View Poll Results: Who is the 4th Pillar?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aquaman

20 20.00%
  • Flash (Barry Allen)

26 26.00%
  • Flash (Wally West)

7 7.00%
  • Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

11 11.00%
  • Green Lantern (John Stewart)

3 3.00%
  • Harley Quinn

11 11.00%
  • Robin (Dick Grayson)

20 20.00%
  • Other

2 2.00%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Ooh interesting I didn't expect Barry to lead
    He's never that popular where I'm from
    People know Flash of course but it doesn't matter who's under the costume

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Ooh interesting I didn't expect Barry to lead
    He's never that popular where I'm from
    People know Flash of course but it doesn't matter who's under the costume
    I chose Barry but I think either Barry or Wally could fit, Barry is just the one in the spotlight right now.

In some ways I think it's fitting that the 4th pillar be a legacy hero. I know arguments for Aquaman include that he's been the same guy forever, but DC is famous for its legacy heroes, and Barry and Wally (in their own different ways) exemplify that. One gave birth to a new era in comics & helped create the multiverse, and the other grew organically into the role of his mentor over the course of several decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    I mean, if a very (very) important guy from DC says it, even if people disagree... I mean, unlike any other, they know their stuff. I do think it should be Arthur, but right now it's probably Harley in terms of raw popularity. Fans love her in her movies (she'll soon have three! Three in 5 years!!), she has her own series, everybody loves cosplaying as her... it's inevitable. I don't complain that much, I love her, it's just that I prefer Arthur on that spot haha
    BOP seems to say the contrary since it was a big flop. She is forced on people yes, that makes her popular with a targeted audience and just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I chose Barry but I think either Barry or Wally could fit, Barry is just the one in the spotlight right now.

In some ways I think it's fitting that the 4th pillar be a legacy hero. I know arguments for Aquaman include that he's been the same guy forever, but DC is famous for its legacy heroes, and Barry and Wally (in their own different ways) exemplify that. One gave birth to a new era in comics & helped create the multiverse, and the other grew organically into the role of his mentor over the course of several decades.
    I agree that Flash has the best claim at the moment for the 4th position, but that he created the multiverse etc is only stuff comic readers know. Just as non comic fans can't distinguish between barry or wally, I doubt they even know there are two Flash.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    No it has nothing to do with allowing sales to tank, It was due to a path the last run took and proved unpopular. Aquaman is gonna be back as Williamson confirmed it and he was offered the book but had to turn down the offer because he had his plate full. So that contradicts that they don't give Aquaman to their best writers. And Williamson said that many writers are interested in the book, they are just looking at which take is ideal and can work out better.
    Aquaman is still not that much of a money maker in comics. They are gonna make some money off Batman spin offs and then Aquaman would have a new writer.

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    Aquaman is still not that much of a money maker in comics. They are gonna make some money off Batman spin offs and then Aquaman would have a new writer.
    Again, Williamson is saying the contrary to what you are claiming. The fact that DC offered the book to one of their best writers, says the opposite to what you say. With all respect, Williamson is more credible and he had no reason even to mention he was offered the book. The reasons mentioned besides that, make sense, useless to have a book for the sake of having one, when if you wait a couple of months you can have a much better one.

Further if Aquaman is not a money maker and they are gonna make money of Bat spin offs, than certain titles that have an ongoing currently, goes against that logic, because those titles had sales nearly on par with Aquaman.

The later had low sales mainly due to the last run not being embraced by fans and despite I liked it, I don't deny that many had valid reasons for that.
    Before that, Aquaman since N52 was continuously published, with sales varying from very decent to big ones. Again that contradicts your claims.

BOP seems to say the contrary since it was a big flop. She is forced on people yes, that makes her popular with a targeted audience and just that.
    When did I say anything about money? Suicide Squad made money too, and while people in general didn't like the movie, Margot Robbie was praised. Then, in the BoP movie it happened the same thing, in general, audiences and critics alike praised the acting and liked the movie. That's why she's having another one. It's not forced, it's simply that people love the character and Robbie is a great actress. There's nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    When did I say anything about money? Suicide Squad made money too, and while people in general didn't like the movie, Margot Robbie was praised. Then, in the BoP movie it happened the same thing, in general, audiences and critics alike praised the acting and liked the movie. That's why she's having another one. It's not forced, it's simply that people love the character and Robbie is a great actress. There's nothing wrong with that.
    wait, Robbie being praised is one thing, the movie being popular is another. That people love the character, Yes a segment does, but she is equally hated as few other characters around.
    She gets pushed by DC because she reaches a particular demo.
    If BOP movie was liked, it wouldn't be a flop, to an extent that WB aren't even considering a sequel.
    Even Shazam had a better box office than BOP.
    BOP unlike Suicide Squad was more about HQ

As for suicide squad 2, lets hope it does well, I always want DC movies to do well.

wait, Robbie being praised is one thing, the movie being popular is another. That people love the character, Yes a segment does, but she is equally hated as few other characters around.
    She gets pushed by DC because she reaches a particular demo.
    If BOP movie was liked, it wouldn't be a flop, to an extent that WB aren't even considering a sequel.
    Even Shazam had a better box office than BOP.
    BOP unlike Suicide Squad was more about HQ

As for suicide squad 2, lets hope it does well, I always want DC movies to do well.
    Most casual fans don't hate Harley, a vocal minority of comic reading one's do but not the average person on the street. Batman and Joker are hated by a lot of hardcore fans you'll find on forums like this but they're still easily 2 of DC's most popular characters. Arguably DC's 2 most popular characters.

Btw, most of your posts in this thread are essentially saying the same thing over and over. You repeatedly mention Harley being hated, BOP flopping and which characters are and aren't well liked according to people you've met outside the US. We all get the point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Most casual fans don't hate Harley, a vocal minority of comic reading one's do but not the average person on the street. Batman and Joker are hated by a lot of hardcore fans you'll find on forums like this but they're still easily 2 of DC's most popular characters. Arguably DC's 2 most popular characters.

Btw, most of your posts in this thread are essentially saying the same thing over and over. You repeatedly mention Harley being hated, BOP flopping and which characters are and aren't well liked according to people you've met outside the US. We all get the point.
    I think Bats & Supes are DC's two most popular characters. Harley is not that popular to the point that she can carry a movie. But she "is equally hated"? I dont find that claim to be true when casual movie goers dont really care that much. They just know that she was Joker's crazy lackey and thats it.

Batman is not the most liked on this forum by his recent comics but the guy has various potrayals across different mediums and decades of publishing history. Most people will remember the most popular potrayals of the guy rather than nickpicking a few comic pages of him showing his worst traits. Joker has a hit movie but the Joker in that movie was a more sympathetic character that was not full on villain for most of the movie. In comics they still need Joker for big events because he draws sales even though they run out of storylines for him as a villain agaisnt Batman.