Page 162 of 175 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2622

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not counting the Return of Wolverine oneshot, Iceman #1 was the 2nd best selling X-book of September at ~39k. I wouldnt be surprised if it gets a third volume
    Diamond Sales puts it a tad below 37K but that's still a solid increase over the debut of the first volume last year which couldn't even crack 30K. Those TPB sales seem to have definitely helped boost interest.

Thanks. Its okay if CC didnt care for him as all writers have their favorites and non-favorites. His lack of interest in Bobby compared to the other O5 always stood out to me. I guess it was for the best that his writing for Bobby was very limited so he couldnt do much damage
    He barely used Angel either. Had to radically change Jean. His Beast use was sparring, all things considered.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    He barely used Angel either. Had to radically change Jean. His Beast use was sparring, all things considered.
    He brought Warren and Beast back for the DPS (all the O5 were there except Bobby). Beast was used in the Magneto arc earlier and Warren actually did join the team. He used Beast and Jean in the late 80s when the X-men were disbanded for the Morlock story. All living O5 members were Revolution cast members except Bobby

He brought Warren and Beast back for the DPS (all the O5 were there except Bobby). Beast was used in the Magneto arc earlier and Warren actually did join the team. He used Beast and Jean in the late 80s when the X-men were disbanded for the Morlock story. All living O5 members were Revolution cast members except Bobby
    Well I guess he just didn't like him, then! When you have Kurt and Ororo, though, what good was Bobby? [back then, Bobby's come a long way since Claremont's first run, since his last runs too]

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Diamond Sales puts it a tad below 37K but that's still a solid increase over the debut of the first volume last year which couldn't even crack 30K. Those TPB sales seem to have definitely helped boost interest.
    I wouldn't get too excited about the sales just yet. According to comichron, Marvel offered free overship on Iceman 1, which supposedly doubled its orders. We'll have to wait for issue 2 sales to really be sure...

Bobby is touching Alex's butt in this panel

Bobby is touching Alex's butt in this panel

Ha ha ha.

Back when Alex was much more appealing too.

Just thinking (typing?) out loud here, but I never really liked it when artists would make Bobby translucent when Iced up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Just thinking (typing?) out loud here, but I never really liked it when artists would make Bobby translucent when Iced up.
    I like it. It shows he's actually turning into ice, not just sheathing himself in an ice layer.

Ha ha ha.

Back when Alex was much more appealing too.

I like it. It shows he's actually turning into ice, not just sheathing himself in an ice layer.
    IA with Yoga. This is how it should be. Mikhail showed him that he could turn himself into ice and thats when he first started going translucent but of course its been inconsistent since then

Meh.
    Glass?? SURE.
    ICE? I can't see perfectly through ice -- be it a sculpture or a cube. Its tends to be foggier than say, looking through glass.
    Last edited by Fokken; 10-17-2018 at 08:14 AM.

Meh.
    Glass?? SURE.
    ICE? I can't see perfectly through ice -- be it a sculpture or a cube. Its tends to be foggier than say, looking through glass.
    The clarity of ice has to do with the perfection of its crystallization due to the quality and nature of the water it forms from. River ice, for example, is clear and strong, while tap water ice can be cloudy and brittle.

As a master of ice, Iceman should be clear.

The clarity of ice has to do with the perfection of its crystallization due to the quality and nature of the water it forms from. River ice, for example, is clear and strong, while tap water ice can be cloudy and brittle.

As a master of ice, Iceman should be clear.
    yeah, not all ice is cloudy

BANNED

His ice form should clear up as he comes into his own as a gay man. It could be like a metaphor or something.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    I wouldn't get too excited about the sales just yet. According to comichron, Marvel offered free overship on Iceman 1, which supposedly doubled its orders. We'll have to wait for issue 2 sales to really be sure...
    This is true: BoundingIntoComics.com, Comic Book Shop Owners Get Double Shipment of Marvel’s Iceman... unfortunately, and made me a l'il sad. Real numbers were probably closer to & slightly less than MMX #3 or Dom #6, so around 20K. Oh well, it is what it is, I guess.

Two things from #2 that I liked, and forgot to mention in its discussion thread, were:

Emma:
    I'm aware of how sensitive such things are for you pretty white boys, yes. ...
    ... lol, AND...

Bobby's phone:
    ... Your preorder for Dazzler's new single is now available for download!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 10-17-2018 at 08:42 AM.

HA HA HA and this is why I love love love these message boards. I'm getting schooled on ICE.

Thanks gang. Sincerely. I am not team transparency.