Page 30 of 145 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    If Sam does end up becoming Captain America, where would he even show up? We know Marvel's upcoming slate of films. It would be odd if Sam picks up the legacy at the climax of this just to disappear. Could he move over to Armor Wars or Secret War? Does he become instrumental in forming the Young Avengers?
    Good question, but not really related to becoming Captain America. Where would he show up if he remained Falcon? Where would Bucky or Sharon show up, for that matter?
    Last edited by Dzetoun; 03-27-2021 at 03:23 PM.

Boisterously Confused

spoilers:
    If (I presume) the SSR/SHIELD could produce Isiah in 1951, and (I presume) they were already infiltrated by Hydra, you'd think Hydra would have been loaded to the eyeballs with super soldiers when they had their big coming out party in CA:WS. It rather begs a question of just what their success rate must have been like. How many graveyards got filled up to produce just one?
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    spoilers:
    If (I presume) the SSR/SHIELD could produce Isiah in 1951, and (I presume) they were already infiltrated by Hydra, you'd think Hydra would have been loaded to the eyeballs with super soldiers when they had their big coming out party in CA:WS. It rather begs a question of just what their success rate must have been like. How many graveyards got filled up to produce just one?
    end of spoilers
    Damn, that's dark!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Damn, that's dark!
    Yah. But it's the only way the internal logic of the entire franchise makes any sense.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yah. But it's the only way the internal logic of the entire franchise makes any sense.
    Depends, we don't know how much effort they put into it.

Bucky's a super soldier in the same manner Cap is in the comic books. He's peak human, nothing more. When he fought pure hand to hand against Cap and T'Challa, he was overpowered. More than that, the other Winter Soldiers that Hydra made went insane at the drop of a hat.

They might have simply kept doing research, and picked candidates that had the ideal profile. Hydra had plenty of time to play the long game, after all

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    More than that, the other Winter Soldiers that Hydra made went insane at the drop of a hat.
    The old dude said the serum amplifies what is already there. A good man becomes great. A bad man becomes worse. A covert assassination squad with more combined kills than some countries armies? Already one foot firmly planted in 'mad dog killer', by any standards...

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Depends, we don't know how much effort they put into it.

Bucky's a super soldier in the same manner Cap is in the comic books. He's peak human, nothing more. When he fought pure hand to hand against Cap and T'Challa, he was overpowered. More than that, the other Winter Soldiers that Hydra made went insane at the drop of a hat.

They might have simply kept doing research, and picked candidates that had the ideal profile. Hydra had plenty of time to play the long game, after all
    Uh, did we see the same movies? Comics Buck? You're right.

MCU Buck outran cars. He jumped from heights humans would require mountaineering gear to descend. He absorbed a fall from a balcony leap that would have a shattered humans leg bones (before we even talk about that whole thing where he jumps out of the plane).

He's outside peak human.

They had to dial him, and Black Panther, up to put him on level with MCU Captain America to make CA:TWS and CA:CW work. Essentially, they made Cap 1938 Superman (minus being bulletproof). So Buck and T'Challa had to get tuned up to keep pace.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 03-27-2021 at 04:43 PM.

Ultimate Member

Cap seems to get stronger each movie

So far it's been a pretty solid show. I hope they throw some curve balls in the show that folks don't see coming and like WandaVison the outcome in this has major implications for the rest of the MCU.

Speaking of which I was chatting with a coworker who thought WandaVison's story doesn't add to the overall MCU. I couldn't believe he thought this way. Lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by #1hiphopjunki3 View Post
    So far it's been a pretty solid show. I hope they throw some curve balls in the show that folks don't see coming and like WandaVison the outcome in this has major implications for the rest of the MCU.

Speaking of which I was chatting with a coworker who thought WandaVison's story doesn't add to the overall MCU. I couldn't believe he thought this way. Lol
    Why did he think that?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by #1hiphopjunki3 View Post
    Depends on what they mean by that. If Wanda turns out to be the antagonist of Doctor Strange 2, then I think he does not have a point. If there is any other outcome for her character, then WandaVision is not a necessary experience to make sense of the MCU. Any return of Vision or White Vision would likely have its own in- movie explanation - which is not to say it would be different from the series, just that you won't need to watch the series to make sense of it. Villain Wanda is a different thing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Depends on what they mean by that. If Wanda turns out to be the antagonist of Doctor Strange 2, then I think he does not have a point. If there is any other outcome for her character, then WandaVision is not a necessary experience to make sense of the MCU. Any return of Vision or White Vision would likely have its own in- movie explanation - which is not to say it would be different from the series, just that you won't need to watch the series to make sense of it. Villain Wanda is a different thing.
    True, but it does help us know the characters. That's kinda the point of a series like this. Plus people also complain about too much set up for the next movie/show

BANNED

True, but it does help us know the characters. That's kinda the point of a series like this. Plus people also complain about too much set up for the next movie/show
    Eh, I don't think Marvel is overly concerned about "knowing the characters," or they wouldn't have taken Thor in the direction they did. Plus, knowing the characters doesn't really count for making sense of the movies, which is what I'm supposing, totally without reason, this person meant.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Eh, I don't think Marvel is overly concerned about "knowing the characters," or they wouldn't have taken Thor in the direction they did. Plus, knowing the characters doesn't really count for making sense of the movies, which is what I'm supposing, totally without reason, this person meant.
    I think they've become more concerned with it in recent years. Plus Thor's latest appearances have given plenty of characterization to him IMO

BANNED

I think they've become more concerned with it in recent years. Plus Thor's latest appearances have given plenty of characterization to him IMO
    Yeah but it's not the same characterization as they started with