Page 1 of 175 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Bobby Drake: Iceman Appreciation 2018

Iceman's my all-time favorite character of anything. I miss him and Kitty being a couple, and I was so glad to see there's a future where they have a son together. I love that Mike Carey and Jason Aaron have expanded on his powers more.

Good to see his thread back up and running again!

I have a question for you guys. What sort of role for the X-Men would you like to see Bobby evolve into going forward? I kind of see him doing well as a reluctant mentor. I mean, he's been through his own crisis with responsibility and growing up, so it seems he'd be very well suited to helping the younger generation come to terms with coming of age, at least in my opinion. (I'm also referring to the older version here.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tonamelt View Post
    One question: Is this an adult Iceman's appreciation thread? or an O5 Iceman's?
    I would say it's for both/all. There was an appreciation thread on the old forum for the 05 All-New team, but it didn't really take off. You'll find most fans in the appreciation threads follow multiple incarnations of the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Good to see his thread back up and running again!

I have a question for you guys. What sort of role for the X-Men would you like to see Bobby evolve into going forward? I kind of see him doing well as a reluctant mentor. I mean, he's been through his own crisis with responsibility and growing up, so it seems he'd be very well suited to helping the younger generation come to terms with coming of age, at least in my opinion. (I'm also referring to the older version here.)
    I'd like that. I think a mentor relationship would be good for Bobby's evolution as a character. He did some of that back when he was in X-Factor and it did seem to suit him quite well, sort of the "older brother" figure. Marvel made the character so much of a jokster for a while there the role wouldn't have really suited, but they seem to have dialed that down a bit.

I must say I like the adult Bobby immensely. I kinda took to him in his Astonishing days, I really like the boost of his powers. He is capable of so much, really.

Not my favorite X-character to be honest. Yet written poorly for the longest time imo. They kept the character as a goofy joke cracking character for way too long. Only recently have they started writing him properly. Showing how powerful and versatile the character can be.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    Not my favorite X-character to be honest. Yet written poorly for the longest time imo. They kept the character as a goofy joke cracking character for way too long. Only recently have they started writing him properly. Showing how powerful and versatile the character can be.
    Glad you've noticed the gradual change in his character over the recent years. This is something we diehard fans have been wanting for the longest time. Although I do give credit to Lobdell for giving him a bigger role on the team with Zero Tolerance and Legion Quest, I think his bigger rise to fame was with Mike Carey, Remender, Yost, Liu and Bendis. All of them have done and exemplary job of boosting his confidence, and changing the tone of his humor down to sight gags like The Thing puppet, and the giant Voltron battle armor. Even his verbal humor has been toned down a bit to a more sarcastic and medium hearted shtick to fit the tone of the situation without him coming off as being an insensitive jerk.

I like the character and his powers, but the only things where I can really recall him having any importance were OZT, X-men Forever mini, and recently Icemapocalypse. Actually, when he is not written by Lobdell, I usually dislike him, which is a shame.

Well here we go again Ice Brothers! Let's keep it cool!

I really hope Bobby gets his own group of New Mutants one day and be Professor Ice or maybe get to lead an X-Men team or an Avengers team, something!

I want them to focus on what Lui did with him. That was the best Iceman story in a long time.

BANNED

Mystique acknowledging Iceman's God-like powers.

Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-09-2015 at 03:01 PM.

BANNED

Sinister Iceman squashing Hiro like a bug.

Getting his ass whooped, but makes a stellar comeback.

Takes down Legion momentarily when none of his other team mates could.

BANNED

Iceman grows over 100 stories high to defeat Y'Mir.

O5 Bobby almost discovers that he can create sentient beings made of ice.

All-New X-Men #22. Young Bobby likes Run-D.M.C.

...And he didn't know Laura's name. All-New X-Men #26

BANNED

Bobby and Kitty troll Wolverine:

Rogue discovers there's no mind or powers to take over with Ice Golem. Shortly after, Ice Golem gets a psionic mace from Psylocke across the head.

Last edited by ProfeZZor X; 05-01-2014 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loudlysilent View Post
    What issue is this? Love it!
    World War Hulks :Spider-Man vs. Thor #01-02

I don't know if it was from issue 1 or 2. It was part of the Hulked Out Heroes storyline a few years ago. Cyclops and Iceman were two of the heroes affected, and they got a two-part, two-issue backup feature in the Spidey/Thor mini that cut between them in the present and altered by gamma radiation, and their early days together in the X-Men.