Page 13 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I... think I actually like this. I said this to a friend over Skype a few minutes ago:

You know one good thing is nothing else that could come out of this?
    [7:36:54 PM] Miles: It may not, but.
    [7:37:48 PM] Miles: The implication here is that Bobby has been written like this because he has been overcompensating for something-- that he's gay-- and in the Secret Wars fallout, it's entirely possible that, well... he'll have been gay all along, without a need to keep overcompensating. Opening the gate for new, innovative, IMPORTANT storylines with Iceman to happen.
    [7:37:52 PM] Miles: Like Liu's Astonishing arc.

Well so much for spoilers.

Can we give him some times to adjust before we ship him to every other gay character in the universe. I'd like the whole thing to be natural - don't just hook up two characters, because they are both gay. People in relationships need to have more in common.

Bobby needs to find someone who share his interests...if someone has to write a new character for him to have a proper love interest, then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Yeah, not like the 05 will remain in the NXS alone. Would be the 2nd shapeshifter the Drakes have gone for :P
    Shouldn't Cloud count? She could turn into a dude.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Prior to what happened in the issue, was there any indication he was gay/bi?
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-09-2015 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post

Can we give him some times to adjust before we ship him to every other gay character in the universe. I'd like the whole thing to be natural - don't just hook up two characters, because they are both gay. People in relationships need to have more in common.

Bobby needs to find someone who share his interests...if someone has to write a new character for him to have a proper love interest, then so be it.
    >_> but this is the x-foruuuuums!-whines.-

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post

Everyone else is too old for him. And Anole and Bobby? No thanks, Bobby is cute and funny, Anole is a canon whiner. Then again, i just 'membered Amity was recruited from college, which means he's also older than Bobby ;-;

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Prior to what happened in the issue, was there any indication he was gay/bi?
    His whole relationship awkwardness is all we need.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Everyone else is too old for him. And Anole and Bobby? No thanks, Bobby is cute and funny, Anole is a canon whiner. Then again, i just 'membered Amity was recruited from college, which means he's also older than Bobby ;-;
    But not older than Bobby (Adult)!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

His whole relationship awkwardness is all we need.
    He couldn't have been that awkward... or was he?

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    But not older than Bobby (Adult)!
    D: But idk, pretty sure the NXS students know better than to play with fire. I mean, Ice

The fact it's a forum rule not to discuss sexuality and at least 2 Iceman is gay threads have been forcefully closed is sign enough.

The thing that might ruin this is Bendis deciding to do it in one issue. it'll suck if it's never brought up again. (Well not too much, all those threads will have been vindicated).

Hell, Kitty was like "Idk why i dated that foo"

OMG, BOTA had Iceboy wondering why Iceman was with Kitty, and he's like "I'm glad I'm dating a girl, but" etc.
    BENDIS HAD WARNED US!
    THE CANON IS REAL
    TYBasedBendis

PS. Just remembering how I was all shocked upon reading the comic scan. Like mouth dropped to floor shocked. I'm at work and it definitely made my Monday.
    Last edited by Mr. Brightside; 04-20-2015 at 04:56 PM.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

In recent relationships? Yes. Stuff with Opal and Lorna was never all THAT amazingly pressed on except for that they were together and liked each other. The more recent emotional anchor of the Opal/Bobby relationship is that they probably have a kid together.

It wasn't that he was "overtly girl crazy" that Jean was calling overcompensation. It was the jokester facade that Bobby has going on-- or, at least, that's how I understood it.

Bobby is just awkward period...gay or not. In a relationship or not. He masks it with humour. It comes from the way he was raised and always feeling that he couldn't live up to his father's conservative ideas of what makes a man.

I don't think he'd be any less awkward in a gay relationship - Bobby can put his foot in his mouth sometimes. Coming out as gay doesn't change a person's base personality. He's a complex guy. He said it it to Rogue himself.

Anyway, straight or gay - he and Opal were a bad fit from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by icantstandthisindecision View Post
    It wasn't that he was "overtly girl crazy" that Jean was calling overcompensation. It was the jokester facade that Bobby has going on-- or, at least, that's how I understood it.
    Bobby doesn't overcompensate, because his gay...he overcompensates, because his Bobby and feels like he needs to make up for the fact that he was younger than the others.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 04-20-2015 at 05:06 PM.

The only way it'd change a thing, the whole coming out, about how he is in a relationship is if he subconsciously self-sabotaged himself in straight relationships.

Bendis clearly spends way too much time on the X-Men Forums here.

Still, I feel bad for Iceman fans. Not like he is suddenly going to be given amazing stories and the gay thing is going to overshadow his character for a good while.

overshadow?? it's not like he's had anything else interesting happen to him in years. i think this could be a great development for his character.