Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm tired of DC redeeming all their good female villains. Let some of them stay bad, dammit!
    Well her reason for being a villain is pretty much paper-thin from an in-universe PoV. If I was writing her I'd not write her as someone who is always "nice" and leave openings for her to be an antagonist if the situation calls for it. But... not a full-on villain. Let's face it she already helped Superman save the world at least once

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I feel like Anvil could be a better name for Natasha Irons. That way we don't erase from the Metal Men (although John Henry Irons as "Steel and the Metal Men" is quite cool to me).
    Unless you want her image to be Looney Tunes I don't recommend it because there are two things that I imagine when I heard anvil. Blacksmiths or Wile E. Coyote

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Unless you want her image to be Looney Tunes I don't recommend it because there are two things that I imagine when I heard anvil. Blacksmiths or Wile E. Coyote
    Yes, it's because of blacksmiths. I think it fits the aesthetic of John Henry Irons and her. He's the hammer that strikes, she is the Anvil it lands on.

I’d go with the name “Mastersmith”. That way we get a black hero who doesn’t have “black” in the name
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Nobody here has suggested a name with "black"

Something with IRON or STEEL in it, for Natasha, for me
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Nobody here has suggested a name with "black"
    BLACKsmith.
    Blame the english language.
    How about Sledgehammer? It keeps the S name. Or it is too much long?

Also, will we include Jordan Kent soon? Never subestimate the power of mediatic synergy.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I think most of us agree that the chances of them adding another son are low. What would be the point? Jordan in the show already looks like comic Jon! More likely is that they’ll introduce a daughter, but even that’s a slim chance imo. It would depend on if Helena Wayne finally makes her debut in canon, if she does, then I could see DC green lighting a Superdaughter.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    BLACKsmith.
    Blame the english language.
    How about Sledgehammer? It keeps the S name. Or it is too much long?

Also, will we include Jordan Kent soon? Never subestimate the power of mediatic synergy.
    Sledgehammer ain't bad. Steel and Sledgehammer. Sounds good to me.

They won't ever include Jordan Kent unless they fundamentally change Jon Kent. Right now, the Jon in the comics is an entirely different person from the Jon in the TV show. They don't even look like each other. Jordan is exactly like Jon Kent from the comics. The TV version of Jon looks more like Booster Gold.

I like Sledgehammer,she grows big as hell, and he big ass hammer does too, Sledgehammer is what I think of when she is big and gonna pound the piss out of someone.

Cir-el can be the daughter folks.

Oh and if you want Jordan to be a brother, then make kon be the young 10 year old job, and Jordan stay the teen Legion lovin Jon lol. Problem solved
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Speaking of “Cir-El” (although technically any daughter of Kal’s would have the name [X] Kal-El) I’m surprised they haven’t given Jon a Kryptonian name, although I guess they haven’t traditionally done that with any of the Superman children.

Conner has Kon-El though so it’s always stuck out to me that Jon gets nothing.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Speaking of “Cir-El” (although technically any daughter of Kal’s would have the name [X] Kal-El) I’m surprised they haven’t given Jon a Kryptonian name, although I guess they haven’t traditionally done that with any of the Superman children.

Conner has Kon-El though so it’s always stuck out to me that Jon gets nothing.
    Jon-El is simultaneously the best and worst option. It works on every front, but it's so obvious and kind of a cop out I will roll my eyes if they go with it.

I've read people suggest "Van-El" as a nod to For the Man Who Has Everything and that's as good a name as any. Perhaps "Van" was relative or famous figure in Kryptonian culture that Clark learned about at the Fortress or from Kara.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Jon-El is simultaneously the best and worst option. It works on every front, but it's so obvious and kind of a cop out I will roll my eyes if they go with it.

I've read people suggest "Van-El" as a nod to For the Man Who Has Everything and that's as good a name as any. Perhaps "Van" was relative or famous figure in Kryptonian culture that Clark learned about at the Fortress or from Kara.
    I actually thought a fun one off issue would be Clark and Jon in the Fortress, going over Kryptonian history for ideas for his name, with Jon picking his Kryptonian name. I could see Van-El working, but I could just as easily see Clark not wanting Jon to have that name because it’s a painful reminder of another “son”, who was never real yet also very real. “Jon-El” is a boring choice and I hope they don’t do that.

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I actually thought a fun one off issue would be Clark and Jon in the Fortress, going over Kryptonian history for ideas for his name, with Jon picking his Kryptonian name. I could see Van-El working, but I could just as easily see Clark not wanting Jon to have that name because it’s a painful reminder of another “son”, who was never real yet also very real. “Jon-El” is a boring choice and I hope they don’t do that.
    I always figured they'd use the kids Earth names as the basis. So Jon is Jon Samuel - Jas-El? Conner obviously has Kon already. Lois and Clark's next kid doesn't get a fraction of the Kryptonian powers (he's maybe around Captain America level, physically), and Clark and Lois knew this when he was born. So Clark asked if he could be named after his best two human allies - Bruce and Lex. Bruce Alexander Kent, or Bak-El, is the tactician of the Superman family. The virtue and moral compass of his parents and an intellect that made Lex sit up and take notice. Bruce Wayne spent a lot of time with him, not just training him but helping him be comfortable as the one of the family with no powers but a keen mind. Bak-el would be a heartbreaker. Slightly brooding and with an edge of sadness to him, he's utterly decent and would do anything for his family.

The Daughters of Steel are Cir-El and Lam-El, Christine Kent and Lucy Martha Kent. Christine might be stronger than Jon, and is a force of nature like her mother. Lucy is shy and gentle. She has a close bond with Bruce Kent and is kind of intimidated by her sister, but desperately wants to be like her (Think Hinata from Naruto, wanting Neji/Naruto to notice her). She'll save the universe one day while her whole family watches in *awe*.

If Dru-Zod turns up, he'd be taken in by the Kents. If a time lost Mon-El shows up, he's taken in by the Kents. The Kents bring in waifs and strays all the time, and have absolutely no qualms about expanding their family. No one knows better than them that family isn't blood, it's bond. The House of Kent is huge and joyful.

Yeah hum, Lois isn't gonna have nearly that many kids. For one thing, poor woman. 4 kryptonians?.

Second, I can't imagine her wanting a big family. She is really proud of her career and though she can certainly have 1 or 2 kids and still be a great reporter, I don't think it's feasible for her to continue to have a strong career while having 4 kryptonians running around the house. We all like to think that Clark would take care of at least half the work at home, but when Mongul is invading earth and Clark has to go fight him and Lois wants to go report it, someone has to go pick up the kids at school, and we all know Clark is gonna guilt Lois into sacrificing the story.