Page 161 of 175 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2622

I had an idea for my new Avatar and Beetle was kind enough to follow through. And it is ASTONISHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I gave it a shot, not the greatest but it was fun to make.

And here is the avatar
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Random question.... but did Chris Claremont ever state why he didn't really use Iceman in his run or his thoughts on the character?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Not counting the Return of Wolverine oneshot, Iceman #1 was the 2nd best selling X-book of September at ~39k. I wouldnt be surprised if it gets a third volume

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not counting the Return of Wolverine oneshot, Iceman #1 was the 2nd best selling X-book of September at ~39k. I wouldnt be surprised if it gets a third volume
    Maybe. I believe I read somewhere (please don't ask where, as I don't remember) that Marvel shipped extra copies of Iceman #1 , the same way that the first issue of Rosenberg's Astonishing X-Men was. We'll probably have to wait for the second issue to see what sales are going to be really like for the series.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if Iceman got a third volume based on trade paperback copies sold, the same way that this latest Iceman mini was allowed to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Random question.... but did Chris Claremont ever state why he didn't really use Iceman in his run or his thoughts on the character?
    My guess is he hated him or was bored with him. Which angers me to no end, but it's ice-water under the bridge, I guess.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Someone will need to ask him that directly. Iceman got snatched up for Champions pretty quickly after he left in UXM #94 by the time he was free again I guess he saw no need for him since the crew at the time was pretty popular. Claremont didn't even use Angel long. Claremont did give him some guest-star roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Someone will need to ask him that directly. Iceman got snatched up for Champions pretty quickly after he left in UXM #94 by the time he was free again I guess he saw no need for him since the crew at the time was pretty popular. Claremont didn't even use Angel long. Claremont did give him some guest-star roles.
    Beast was an Avenger yet he used him often and as you mentioned, he added Angel (who was a Champion) with Bobby. Claremont didn’t use Bobby at all when he returned years later for Revolution. I always got the impression he didn’t like him

Claremont used Iceman in that Arcade story, he even showed us him in college.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

There’s also that Classic X-Men issue where Bobby is just the worst. I wouldn’t be surprised if Claremont never liked the character.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Claremont used Iceman in that Arcade story, he even showed us him in college.

Crossovers aside, that was the only time, not counting the editorial mandated 90s relaunch. Did he even have him as an X-men in Forever?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Beast was an Avenger yet he used him often and as you mentioned, he added Angel (who was a Champion) with Bobby. Claremont didn’t use Bobby at all when he returned years later for Revolution. I always got the impression he didn’t like him
    Ha Ha. I ain't gonna lie that plus the fact that Bobby was portrayed as very hostile to the All-New team (I'm too lazy to steal the scan from supermegamonkey right now) does make it look like he wasn't a fan of Bobby.

Crossovers aside, that was the only time, not counting the editorial mandated 90s relaunch. Did he even have him as an X-men in Forever?
    Nah. Although a lot of the X-Men who were supposed to be full-timers in Forever (like Betsy) don't show up.

The only other time Claremont writes him was the brief stint when he had to carry X-Factor but I think those issues were Cyclops-centric (when baby Nathan leaves).
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 10-16-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    There’s also that Classic X-Men issue where Bobby is just the worst. I wouldn’t be surprised if Claremont never liked the character.

To be fair, original run Bobby was pretty crappy.

Hadn't Claremont said somewhere that he had found Bobby to be boring or was that someone else?

I don't think he did use Bobby in Forever, but he did use him int The End.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I don't think he did use Bobby in Forever, but he did use him int The End.

Thanks. Its okay if CC didnt care for him as all writers have their favorites and non-favorites. His lack of interest in Bobby compared to the other O5 always stood out to me. I guess it was for the best that his writing for Bobby was very limited so he couldnt do much damage