We won't be that upset. It won't really be that surprising, but at the same time, I just find them both too similar to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    We won't be that upset. It won't really be that surprising, but at the same time, I just find them both too similar to work.
    That makes sense, and I can see that as a reason why their potential relationship might fail. People need to have things in common for a relationship, but having too much in common can have the opposite effect. Opposites attract and all that.
    I think it would make an interesting brief romance though, ending in them realising they're better off as friends.
    Last edited by Crimz; 10-28-2017 at 12:37 PM.

We don't know yet if Judah will be a supporting character or a one-note. I think it is too early to just write him off. I know some will not like him just because he's not a hero and he doesn't have mutant powers (I recall all too well how fans on this site talked about Northstar's boyfriend Kyle -often referring to him as "black gurlfriend"). I think we should give Judah a chance. It is possible he will not be seen again after this story or it is possible he may be Bobby's first love and/or hookup. Maybe it will just be a crush for Bobby and will go no further (maybe Judah will have had enough of the hero life after almost getting killed in a Sentinel attack). We don't know yet.

I think from the story it seemed obvious that before the Sentinel attack Bobby was going to go back to Judah's place for some fun. I think Bobby is ready to explore. Of course when you are a mutant superhero something is always going to get in the way.

I really like this book and I hope it continues for awhile. I hope to see Iceman join one of the main X-men teams. He belongs on a main team.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    That makes sense, and I can see that as a reason why their potential relationship might fail. People need to have things in common for a relationship, but having too much in common can have the opposite effect. Opposites attract and all that.
    I think it would make an interesting brief romance though, ending in them realising they're better off as friends.
    Some characters just work better as a bromance. And I think Iceman, Spidey, and Torch all fall into that category. Just 3 bros who are really able to rag on each other. Just how I see it, but I enjoy that.

BANNED

I like the idea of Christian Frost. An underdeveloped character with ties to a QUEEN, that can be fleshed out more due to lack of history. Daken is too destructive to be long-term. Human Torch is too similar to go down that rabbit hole. Enter Christian Frost.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    I like the idea of Christian Frost. An underdeveloped character with ties to a QUEEN, that can be fleshed out more due to lack of history. Daken is too destructive to be long-term. Human Torch is too similar to go down that rabbit hole. Enter Christian Frost.
    I think it would be a good idea to make him a mutant. He has/had 3 mutant sisters after all. And it may simply have been a case of his sisters powers not working on him (the same happened to Emma with her sisters, to Banshee and Black Tom, to Cyclops and Havok), so they never found out what he could do.
    We know Cordelia is a mutant (if she wasnt depowered in M Day), but we never found out what her power was, the same may be the case of Christian.

As you all know, I'm not a huge shipper so this idea just kind of popped into my head and I'm gonna just throw it out there...

Daimon Helstrom?

Mighty Member

why not Living Lighting. He is/was an Avenger. He is already an established character and folks wont be as mad maybe.

5733536-img_1670.jpg

Astonishing Member

Pyro (who is dead) was created by Byrne as a gay Englishman, but Claremont decided to make him Australian, they fought because of that. I dont remember if Pyro ever had a romantic or sexual interest in anybody. If he were resurrected he could be made gay. And he had a hero's death. It would also be kinda symetrical, ice powers and fire powers.
    The other problem apart from him being dead, is he was drawn as quite ugly in some comics.

if you want to read more about it
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-villain-originally-gay/

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Some characters just work better as a bromance. And I think Iceman, Spidey, and Torch all fall into that category. Just 3 bros who are really able to rag on each other. Just how I see it, but I enjoy that.
    That's true, I did like the friendship between the three in the Ultimate Universe. Unfortunately the 616 versions rarely hang out as a trio, it's usually just Johnny and Peter. Bobby should hang out with them more, I think it's a byproduct of him not showing up much outside of the X-Verse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I think it would be a good idea to make him a mutant. He has/had 3 mutant sisters after all. And it may simply have been a case of his sisters powers not working on him (the same happened to Emma with her sisters, to Banshee and Black Tom, to Cyclops and Havok), so they never found out what he could do.
    We know Cordelia is a mutant (if she wasnt depowered in M Day), but we never found out what her power was, the same may be the case of Christian.
    And, here I thought Banshee and Black Tom were cousins...
    Last edited by ZNOP; 10-28-2017 at 07:04 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    And, here I thought Banshee and Black Tom were cousins...
    they are I think, but they have the mutant relative thing that makes them immune to each other's powers

from Marvel wiki
    Possible Genetic Immunity: Black Tom is highly resistant, if not immune, to Banshee and Siryn's sonic screams, and they are similarly protected from his bio-blasts; which is similar to Cyclops and Havok's sibling power defunction to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Are you flirting with me? Bring back Christian Frost!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/