Page 165 of 175 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 2622

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    And neither has Surfer been for Iceman and vice versa
    Not "in place of" (as far as I know), but they have more potential to be used separately from their respective franchises in larger MU merch/media, which might cause confusion.

Anyway, I'm not an artist but I just want a look that differentiates them substantially. If someone can pull it off even with a translucent look for Bobby, then more power to them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Agreed. Probably the best work anyone had done with Bobby since Lobdell was on the X-Books...
    Underrated & undervalued creative contributor to X-canon overall, IMO, who really did right by the Iceguy:

... and forged many fond memories, for me personally.

BANNED

Why blond though? The whining would have been ceaseless if a female cosplayer had gotten hair color wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Why blond though? The whining would have been ceaseless if a female cosplayer had gotten hair color wrong.
    the Amazing Friends cartoon Bobby was blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    the Amazing Friends cartoon Bobby was blonde.
    Only because they couldn't get Johnny for the show (Also the reason why Angelica exists and looks so similar to Mary Jane). Cheap ass 80's Filmation couldn't be bothered changing character designs even if they didn't actually have the characters!

He was also blond in the movies, so I think a lot of the confusion comes from that too

BANNED

Pretty sure he's been shown as having blonde hair in the comics at times, too, here & there. He was also depicted that way in the WatXM animated series. And IDK, figured he might've been made blonde in AF, to contrast him with Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    He was also blond in the movies, so I think a lot of the confusion comes from that too
    Not blond blond tho

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Pretty sure he's been shown as having blonde hair in the comics at times, too, here & there. He was also depicted that way in the WatXM animated series. And IDK, figured he might've been made blonde in AF, to contrast him with Peter.
    Probably both this and what I said. AF was originally supposed to star the three dudes with MJ as the lead female but when they couldn't get the rights to Johnny, they decided to make the 'fire' character into a woman with MJ's features and yes, since there was no blond leading guy on the show any more but two brown-haired boys, I guess it made sense to use Johnny's features for Bobby.

Forgot about WatXM. Yeah, that one I can see Bobby getting blond/blue eyes to stand out from Scott, Kitty etc.

I consider Bobby to be dark blonde/light brown. Darker than Warren, but lighter than Scott or Hank's natural color.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    616 Iceman

Ultimate Iceman

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    bc the person has/had blonde. Not everyone is gonna change their hair color for one cosplay and Bobby has canonically been blonde in the books and other adaptations

Last edited by Havok83; 10-21-2018 at 10:10 AM.

bc the person has/had blonde. Not everyone is gonna change their hair color for one cosplay...
    Don't really care but was making an observation about how people would throw a fit if it were a woman cosplaying, branding her everything from "fake fangirl" to much worse.

bc the person has/had blonde. Not everyone is gonna change their hair color for one cosplay and Bobby has canonically been blonde in the books and other adaptations

was there ever a resolution with Mystique over the fling that they had together?