Page 159 of 175 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2622

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    He had a healthy libido. I can attest to that.

It's different for everyone, so I'm not going to make assumptions about what makes one person come out at different points in their lives. I've never understood the pressure "friends" put on someone gay to come out. They need to do it on their own time and in their own way. It's their life.

Which makes what O5 Jean did all that much worse.
    She didnt put pressure on him to come out. She let him know that she knew he was gay and that she was there to support him. She flat out says its no one's business until he says so. Telepathy aside, I dont see how thats much different than a friend learning that a friend is secretly gay and doing the same. Bobby coming out was his own choice and he did so after receiving the love and support from Jean. She never once told him he had to do so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She didnt put pressure on him to come out. She let him know that she knew he was gay and that she was there to support him. She flat out says its no one's business until he says so. Telepathy aside, I dont see how thats much different than a friend learning that a friend is secretly gay and doing the same. Bobby coming out was his own choice and he did so after receiving the love and support from Jean. She never once told him he had to do so.
    She told him he was gay. He didn't reveal it to her. It's honestly one of the most villainous things anyone has ever done in a comic. Pick some personal thought from someone's head and expose it. Even in the last issue of Blue both Icemen say "jean did this" Bobby didn't get to come out on his own in a natural way.

She told him he was gay. He didn't reveal it to her. It's honestly one of the most villainous things anyone has ever done in a comic. Pick some personal thought from someone's head and expose it. Even in the last issue of Blue both Icemen say "jean did this" Bobby didn't get to come out on his own in a natural way.
    Jean found out Bobby was gay and talked with him privately to encourage him to live his true, authentic self. That's "one of the most villainous things anyone has ever done in a comic"? Seriously? The many mass murderers in comics are better than a friend nudging another friend out of the closet?

Anyway, I finally got around to reading Iceman #1 and it was boring. I want to support Iceman and Sina's writing but it's just mediocre. Sina should just go all-in and turn Bobby into a man-whore who sleeps around. Have him hook up with bears that look like Hank. It would be more realistic and interesting than this stupid storyline of "Iceman can't get laid even though he is attractive and famous."

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    Jean found out Bobby was gay and talked with him privately to encourage him to live his true, authentic self. That's "one of the most villainous things anyone has ever done in a comic"? Seriously? The many mass murderers in comics are better than a friend nudging another friend out of the closet?

Anyway, I finally got around to reading Iceman #1 and it was boring. I want to support Iceman and Sina's writing but it's just mediocre. Sina should just go all-in and turn Bobby into a man-whore who sleeps around. Have him hook up with bears that look like Hank. It would be more realistic and interesting than this stupid storyline of "Iceman can't get laid even though he is attractive and famous."
    No, Jean sifted through Bobbys mind and found out that he had feelings for men, he didn't get the chance to accept that for himself, he didn't have the chance to admit that aloud. Bobby, was still struggling, still trying to understand himself, yet jean took all that away from him when she decided that he was gay, something that he should've done himself. Yes Jean talked to him privately and whatnot, but after SHE told him he was gay, he didn't ask for her advice, he didn't ask for her to go inside his mind and tell him who he truly was. She did that on her own accord with Bobby's consent. At the end of the day its a terrible way to come out to oneself, hell he even still somewhat dislikes that she outed him. Like what she did, her actions were terrible there really is no use in trying to say otherwise cause it honestly is just ….
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    No, Jean sifted through Bobbys mind and found out that he had feelings for men, he didn't get the chance to accept that for himself, he didn't have the chance to admit that aloud. Bobby, was still struggling, still trying to understand himself, yet jean took all that away from him when she decided that he was gay, something that he should've done himself. Yes Jean talked to him privately and whatnot, but after SHE told him he was gay, he didn't ask for her advice, he didn't ask for her to go inside his mind and tell him who he truly was. She did that on her own accord with Bobby's consent. At the end of the day its a terrible way to come out to oneself, hell he even still somewhat dislikes that she outed him. Like what she did, her actions were terrible there really is no use in trying to say otherwise cause it honestly is just ….
    I liken it to other kids calling another kid derogatory gay slurs when that kid hasn't understood it themselves. Someone ELSE came to that realization before he did himself. He didn't get to do it on his own.

It was a personal and private thought. Exposing it was immoral.
    Last edited by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost; 10-08-2018 at 01:27 PM.

I doubt Jeen sifted through Bobby's mind specifically for that info. Part of Jeen's story was that she was never taught ethical use of telepathy and abused her powers. Literally everyone was mad at her at one point. She probably found one of Bobby's stray thoughts and decided to handle it how she handled it (badly).

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    She didnt sift through his head. She was a young inexperienced telepath that hadnt mastered the skill of tuning people out and its something she picked up on. She was given access to her TP years before her older self did and was still dealing with how to properly utilize it. She didnt out him. He did that himself. Its quite hilarious how people are twisting this and actually making her out to be this big evil villian when there was nothing but love and support for her to offer Bobby.

I liken it to other kids calling another kid derogatory gay slurs when that kid hasn't understood it themselves. Someone ELSE came to that realization before he did himself. He didn't get to do it on his own.

Being called gay isnt a derrogatory term, at least not in the context that Jean said it. She wasnt some mean kid on the play ground using it to demean and humilate him. The comparison doesnt work her

She didnt sift through his head. She was a young inexperienced telepath that hadnt mastered the skill of tuning people out and its something she picked up on. She was given access to her TP years before her older self did and was still dealing with how to properly utilize it. She didnt out him. He did that himself. Its quite hilarious how people are twisting this and actually making her out to be this big evil villian when there was nothing but love and support for her to offer Bobby.

Being called gay isnt a derrogatory term, at least not in the context that Jean said it. She wasnt some mean kid on the play ground using it to demean and humilate him. The comparison doesnt work her
    I disagree with you completely. What Jeen did was extremely unethical at best.

When did he do that? I don't remember him coming out before Jean confronted him.
    Last edited by Crimz; 10-08-2018 at 01:43 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I disagree with you completely. What Jeen did was extremely unethical at best.
    Unethical? She was a teenage kid, not licensed doctor or authority figure

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    When did he do that? I don't remember him coming out before Jean confronted him.
    It happened after his talk with Jean. I dont recall a scene of him outing himself but it presumably happened in the 8 month gap after SW where he was open with his teammates and started dating guys

What she did wasn't evil, it was immature and crappy. Bobby has every right to be angry with her.
    Telepaths have no right to confront people on what goes on in their mind. I think people see this as a major invasion of privacy and whatever goes in Bobby's mind is not her business.

It wasn't evil, but it did paint teen Jean in a negative light.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Bobby clearly knew he was gay. It wasn't a surprise to him when Jean mentioned it.

I would compare Jean's actions to borrowing a friend's computer or phone and finding suggestive gay images. And then talking with the friend privately about it. She didn't email the entire school or "expose" anything. She talked to him as a friend. Yes, it's awkward and uncomfortable, but it's not the worst thing in the world. I've had the exact same conversations with friends (from both sides of being in the closet and helping others out of the closet). Jean also had the benefit of seeing Adult Bobby and how he was still deeply in the closet, so she could literally see his future.

Also, it's not even close to the worst thing that a telepath had done in the X-men canon. There are many, many worse examples (Professor X is notorious for bad telepathic behavior).

Bobby clearly knew he was gay. It wasn't a surprise to him when Jean mentioned it.

I would compare Jean's actions to borrowing a friend's computer or phone and finding suggestive gay images. And then talking with the friend privately about it. She didn't email the entire school or "expose" anything. She talked to him as a friend. Yes, it's awkward and uncomfortable, but it's not the worst thing in the world. I've had the exact same conversations with friends (from both sides of being in the closet and helping others out of the closet). Jean also had the benefit of seeing Adult Bobby and how he was still deeply in the closet, so she could literally see his future.

Also, it's not even close to the worst thing that a telepath had done in the X-men canon. There are many, many worse examples (Professor X is notorious for bad telepathic behavior).
    Yeah, telepathically making a bunch of inexperienced young mutants think they were properly trained for a mission and sending them to their deaths while erasing their existence away to cover this up kinda trumps teen Jean here

Yeah, telepathically making a bunch of inexperienced young mutants think they were properly trained for a mission and sending them to their deaths while erasing their existence away to cover this up kinda trumps teen Jean here
    The issue I'm sure a lot of people are having is that the scenerio you're describing cannot happen in the real world.

However, finding out someone is gay, then outing them before they're ready, is something that happens every day in our world, and often ruins lives. It's worse because it's something that could actually happen.

It's like asking what's worse: an uncle beating you with a belt for years, or a space emperor using a doom laser to blow up the sun? One of those can be based in reality, one cannot.

Well, having your friend read your mind and tell you you're gay doesn't happen either.