Page 98 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2622
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Anyone knows if he's into asian tattooed psychos?
    I mean, look at him. If Daken could actually maintain the superheroics and stop with the manipulation and such, then I'm sure he could be a great partner. We've seen he's not always a total sociopath, and he's had tender moments when interacting with Laura Kinney & Johnny Storm for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I'll die of boredom if Bobby and Judah become the new Northstar and Kyle.
    I really don't want the first guy that comes along to be his partner in the coming years. Bobby can do better, and there are certainly more interesting options out there. Hercules, Daken, Living Lightning and Christian Frost all come to mind, and I'm sure I could think of more.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I mean, look at him. If Daken could actually maintain the superheroics and stop with the manipulation and such, then I'm sure he could be a great partner. We've seen he's not always a total sociopath, and he's had tender moments when interacting with Laura Kinney & Johnny Storm for example.
    It's unsurprising that many of Daken's softer and more likeable moments come from an actual Asian writer like Marjorie Liu while his OTT 2D evilness comes from white (usually straight and male) writers. It's for that reason why I don't pay much heed to vilification of men of color in X-Books (Bishop being another example) and don't take such incidents as the gospel truth when it comes to characterisations.

Anyways, Secret Wars was meant to erase any unwanted developments, so unless specified otherwise, I'll just assume SW deleted Daken's more depraved behaviour. Bring him to Catwoman level of moral ambiguity (maybe with a little more edge) and that's perfect, both for him as a character in his own right and as a potential romantic option for Bobby.

I really don't want the first guy that comes along to be his partner in the coming years. Bobby can do better, and there are certainly more interesting options out there. Hercules, Daken, Living Lightning and Christian Frost all come to mind, and I'm sure I could think of more.
    I trust Sina Grace enough now to know he won't go down the bland and uninspired Kyle route when it comes to Bobby's boyfriends. I'm sure the future will throw up exciting twists and turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I don't see why this is unfortunate. Personality wise, Bobcules would have been cute but ultimately milquetoast. And the thirster fantasy would have remained mostly just that. A fantasy. Fanon is where this pairing gets to truly... er, shine anyway. A toast to Mr. Grace for making the right decision.
    It's not my "dying on this hill, thx" pairing, but some folks are fans of it. But, honestly, I doubt we're going to get anything spicy wrt Bobby's love life, no matter who it turns out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I hope not. Not only is it too soon in my opinion, but Judah isn't really the ideal partner for Bobby. At least from my perspective. He's the first, but I'd be disappointed if he was the one and only. While Hercules & Daken might not be a perfect fit either (depending on who you ask), I'm sure there are better options out there. Hell, even Living Lightning, who's coming back in No Surrender, would be a more interesting choice.
    I suspect that, like Zach, Judah's going to be a character whose less important in his own right than he is as a learning experience for Bobby. I wouldn't be surprised if things do move faster than Bobby's ready for, though. Judah was pretty pushy, and the solit for issue #9 mentions Bobby packing his bags for L.A. So maybe he does let his infatuation get the better of him (especially in the wake of more family drama) and does/nearly does something he hasn't thought through.

I'd be OK with Judah vanishing at the end of this run (or even the Legacy arc). I like superhero/civvie relationships, but it works better with some characters than with others. One reason I like Northstar and Kyle is because they gel well thematically, given that Northstar has always considered superheroics an intrusion on his actual life. He drops in on the X-Men and Alpha Flight, but he lives outside of the spandex bubble. That's not so much Bobby. X-Men, Defenders, Champions... no matter what happens, he always drops having a life outside of it all and finds his way back onto a team. Being a hero is his calling, and his contact with folks outside of that aspect tends to be pretty tenuous. Daken, Herc, Miguel, Johnny, etc. could be a part of that without a lot of compromise.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 10-23-2017 at 11:23 AM.

I think you guys didn't got my Daken comment LOL.

Preview posted by Paniccia on his twitter:

So I noticed that Amazon has listed the Iceman Vol. 2 TPB for a May release, and the description says it collects issues 6-10. Just thought I'd point that out.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    So I noticed that Amazon has listed the Iceman Vol. 2 TPB for a May release, and the description says it collects issues 6-10. Just thought I'd point that out.
    Not surprised. But I guess we'll know for sure when next month's solits hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Not surprised. But I guess we'll know for sure when next month's solits hit.
    Yup, makes sense. Beyond that, who knows what's going to happen until next month.

Only 10 issues? Come on Marvel!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Only 10 issues? Come on Marvel!
    If it's only ten issues that means it ends in February with the conclusion of the younger vs older Bobby story....

Or maybe it means it will get at least 5 more issues for another trade? Each one has been 5 issues so far, so maybe.

It's low on sales but it seems Marvel gives more room for niche titles to grow. It also seems to do well digitally and that saves a lot of the niches titles.

The Revolution begins the moment Iceman's solo ends and America's is still printing.

I'll have pitchforks and assorted silly string canisters for all mob attendees. BYO torches, y'all.

Thank you.

BANNED

I'd be happy with 5 more issues (15 total) and then if it ends, it'd be in time for Uncanny with Jean.

My only wish is that they wait for the first trade to get released before making a decision on cancelling it. It's not a definite thing but if the trade does well they may give it a few more issues.

Well, the first trade was originally 1-4 early on and then it was changed to 1-5. I'm guessing that meant they would do two trades of 5 issues. But who knows.

Spectacular Member

Just read the first 5 issues. Don't have much X-Men reading experience (currently following this, Old Man Logan and Astonishing X-Men, wanna try All-New Wolverine) but this made me want a Sina Grace X-Men book. Great combination of humor, social anxiety, etc and really gave me the feels. I added it to my pull list a while back starting with issue 6. Looking forward to the next arc (and hopefully more...).