Page 111 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2622
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Thing is that the MCU cares a lot about homophobic/conservative countries like China for their box office.
    Well the MCU belongs to Disney and that didn't stop the live-action Beauty and the Beast, even if Disney probably regretted making such a big deal out of a small moment that nearly caused Russia to ban it. They just wouldn't have to play up Bobby's sexuality in marketing the way they did with LeFou's.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    I'd like to see him guest-star in an FF movie or Spidey movie.
    Right? Would be so cool to see Iceman, Spider-Man, and Torch wise cracking with each other. Ultimate X-Men style .

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Right? Would be so cool to see Iceman, Spider-Man, and Torch wise cracking with each other. Ultimate X-Men style .
    Heck, I want to see that more in 616. It was one of the few great things from the Ultimate Universe.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Well the MCU belongs to Disney and that didn't stop the live-action Beauty and the Beast, even if Disney probably regretted making such a big deal out of a small moment that nearly caused Russia to ban it. They just wouldn't have to play up Bobby's sexuality in marketing the way they did with LeFou's.
    Disney didn't mention it in the marketing. The director, who is openly gay, mentioned it unofficially in a personal interview. Disney was probably annoyed with him for it. It was a literal second of two dudes dancing. So under Disney, Bobby's love life = standing next to a male extra.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 12-04-2017 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Called it! Don't wanna brag but I proposed a Batman/Catwoman-esque dynamic for Bobby/Daken pretty soon after Bobby came out. Not me influencing Marvel stories!

Eh, Bobby/Daken is probably going to be an Amerikate situation. The creators won't have any reason to discourage shipping and may even have fun playing along, but it won't be canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Eh, Bobby/Daken is probably going to be an Amerikate situation. The creators won't have any reason to discourage shipping and may even have fun playing along, but it won't be canon.
    LMAO @ this lowkey shade at Bobken shippers. We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Heck, I want to see that more in 616. It was one of the few great things from the Ultimate Universe.
    Agreed. The closest we've gotten to it in a while was Amazing X-Men #7 and nothing between Iceman and either of them since. At least Torch showed up in an issue of ASM recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Disney didn't mention it in the marketing. The director, who is openly gay, mentioned it unofficially in a personal interview. Disney was probably annoyed with him for it. It was a literal second of two dudes dancing. So under Disney, Bobby's love life = standing next to a male extra.
    Isn't that already the case with Bobby and what's-his-face?...

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Agreed. The closest we've gotten to it in a while was Amazing X-Men #7 and nothing between Iceman and either of them since. At least Torch showed up in an issue of ASM recently.
    Johnny and Peter hang out pretty often, it would be nice if Bobby was included more. I like the idea of the three original teens being best friends and hanging out often.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    LMAO @ this lowkey shade at Bobken shippers. We'll see...
    No shade intended; I don't have a stake in that 'ship. Given how Grace has written and referred to Daken so far, I just don't see it happening, or at least not this soon.

From the art preview thread:

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post

This reminded anyone of that scene in X-Force where future Logan told Logan that "if he didn't kill Daken, he would massacre the students". Looks like that's coming full circle.

Maybe Bobby catches Judah smootchin' with Daken and goes full on Apocalypse Seed mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yay for Generation X guest starring!

Of course Kitty's not supportive lol. Only when it's convenient and benefits her.

Iceman #8:

spoilers:
    As expected, the meeting with Drakes was super gross and uncomfortable. And the fact that they were inflicting their BS on a kid as well... yeah, I'm back to wanting a house to land on them. But both Bobbys showed some spine, which is good. Daken shows up too, and is definitely not prioritizing bonding time with Zach. And the issues laugh out loud moment was Judah getting a lesson in why you friggin' call ahead before you show up on the lawn on Mutant High. XD
    end of spoilers

Not my fave issue so far, but I enjoyed it. And SOOOO looking forward to next month.