Page 88 of 145 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2161
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    AoS had a crazy ton of characters with crazy cg required superpowers.....that's not the case here in FnWS and it's not needed. The show is fine as it is.

Yea I know. I don't know what the budget of the show is, and they have done a lot more location shooting than a normal tv show and I am sure covid messed with a lot of things as well. I think it looks ok, but nothing mind-blowing for a tv show. I will give it a pass in that in the end this is way more of a character study than anything else. And I am really enjoying that. I really am liking the legacy/mantle of the shield stuff and feel like Disney/Marvel is doing something very different. Its something you can't really explore on the big screen that much. So as much as I am not a huge fan of the main plot with the Smashers and the GRC they are doing many good things as well.

Amazing Member

The GRC should be Hydra in disguise with a new direction and playing the LOOONG game.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Kayge View Post
    The GRC should be Hydra in disguise with a new direction and playing the LOOONG game.

That would actually be pretty cool.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, they've only been in IM3. We need to see them again!
    I'm pissed we haven't seen Zodiac. One of the members was name-dropped at Kingpin's party in Daredevil Season1...Cornelius Van Lunt. Can't remember if he's Libra or Aries. Moot though since Netflix shows aren't canon. Grr...

I'm sure most people are guessing that Walker is headed to becoming USAgent onward after this show, but if you've seen Russell lately in interviews, it's pretty clear he's actually going to take on the mantle of another Captain America super fan who got his powers from the Power Broker... D-Man!

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    If the DM had wanted to hurt Walker, that spear wouldn't have gone through the strap of his shield to just pin him to the table. I don't see how the DM fighting Walker isn't the same as what Walker was about to do with Sam right before the DM intervened. Walker wasn't interested in talking things out. They were all looking for a fight (except Sam and probably Lamar)
    The differences are:

1) Walker was up front about it, rather than just randomly attacking. Even put down the shield to make it a fair fight. Whomever wins, gets Zemo. At least then Bucky and Lemar could keep their eyes on Zemo.

2) Walker wanted to a arrest a mass murderer, and Sam was trying to stop that.

3) Walker didn't introduce himself to the scene by trying to take off his head off-screen.
    Last edited by TooFlyToFail; 04-19-2021 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    The differences are:

1) Walker was up front about it, rather than just randomly attacking. Even put down the shield to make it a fair fight. Whomever wins, gets Zemo. At least then Bucky and Lemar could keep their eyes on Zemo.

2) Walker wanted to a arrest a mass murderer, and Sam was trying to stop that.

3) Walker didn't introduce himself to the scene by trying to take off his head off-screen.
    We could do this all day... You're splitting hairs at this point and sympathizing with a side. The DM were also trying to arrest a mass murderer and Walker was getting in the way of that. Sam was trying to stop a group of terrorists and Walker was trying to get in the way of that as well and threatened Sam with violence. I don't know if the DM had jurisdiction, but Walker had said he and Lamar were going off-book following Sam and Bucky. And nobody tried to take anyone's head off. Are you talking about the spear? If they had wanted to take the head off of someone who didn't even know they were there, they could have. That was them announcing themselves, which was just as aggressive as Walker kicking down the door - he had no call to do that. And I'm not taking a side, I think the DM and Walker were both intent of taking Zemo and willing to fight anyone in their way.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-19-2021 at 01:46 PM.

Ultimate Member

I don't think any of those characters handled it well tbh

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Kayge View Post
    I'm pissed we haven't seen Zodiac. One of the members was name-dropped at Kingpin's party in Daredevil Season1...Cornelius Van Lunt. Can't remember if he's Libra or Aries. Moot though since Netflix shows aren't canon. Grr...
    Van Lunt was Taurus.

I don't think any of those characters handled it well tbh
    The good guys can't always be on the ball...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The good guys can't always be on the ball...
    Yeah, but none of them were

Yeah, but none of them were
    I think they were trying to be, in their own way.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they were trying to be, in their own way.
    I guess so

Spectacular Member

we're just pointing out that its hypocritical to condemn Walker's decision to take in Zemo while cheering for the Dora having the same goal. as someone pointed out before, its not like the only casualty was Tchaka, there were US citizens there too.

oh and also my original point that the Dora were actually about to cause bodily harm, maybe even death. you can argue Ayo was just gonna stop her thrust midway to intimidate Walker but the other Dora's were thrusting their spear at someone who was already collapsed and had their eyes closed.
    Last edited by silvercover; 04-19-2021 at 06:31 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Isaiah’s retaining his cognizance unlike in the source material and bring a known actor for the role implies to me he might accompany Eli into a potential Young Avengers show and have the more familial nature of any potential conflict there emphasized.
    It implies to me that they will end fierce adversaries. One or the other of them is the Power Broker. Both have the motivations, neither have the means, but that is easy enough to explain in three minutes of dialog.